DDB Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

DDB Interview Questions

Interviews at DDB

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DDB (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, and then went on to 2nd and 3rd rounds. Everyone I met was very nice and everything was professional, until it came time for a response. I followed up after 2 weeks and never got even an acknowledgement back. If I took the time to send a thank you and then waited 2 weeks to follow up, the least a company can do is respond to an email, even if it's to say we went with a different candidate. It sort of left bad taste in my mouth.

SAE Interview

Interview

had a screener call with HR, then took a phone interview, then in person where you met with the extended team and we talked for 30 minutes each. lasted about 3 hours long

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DDB.

Interview

it was very messy and unorganized. It took weeks to hear back from the company, they'd always forget to answer my emails or just ignore them. For my first interview, they forgot to call me and we had to reschedule.

Interview Questions

• If you could work for any brand, which brand would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DDB (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Very thorough and extremely easy to talk with. I lived out of state—so I just hopped on a phone call. My main point of contact was the HR person, but my interviews were with planners.

Interview Questions

• What lead you become a strategist?   1 Answer

Account Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DDB (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Screening phone call with HR, and four separate calls stretch out over the course of a month with different members of different accounts. They place you on a particular account, you don't choose.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard, what do you know about us, why us, your experience.   1 Answer

SAE Interview

Interview

I find the HR and hiring managers very friendly., recruitment process is efficient. HR called for interview the day after I submitted my CV. I

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DDB in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by HR a couple days after I applied through DDB's website to set up an over the phone interview. It was initially supposed to be just with HR but then they added the Account Director. Both were very polite.

During the interview, the Account Director asked me the same basic interview questions everyone who goes through an interview has to answer: what are your biggest strengths/weaknesses? what is the most difficult situation you've been in and how did you handle it? how did you hear about us? tell us about yourself and your background. why did you leave your current job? can you please describe what you did in your previous positions?

To be honest, it was a long interview and the Account Director said they would follow-up with me a week later but never got in touch. Another week went by and I followed up and by then they had already selected a candidate. There was no clear communication at least to let me know whether I received the position or not. I think that HR should do a better job with letting candidates know what is happening with the interview process as that is their job afterall. I was more than qualified for this position because I have over a year of agency experience. I just really did not like how they handled the process and thought they could at least be more professional. Judging by the way my interview went it seemed like they cared more about my resume than what I actually bring to the table. Also, they told me that they won multiple accounts to make it seem like they were hiring for more than one position but it didn't seem like the case when they got back to me. For future interviewees, I would beware of how this company treats their employees and do thorough research on them before deciding to apply for a job here.

Interview Questions

• If I was to ask your coworkers what they think about you, how would they describe you?   Answer Question

Junior Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DDB.

Interview

I applied for the junior account manager position at DDB. I had a phone screen and then I went to the office to meet with two members of the team I would be working for.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DDB (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Very casual. Grabbed coffee with the head of the department. Wen't very well, we kept in contact, and I ended getting offered a job and I accepting the position.

Junior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DDB (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and got an email from the recruiter the next day. From the first call, it was evident that DDB San Francisco is highly unorganized and unprofessional. In the first call, the recruiter was 15 minutes late and barely apologized when she finally called me. The description of the role itself was also very unclear. For my next round, one hour before the scheduled interview, the recruiter reached out and asked to reschedule. This happened a couple other times, but I decided to take the calls anyways because I was initially really excited about DDB. Though the people I spoke to on the phone in my second and third phone screening seemed really great, the overall disorganized, unprofessional and uncommunicative process left me no choice but to reject coming onsite for the last interview. Note to DDB - if you care about your candidates, treat them with more respect please. You went from being my top choice to very bottom choice.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.