Dell Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Sydney) in March 2019.

Interview

Approached directly by Dell Recruitment (phone) followed by a face to face interview by the hiring manager followed by a second face to face with a senior manager and then a phone call from the APJ VP. First two were approx 1 hour and the phone call was 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to move from your current employer   1 Answer

Configuration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Plano, TX (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Panel Interview first, then a skills interview

Interview Questions

Dell Technologies Response

3 Dec 2018 – candidate and employee experience team

Thank you for interviewing with us. And special thanks for sharing your experience. Hoping there will be another vacancy more suitable for you. All the best.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

Quick and easy phone interview with 3 individuals. They all asked a few experience questions and them some techincal questions. After the interview I was contacted by the original staffing agency to let me know I got the job as Dell usually was a contract-to-hire company.

Interview Questions

• What are the FISMO roles and what do they do?   2 Answers

Contracts Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

initial phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview by the manager and then in-person interviews with the team I would be joining. The most stressful part was trying to find the actual location of where the interview would be happening in the maze of buildings and confusing structures on the Dell campus.

Interview Questions

• how I handled certain difficult situations in the past   3 Answers

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Peoria, IL (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

It started by simple conversation about the weekend plan. Then the manager started to talk about Dell Service, and what the opportunities are. Then we started to go over my resume, and I realized that he started to get distracted. As I went over my resume, I would stop and see if he would add some comments, and he didn't add anything and that became a dead silence. Because it was a phone interview, I almost thought I got disconnected, but he was still listening. Even until the end of the interview, when I was asking questions, his answer would not be more than 1 sentence. It wasn't that pleasant of an experience.

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Conducted 2 phone interviews with different people, then moved to a panel interview with 2 other people. Offer came shortly after the panel interview, then went into a long process of background checks and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you handled a conflict with a co-worker   1 Answer

Software Development Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

They contacted me shortly after taking my resume to conduct interviews on my college campus. I interviewed with three engineers in a row. The first two were lovely, and the third was the rudest interviewer I've ever met. He would constantly laugh at me, or criticize me for asking clarifying questions about the prompt. He probably used the phrase "It's really not that hard" at least 5-10 times over the course of the hour I spent with him.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in June 2019.

Interview

I got an employee referral for a new-graduate Software Engineering role that had just opened up (this position was not through campus-recruiting ). A couple days after I applied, an HR Recruiter called me to set up a phone interview later that week with an Engineering Hiring Manager. The phone interview was easy and consisted of Dell/behavioral/project-based questions. After passing the phone interview, I was asked to come on-site. I choose to set up my onsite interview exactly a week from my phone interview. The onsite interview consisted of three 30-minute interviews. The first one was with an Engineering Manager, the second with a Senior Architect, and the third was with a Software Engineer. At the end of the three interviews, the Hiring Manager who spoke to me on the phone scheduled a 15 minute meeting with me. She told me she was ready to offer me the position on the spot. After accepting, I met with my HR Recruiter for 15 minutes going over the details and official paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what the job you applied for is asking of you? Do you understand the specific Dell Product/Division on the job description? Explain.   Answer Question
    • What ideas can you bring to Dell to make Dell a better company?   Answer Question
    • In-depth project-based questions - Explain all the technologies you used in project [x] and how they work, tell me about a passion project, etc.).   Answer Question
    • Group project questions - Tell me about a difficult group project, etc.   Answer Question
    • In-depth Java Questions: Explain Inheritance, Polymorphism, keyword Static, Instantiating Objects, Arraylists, LinkedLists, REST, API Calling, etc.   1 Answer
    • Find the first non-repeating character in a string.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was asked for technical interviews with two different groups, no HR part involved so far. Applied through university. Interview invitation sent by email. We got a free dinner (dell networking event) the night before interview day.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structure, string manipulation, pointers. Since I learned about these during freshmen year, I pretty much forgot most of these when I was interviewed. I didn't review because I thought first round should be HR, but I was wrong...   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in October 2014.

Interview

The whole process takes an awful lot of time! 5 weeks and then a generic message saying it will take longer. Interview questions are easy. 2:1 for full time positions. There was a networking event the night before the interview was scheduled. Felt good to meet with the recruiters and talk to them about their experience working at Dell.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. The technical questions were related to data structures   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

Apply on Dell job, had a on campus interview. Two engineering managers asked me questions about my project. Interviewing with Dell is honestly the best interview experience I've ever had. Much better than Google, Microsoft. The people who interviewed me made me feel like they really care, and they are actually trying to see if I am a good fit for a job in Dell. Overall it's a great experience

Interview Questions

• Nothing special, very easy question   1 Answer

Dell Technologies Response

17 Nov 2014 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Dell. We are happy to hear that your experience was so positive. Best of luck to you!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.