Find jobs for Customer Service Representative

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 163 of over 814 interviews

In Person3%
Recruiter1%
HardAverageEasy

Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Interview

IT's digital interview, 6 behavioral questions with 1 minute to think and 3 minutes to answer each question. Only one time recording, no reattempt. There are 3 trial questions that we can practice on before taking the real interview.

Interview Questions
  • Q1. Why you would like to work in CBA? Q2. Tell me a time when you have to handle difficult customers. Q3. Tell me a time when you went above and beyond at work. Q4. Tell me about the hardest thing you have to do. Q5. Cant remember Q6. Cant remember
    Answer Question
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne) in Sep 2021

Interview

This is overall a quick process. you can apply for multiple branches and each might have a different processing time in regard to the application. They expect good communication skill

Interview Questions
  • what do you think a typical day will look like in the branch
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney)

Interview

Application, followed by an aptitude and personality test to see if you would be a good fit for the role, video interview (with 2 branch managers). Summary of resume and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Values of Commonwealth Bank and which do you identify with?

Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in Apr 2021

Interview

1. Immediately got online personalities test after submission 2. Few hours later got digital interview. Around 35 mins including questions and game 3. Got face to face interview after 20 days 4. Got offered after 2 days

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Interview

digital interview asks a lot of question and watch the instruction video, you need to answer it, ask the questions in the case study and you need to use the exp you have, to try to give some good example.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Perth, Western Australia) in Mar 2021

Interview

Good, the interview process was a bit intimidating at first but with proper preparation, I felt less stressed. Commonwealth Bank uses technology such as pre-recorded videos and questions and gives you a few minutes to start recording. I am not used to this as I am used to traditional F2F interviews. This was a new and interesting experience.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you applying for this position?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobart

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Hobart) in Mar 2021

Interview

I applied online through the Commonweath bank website. The whole process was simple but it was totally digital, meaning no human interaction. In the first stage I was told to go through few senarios to see if the role fits me and then there was a qucik behavioural test, where I had to select a statement describing myself multipe times. In the stage 2, I had to record a video of my answers to 6 questions and also have to take an IQ test.

Interview Questions
  • In an ethical situation, did you create an easier but ethically questionable solution or did you opted for difficut but ethical solution. Please explain (Don't remember the exact words of the question)

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in Mar 2021

Interview

there was one online test and two online interviews. A background and reference check also is done. Speed of process depends on how desperate they need staff. There is usually high turnover for these roles

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had conflicting opinion with your manager. How did you handle it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in Feb 2021

Interview

At first it seemed quite innovative - an online assessment with digital/video interview asking relevant questions on experience. Then the second stage was a group interview session or “assessment centre”. Usually these are in person but due to covid was now through video conference/zoom. This is where the process turned negative in my view. You had 20+ applicants and 6+ hiring staff in this call. Everyone took turns introducing themselves and explaining how they resonate with one particular core value of CBA. Then they split up into 1on1 interviews. My interviewers were 10 mins late due to technical difficulties - which I wouldn’t mind however we only had 20 mins total and they rushed through my interview and ended up cutting my interview short. All in all I felt quite confident as this role is not difficult and with my experience I was perhaps over qualified. I was told I did really well and that I would be contacted by the end of the week (interview on Weds. So told to expect a call Friday) Friday passes. No call. One week passes, I follow up via email as I’m waiting on this result to decide on another job offer. The reply I get is “sorry, will Call you today”. It’s been a total of 2 weeks. With another email sent from recruitment saying “so sorry for the delay, will call you today!” Still nothing. Fortunately after the first few days I accepted a job offer from another company. But after a long career working for 4+ ASX listed companies, this was honestly the most unprofessional and inefficient recruitment process I have experienced. I hope they get their stuff organised because as a shareholder and client of commbank I would expect more. Seriously considering changing elsewhere.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in Feb 2021

Interview

After applying and completing an assessment, I automatically got a video interview invite. At the end of the video interview, there was a psychometric assessment. A week after completing the interview, I was informed that my interview was shortlisted for the hiring manager to review. Two days later, I was informed of my rejection.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 163 Interviews