Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

2,542 Interview Reviews

2.9

Sort:

Configuration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Panel Interview first, then a skills interview

Interview Questions

Dell Response

3 Dec 2018 – candidate and employee experience team

Thank you for interviewing with us. And special thanks for sharing your experience. Hoping there will be another vacancy more suitable for you. All the best.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

Quick and easy phone interview with 3 individuals. They all asked a few experience questions and them some techincal questions. After the interview I was contacted by the original staffing agency to let me know I got the job as Dell usually was a contract-to-hire company.

Contracts Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

initial phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview by the manager and then in-person interviews with the team I would be joining. The most stressful part was trying to find the actual location of where the interview would be happening in the maze of buildings and confusing structures on the Dell campus.

Interview Questions

• how I handled certain difficult situations in the past   1 Answer

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Peoria, IL (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

It started by simple conversation about the weekend plan. Then the manager started to talk about Dell Service, and what the opportunities are. Then we started to go over my resume, and I realized that he started to get distracted. As I went over my resume, I would stop and see if he would add some comments, and he didn't add anything and that became a dead silence. Because it was a phone interview, I almost thought I got disconnected, but he was still listening. Even until the end of the interview, when I was asking questions, his answer would not be more than 1 sentence. It wasn't that pleasant of an experience.

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Conducted 2 phone interviews with different people, then moved to a panel interview with 2 other people. Offer came shortly after the panel interview, then went into a long process of background checks and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you handled a conflict with a co-worker   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume during college career fair and we moved forward with an on campus interview. A lot of behavioral questions like why Dell and what do you plan to achieve there. There were no onsite interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty standard interview, interview on my college campus. 30 minutes that combined both technical and behavioral questions. 2 people for just me, the questions got more and more detailed as time went on. Know your projects that are on your resume! They asked really detailed questions about an app i created.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through College. 30 minute brief interview. Questions based on resume. 2nd phone interview scheduled within 1 week. My signal was very poor and my phone went blank didnt work. They were super chill enough too reschedule. Technical questions based on technologies I had worked on and listed on resume. I really appreciate them rescheduling and frankly it doesn't matter what the outcome is.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Berkeley, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

One hour skype interview. The interviewer reschuduled one time. It was okay. But no responses were given when I ask for feedback. Really disappointed at how they handle this. Really disappointed at how they handle this.

Interview Questions

• The details of implementing a Set
      Test Driven Development   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

5 Interviewers, 1 hour each. From 9 to 2. Interviewers were friendly, some asked a little difficult questions, some are easy. Wish the interviewer took candidates to lunch as the interview was during lunch hour, but it did not happen. I guess they cut cost.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.