Commonwealth Bank of Australia Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in August 2014.

Interview

Online application, 2x online tests, phone interview and assessment centre. Very fast to update candidates. My advice is to make sure you show your personality during the process, as well as demonstrating your capability.

Interview Questions

• The group activity was quite longer than they usually are.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in October 2011.

Interview

The application process begins with an online form, where you answer some questions regarding your eagerness to apply & you upload the results of your academic transcript.

You are asked to complete an online comprehension test, which had a time limit & consisted of a paragraph of text & 5 questions to answer regarding that text. This continues on until the time has run out.

The next step is an interview process, conducted over an entire day. It involves a mathematics test, a group activity with the other applicants, and a one-on-one interview with a manager.

When you have been offered a position, you are given a spreadsheet of positions that are available. These positions have a description of the role, the department & the nature of the work you'll be expected to perform. You then submit your preferences & may or may not be asked to do a phone interview with the manager of that role.

Interview Questions

• Looking at your transcript, you failed a subject twice. Why do you think that is & how did you succeed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process for Summer Internships are about equivalent to the Graduate roles.
    The process involved an online application followed by various stages of online testing and video interviews. This culminated in a half day assessment centre, including group and individual activities and one on one interviewing.
    Overall, CommBank was well organised, structured and helpful at each stage. They helped you to make the best impression and whilst some stages were difficult, the great attitude displayed by the staff made it better.

Interview Questions

• At the video interview stage the questions were personal and high level in nature. Questions such as; name something you're passionate about outside of university and work; name some key industry trends; and general questions such as your current studies.   Answer Question
    • At the assessment centre you can expect group activity questions such as; analysis of a fictional competitor product and what can be implemented to compete and market to the audience specified; present an idea for the bank to be involved in to improve its market competitiveness.
      At the same time, a one on one interview asked some general questions like times you have been innovative and creative.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Online testing, video interview, assessment centre which included speed interviews and a group case study. Assessment centre wasn’t too bad - very friendly just trying to get to know you. Respond with outcomes in five days.

Summer Interview

Interview

The process started with an easy application which only required submission of resume and cover letter, followed by an online assessment and then a video interview, and then an invitation to AC.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2016.

Interview

Application and online assessment which was followed by video interview and assessment centres. Unfortunately I didn’t make it to the video interview stage so I only know of online application and online assessment

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

Online application + online testing + digital interview, 7 questions with 2 minutes to answer. First time doing any sort of interview, so completely botched it. First three questions were very easy as expected

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to overcome a major challenge   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in August 2016.

Interview

Multi-stage selection process:
    - Online applications including resume, study history and university results; immediate cull of many at this stage
    - After the cull, online aptitude and psychometric testing through well-known test providers
    - Once passing the aptitude and psychometric testing, a short video interview (automated process using pre-recorded questions, with short amount of time to compose responses, followed by recorded response)
    - Finally an assessment centre of around 20 applicants. The assessment centre included one stage involving a team project (to assess collaboration and group dynamics, as well as negotiation and group presentation skills), one stage of individual interview (reasonably standard questions), and one stage of individual presentation (see question below). This was the final stage.

Interview Questions

• What is one concept/idea particular to your area of university studies that you could apply at CBA in a new and innovative way? (5 min thinking/prep time) 1 minute individual presentation to a panel.   Answer Question
    • The CBA core values are Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence, Service and Accountability. Tell of a time that you displayed one of these values either at university or employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As interns, we were not in a position to negotiate. Our pay and benefits were fixed across each business unit (though not between - different units had different pay levels).

Summer Interview

Interview

Online submission, testing, phone call, then assessment centre. Assessment centre had two 1-on-1 interviews. It was a good process - be sure to have strong presentation skills, it will really help you irregardless of what questions you are asked.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.