DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

DNEG Interview Questions

Interviews at DNEG

2.3

Rotoscope Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DNEG (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was mainly asked to talk about my showreel and elaborate on the challenges involved. The interview was with the head of HR and head of 2D, and was quite a relaxed, informal interview where information about the company was shared with me.

Information was noted down and they mentioned they will contact me in the future.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your free time?   1 Answer
    • When can you start work?   Answer Question
    • Do you like watching movies?   1 Answer
    • Talk to us about your showreel, like what are the challenges involved etc.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Double Negative as a company?   1 Answer

Rotoscope Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter and supervisor come along in the interview which doesn make sense and recruiter asked some art questions which was bit awkward.
    Supervisor was nice and good thing that they dont pull up the demoreel and talk about it.

Interview Questions

• Experience with last employer, what did i do, what was the environment and all. All general quesion.   1 Answer

Tech Runner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

pretty simple, just trying to get to know me and how I tick. Interview only lasted about 30 minutes. Pretty relaxed interview, nothing to stressful. It seems that the showreel and the CV did most of the work before I got there and they just wanted to find out how well I would fit into the team and what my plans for the future were.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience to date working in the film industry   Answer Question

better position offered else where

Tech Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Had clearly already made their mind up that I had the job before I got there. They wanted my life story (literally) and said that they liked me right there and then. They asked when I could start if successful towards the end which pretty much told me I had the job. Not TOO interested in what sort of an artist I would become.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what you want to go on to doing?   1 Answer

R&D Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Laid back. Everyone was really easy to talk to. There were no hugely technical, or hard to answer, questions and I didn't have to do programming test - although I think this may have changed. Ugh!

Interview Questions

• Given our description of the teams, where do you think you would best fit?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The initial interview was very casual and informal. The HR person and line manager were very friendly. The interview was competency based, we talked through CV. They talked more about the role and company culture and looked for responses on my related experience.
    Double Negative arranged the interview by email. The interview was about 45 minutes.

RND Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Thorough, standard interview process. Consisted of 3 interviews with more and more degrees of specific questioning. All very professional and friendly. This was a long time ago, and I can't really pad this out to an extra 50 words.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really, was offered an amount, and took it.

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Kolkata (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

Conference call via skype. Questions asked about back ground, work history, previous experience with other similar companies. Spoke directly with manager and HR recruiter. Brief touch on stereoscopic experience and previous projects.

Junior R&D Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

There were two discreet face to face interviews at their Soho offices in London. The first lasted around 30 minutes, in which three senior members of the programming division asked about my programming background (typical for programming jobs), scripting experience, and experiences in both creating one's own software and modifying existing libraries.
    The second interview lasts around an hour, covers the same kind of questions, but includes a tour of the R&D department. I was given the opportunity to ask questions of current staff members on the projects they were working on and how those projects tend to progress.

Interview Questions

• (Rather generic) Tell us of your history with programming   1 Answer

Compositing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Chat on the phone, and communicate via email, before settling a date and time for a interview. It's very easy, more like a chat. Showreel on screen, explained what you did, a friendly chat, and that's it. A week later, contract signed. This is actually the easiest interview I ever had.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions. Only asked why you left the last company.   1 Answer