Colette Accessories Christmas Casual/Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Find jobs for Christmas Casual/Sales Assistant

Colette Accessories Christmas Casual/Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Colette Accessories

2.9

Christmas Casual/Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Involved activities in dressing a potential customer for a potential event, selling based on collections and adding on products. Required a little bit of pre knowledge of the collections. Short speel on the views and values of the company. Ask questions to put yourself out there and be as bubbly and exuberant as possible! Dress well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Colette Accessories

Christmas Casual/Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colette Accessories.

Interview

There was a group interview with over 50 people. From here the next stage was a smaller group interview for the location you got accepted to. Next once you get through you have some type of training but its more for you to get to know where everything in the store is or goes.
    Both group interviews were for you to show how you work with individuals or holw you help customers styling different accessories.

Interview Questions

• Asked you to get to know one other person and talk about that person to the group   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Colette Accessories (Melbourne) in August 2018.

Interview

Online application process only took two days, i received a phone call the following day to let me know I was invited to a group interview.
    Was a little disappointed because there were alot of girls roughly 35/40
    I felt the staff had picked there favourites from the moment we all walked in.

We done a few group activities and got to know about eachother we then were put into groups again and given a theme, we had to work together as a team and pick out items and dress eachother up, and sell the products to everyone it.
    My group seemed a bit lost about the theme and were not working together, whitch was really frustrating, they picked there own items that were not the theme we were given, I felt let down as I didnt get a chance to shine and show my knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colette Accessories (Sydney).

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few weeks. The interview was held after store hours. There was about 15 of us. The girls told us a little bit about the company and told us what hours we could expect if we got the job etc

Interview Questions

• We were asked to introduce ourselves and asked what we liked about Colettes. We were then put into pairs and had to "sell" the other person and had a minute to talk to each other and learn a few key points. Then we were put into groups of 3 and had to each pick an item and then try and sell it to the group.   3 Answers

Christmas Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colette Accessories (Sydney).

Interview

I applied through indeed.com for a store in Sydney and got a phone call about a week and a half later from the Manager of that store. Later that evening I received a text message inviting me to a group interview the next day. Approximately 25 girls showed up to the interview, we were introduced to the Regional Manager, Manager and Assistant Manager, who were all lovely and welcoming. We were introduced to each other and then had to get into pairs, which we then played a short activity by introducing your partner and selling them to the Managers. The next activity involved changing into groups of 3 and styling a client for an event (e.g. formal, races and festival). We then had to describe what the client was wearing and explain how and why we chose the accessories we did. We were then told that we would be notified through email if we did not receive and offer, and a call if we did receive one. The entire interview took about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Colette?   1 Answer

Christmas Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colette Accessories (Adelaide).

Interview

After a phone screening I received an email stating my group interview time two-three weeks away. When I arrived fifteen minutes earlier than the designated time, I saw the store was full of candidates who were talking very loudly. I was confused and went to the front counter and asked what time it started. I then had to show her my email as I was the only one who received the time an hour later - how convenient. I was then paired up to build rapport with a girl then we were all separated into two groups, both giving a speech about a product we have chosen. I clapped enthusiastically for the others, prepared a humorous but detailed speech and felt pleased with myself. We then took photos and told them our preferred store. I received an email the next day advising I was unsuccessful.

Sales Assistant Christmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colette Accessories (Sydney) in September 2016.

Interview

The difficulty of the group interview depends on how outgoing you are. If you're shy you will hate it and you won't be noticed anyway. Extroverts will find it easy.
    You may have to sit on the floor for an extended period. It’s cold and hard, with little room to shift position. This could obviously be a problem for people with health conditions or disabilities.

The tasks involved introducing/selling a partner to the group. Then in small groups selling an item like you were presenting on TV. There were a lot of forgettable girls in black, grey, and beige who gave the same mediocre performance, so wear something to make yourself stand out and have a loud, charismatic personality. (Or fake it.)

I thought I absolutely smashed it with a great performance. My group was primarily timid 17-year-olds with no work history, and there were no super outgoing girls, so I definitely stood out. -Yet I was unsuccessful.
    I’m thin and attractive, so it wasn't about looks, or lack of experience. They clearly only want young ones as their Christmas casuals so they don’t have to pay them as much, and must just invite a few 21+ ladies so no one can call them out for age discrimination.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.