Dell Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Dell Technologies

3,304 Interview Reviews

2.9

Technical Writer Interview

Interview

face to face, the interviewer asked questions about my past experiences that are listed on my resume, especially for projects. went to first round and did not hear back from them

Interview Questions

• asked resume specific questions, the interviewer asked about my past project experiences   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was quite a simple technical interview process, it was in Java and mainly OOP. Unfortunately did not move onto the next round. It was for an internship position located in the Bay Area. Neither my friends moved onto the next round as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions on encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted after a week then interviewed with 2 employees. Took a while to hear back after the interview but overall a smooth process. The two interviewers were excited that I had researched the company and were happy to have a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of tech and how would you improve it?   Answer Question

Tech Leader Interview

Interview

Very organized and efficient. Personable and conversational tone. Great cross-section of people representing various parts of the business. Was a great experience. Strong indication of what their culture is about.

Internship Interview

Interview

Great interview process extremely thorough and informative. Loved the thought process of both the hiring manager and HR representative. Even though I didn’t get an offer I would love to try again

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Interview

Complete waste of time.... non professional behavior I came across so far.

Recruiter is just holding other candidates unless they finalized one.

It took more than a month to talk to recruiter about the position. After initial email, recruiter was either on PTO, vacation, out for some personal work etc.

Advise: If Dell is serious to fill roles, they should review the existing recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Not applicable, recruiter was just postponing meetings and at the end he sent email that they finalize another candidate   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Very organized they reached out to me within a day of the interview to let me know if I had the job. Only had one long interview day which was very convenient.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences. Sales role play. How relevant is your experience   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Interview

Overall good process. Have two large parts. The first part required me to do some calculations and provide a solution to some serials. But the second part is basically all questions about my resume and your past supply chain experience.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

I had behvioral interviews with a few folks - be really passionate and know what you want from the role and what you can provide. Being clear and confident is key

Senior Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in January 2021.

Interview

My initial interview with a Recruiter was so odd that it prompted me to write a review. I can't recall ever having a worse interview with an established company.

The recruiter was 15 minutes late for a 30 minute interview, didn't ask any questions about my experience but rather talked *at* me the entirety of our brief call. The only thing he seemed interested in was determining where I initially saw the job post, and didn't care about my past projects or any of the normal things that reputable companies typically ask candidates.

Rather, he wanted to mansplain as loudly as possible, and refused to give any space in the short conversation for me to add anything about myself. When I literally asked to have a moment to respond, he was rude. And loud. I had to take my headphones off. It was like being front row at a Bernie fundraising event; the recruiter was so incessant and vociferous that, although I put the phone on my desk, I could still hear him as if I had my phone on speaker: I didn't.

After the call finished, I withdrew my application. I can't imagine many senior level applicants finding this interview approach encouraging or useful, but it spoke VOLUMES about the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Q. Where did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.