Cotton On Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Cotton On Interview Questions

Interviews at Cotton On

2.2

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

I got a call about one month after submitting a resume online. after speaking with the recruiter, i was asked to do another phone interview. the two asked general questions about my experience, what my goals were, why i wanted to work there, and if i felt comfortable working alone with out a closer M-Th (since the company believes strongly in keeping a tight payroll budget). after my second interview i was asked to do a one on one a week later, and one more after that (a week a part also). it took a whole month of calls and one on ones to finally be offered a position, in which i accepted.

Interview Questions

• how do you know you're doing a great job at being a leader and developing your staff?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The initial offer was $1,600 less than what I was asking. And when I asked for .30 cents more p/hr, he said he would check the stores volume and call back. 15 minutes later, i receive a call back with him saying "okay, you go it. it's yours." putting me just under $1,000 from what I was originally asking.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cotton On (Orange Park, FL (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

iam willing and promise to give cotton on 100 percents of hard work and honest and be a great leader

Interview Questions

• most difficult get me in and unexpected is doint lose a talent manger like me   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cotton On in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was informal, because it was an in store promotion. Due to the previous Store manager walking out. The assistant store manager was promoted to store manager, and I the senior key holder promoted to assistant manager

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cotton On.

Interview

A very long, dragged out process. Each interview I had with a team member was the exact same as the previous. I felt like I was constantly repeating myself when the team could have just communicated with eachother or at least all asked me different questions. I mainly dealt with the district recruiter. She was almost always hard to get a hold of, and very very rude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that I would be able to negotiate however when I tried, I was instantly denied.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Scripted, impertinent questions. Especially for how high up the position was the interview was very shallow, basic stuff. It shows in their staffing as well. They need to rewrite their interview guides to be targeted towards finding driven, committed employees, not fashionistas.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with current trends   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cotton On (Irvine, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the regional manager. Very personable. Lot's of questions that are open ended. Really try to get to know who they are interviewing. Relaxed conversation. Nothing comes off forced. Reference my experience and allowed me to really explain what kind of person I am and wish to become.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next year?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On.

Interview

I was contacted by a regional recruiter at first about my interest in the company and to see if my interests and goals lined up with their values.

After two phone interviews with the recruiter, she set up an in-person interview with the store manager I would be working for and the district manager. I interviewed with both of them simultaneously in person about a week later. After them, they had the branch manager contact me and tell me about the brand, the values, the role, and the goals. After this, I was contacted a day later with a job offer.

Visual Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On (Chesapeake, VA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online after an employee referral for the position. I was then contacted for screening by the recruitment dept. Interviewed with recruitment and was then moved through the chain of command. Was scheduled for an interview with the supervisor for this position, included a visit to one of the retail locations to evaluate the store and have a face to face interview with the supervisor. Was then asked to speak with and interview with the director of retail for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to come to Cotton On?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cotton On.

Interview

Had initial phone screening in which a following interview was set up with the district manager. After the interview I was contact within a week or so with a job offer.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cotton On (Daly City, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

You have phone interview with someone in HR, and then you are scheduled a interview with the DM of your region.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered a little less than I wanted and I negotiated for more and they gave it to me. I think because of my experience

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.