Credit Suisse Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Credit Suisse

1,491 Interview Reviews

2.9

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

The Interview Process was a bit lengthy, but was quite pleasant. The interviewers were kind and professional. The questions and comments were of a professional nature for the most part and all other conversation was light. The experience was a positive one.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about my resume and professional experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was consulting through an agency. I didn't negotiate a contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

This was through a MBA campus recruiting. I submitted my cv and I was invited to interview. I was flown from Ann Arbor to New York. It was on a Saturday. The morning started with a company introduction and the private banking industry, then later a case study. There was a quick presentation, and then a lunch and networking session. Interview was in the afternoon. The interview was not technical, but rather more personality base.

Interview Questions

• "You don't have banking experience. How will you contribute to Credit Suisse?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Relatively standard, asked behavioral questions, and some basic skills question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time that you made a decision at work that you regret?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Networking is the key to landing an interview and completing informational interviews can help you get there. Your visibility among current employees and the number of people who can remember you from a positive interaction will go a long way.

Interview Questions

• Associate level interview questions are mostly technically oriented and try to measure your ability to think analytically about the basic modeling and valuation concepts. Be prepared to cover all basics and dig deeply into any answer you provide.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is standard for fresh grads. Negotiations mostly don't occur.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Was very thorough and well thought-out. The process had a first round phone screen and then a call-back should you meet expectations. Thereafter, there was a second round interview supplemented by a thorough modelling test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume through their website and HR reached out within the week. I scheduled an in-person interview at their New York location to meet with an MD. Very efficient and straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• Challenges you are facing with a client and how are you resolving it?   1 Answer

Interview

HR interview, hiring manager interview, Team member interview, followed by the lead director interview = Total 4 rounds of interviews. Mostly experience related and scenario based questions were asked in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses, Experience specific and high level case scenario questions   1 Answer

KYC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Morrisville, NC (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a 2-part interview over a span of 1 hour. I met with one set of interviewers for the first 30 minutes and another set for the second half of the hour. In both interviews there was one interviewer physically present and the other was teleconferencing in from another geographic location. It was a fast paced but very comfortable and relaxed experience. There were no curveball questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you have experienced in the workplace and how you mitigated the circumstances   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

A little tougher than most IB interviews. Multi-person interview process. Be prepared to explain your motivations and having previous experience is a big help. They also provided food and snacks before the interviews which I don't see often and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Find the pattern between a certain set of numbers.   1 Answer

Too far from port authority.

Chief Data Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiter on a Friday and received an interview request for the following Monday. At first the Hiring Manager implied he didn't receive my resume only an interview request and after a few minutes he "found" it. I don't know if he was trying to "deflect" from the fact that he hadn't read my resume but it quickly went downhill from there. He then asked what the recruiter told me about the role. Other than the job description the recruiter didn't have too much insight (not that I expected him to). Interviewer was borderline combative and did not hide that fact that he had an "attitude" after I mentioned most job descriptions rarely fully explain the role. Turns our he wrote the job description and once he finally explained the role he confirmed my point. Typically my interview experience has been the Hiring Manager starting off by explaining the role and what they are looking for in a candidate. They then ask questions about your experience as it relates to that.

This Hiring Manager acted like he could not understand my questions:
    Is this role responsible for data and analytics strategy for the group?
    How does this role interact with the team?

I've dealt with C-Level Executives (higher up than he is) my entire career. As candidates are also interviewing potential bosses; I was NOT impressed.

Interview Questions

• What did you get from the job description that I took the time to write?
      Do you have financial/investment banking experience?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.