Dealertrack Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Dealertrack Interview Questions

Interviews at Dealertrack

2.8

Document Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Wilmington, OH (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

The interview process took about a week. I had a phone interview and then a video interview the following day. Then they called the next day and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing that stood out to you about a previous manager?   Answer Question

Document Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Sacramento, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Every question was more about yourself and what you would do in certain situations, as well as your strength. They also question you about your past work experience and how it will benefit them.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

DSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Wilmington, OH (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

It was pretty simple. Normal interview questions. I interviewed with 2 supervisors. They were pretty laid back, and very knowledgeable. They made me feel comfortable with the interview, like I was already part of the team.

Training Content Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview with a recruiter. She was really nice and said I'd hear back within about a week, unfortunately, even after a follow-up email that said she'd be in contact within the week, I never did hear back from her.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with action scripting? Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Fireworks?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

After I applied online, I was emailed a few days later to set up a phone interview. They asked me basic questions on the phone. I was able to get an in person interview right away. It was a group interview setting with three different team leads. They were very pleasant. I was offered a position that same afternoon which paid more than I had anticipated. Everyone I talked to was very professional. I had another opportunity work out for me, otherwise I would've been very happy to take the position.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Sandy, UT (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. We talked about my skillset and what I had been working on and determined that dealertrack might be a good fit. They sent over a hackerrank problem that is pretty easy (it had to do with string manipulation) that you have to complete in three hours. After that, they do a phone screen for 30 minutes, and after that they bring you in for an onsite. They tell you to block out 4 hours, but if at any point you "fail" then you are sent home immediately.

I made it through the first interview which was basically an hour of trivia - what is x, y, and z type stuff related to javascript, OOP, html/css, C#, and more. After that, the 2nd manager came in and started with some more C#/OOP questions then had me code a problem on the whiteboard that was pretty easy - (I didn't use LINQ but I'm sure I could've gotten bonus points if I did).

After that, he went into a database design question where he started me with two tables and said I can modify and control the DB any way that I'd like, and then started asking a series of SQL questions. If the query he asked for couldn't be answered, then you were supposed to alter the DB so it was designed well for the query. This is the part I failed at, and I don't think it was a particularly hard DB problem- I just don't have any experience with DB design.

When I tried my best, the manager told me my design was bad. I told him that I don't have any experience in DB design (and my resume also didn't indicate that I did).

After I told him that I don't have DB design experience, he abruptly ended the interview and then somebody else came and told me that that was all they had wanted to see for the day.

It left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth just because I felt like they hadn't warned me or asked if I had a skill, and it's one that I don't have on my resume, and then they tested me on it, then told me I wasn't what they were looking for. I felt like they wasted a lot of my time since I could have told them up front that if they were looking for that then I wouldn't have been a good fit.

Every company wants to get good developers. Some care more about the high-level problem-solving ability, others focus more on previous experience and a defined skillset. This company felt like it focused on the latter (which can be a good or a bad thing, depending on your perspective).

Interview Questions

• Various knowledge based questions - what are the HTTP verbs, what does this css property do? etc.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair and dropped off my resume and an HR rep later reached out to me to have a quick phone screening and set up an interview with the hiring manager.

I interviewed with two great individuals who asked me one straightforward techinical question, and then we discussed my resume, projects, and experience I have with testing tools. It was a good conversation although it sounded like they wanted me to do manual testing which I was less pleased about.

The HR rep later got back to me with a low-ball offer and then when I asked for more compensation seemed unprepared to negotiate. I guess others just take it? Regardless, I asked to get back to her within a week and she tried to get me to commit right there and then. A week later she got back to me with a better, but still not very competitive, offer. I ultamately declined the offer in favor of another position which was more up my alley and paid 25% more than their best offer.

Overall the team sounded good, the work sounded bland, (although this was just an internship which can suspected), and the compensation was not competitive.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Sandy, UT (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Several digital correspondences, an online assessment, and an in-person interview. The process took a few weeks, including several reminder correspondences and standby on my end to ensure things kept moving along. Things were rather slow.

Overall, the process was unpleasant. It was unnecessarily time-consuming. The online assessment and in-person technical questions were largely syntactical and cut off from internet resources (a fundamental tool for most developers). Definitions were also among questions asked. Very little was asked of me in the way of problem solving (other than the assessment, which required a bit of thought) or getting to know me on a personal level. The assessment came across as contrived in that I did not have access to normal resources normal application developers should have. The interviews began more peripherally and personally, then devolved into syntax trivia once I arrived on-site.

Granted, interview questions aren't something I claim to be an expert at either, and some of them weren't bad. But it felt like they weren't making much effort to learn about me as a person or challenge my intelligence. I did try to guide interview questions into more interesting waters when syntax emerged (as well as answer to best recall, though when you've worked with 10+ languages, remembering minutiae without an IDE or Google can be inane), and describe use case and architectural considerations, etc. I tried to be patient, and it was tolerable up until some manager metaphorically flipped me the bird.

My third in-person interview lasted about a minute. Feedback from developers had reached the manager and for reasons undisclosed, I was deemed unfit (implicitly non-technical) and with remarkable haste ushered out of his office and into the lobby. Extraordinarily rude. He did not care to ask questions, learn about me, or reflect on whatever it was that suddenly dissolved a several-week business engagement. I had been courteous and transparent to them throughout, and had proven willing to compromise, though feel I received quite the opposite in return. It struck me as extremely unprofessional and perhaps discriminatory.

I don't think it likely I'll be doing business with this company in the future. They have been hiring a lot in this area recently, though for reasons above I wouldn't recommend it.

Title Vault Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Rancho Cordova, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

It wasn't really an interview. The process was actually a walkthrough. One of the lead employees there had me take some tests that involved pulling documents from shelves and several numerical accuracy (matching numbers and etc) tests.

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (South Jordan, UT (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Contacted via email to fill out questionnaire, then had about a 30 minute phone interview with two of the supervisors. Finally, I was asked to do a video interview with the senior manager and then offered the position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you learned a brand new system and how did you adapt?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.