DocuSign Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DocuSign (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online, got a recruiter call then went on with phone and multiple 1-1 rounds. Algorithms and Data Structures, white boarding and general questions. Make sure you are prepared to deep dive on your background.

Interview Questions

• Deep dive into previous experience and multiple algorithmic questions.   Answer Question

14 May 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks

Corporate Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DocuSign (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

I was actively pursued for this role, but what a complete waste of time. They were apparently recruiting for 3 or was it 4? They didn't seem to know, Sales Managers. One of which may report directly to the VP of Sales, but again, not to sure.

The recruiter was hopeless. No job description, no commutation as to what the roles really were or how they were defined and the salary level changed 3 times.

I interviewed with three of the current Sales Managers, despite being told that my interview would initially be with the VP of Sales. The interviews all started late. Not one of the managers I met could really explain to me the long term opportunities for individual growth or the future vision of the company beyond where it is today.

They seemed more interested in finding reasons not to hire than reasons to hire, hence why the positions are still open today.

Nobody could confirm the salary level for the role or how it was measured.

It seems you have to have a face that fits or a previous connection to get in at a management level here and the lack of vision or planning when it comes to the recruitment process and the future of the sales team is rather shocking.

I'm sure you can go in as an individual contributor and do ok without this nonsense, but given the reviews on Glassdoor, I'm not sure why you would.

Interview Questions

DocuSign Response

20 Dec 2015 – Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We will pass them on to the head of recruiting.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DocuSign (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

starts with phone interview with the hiring manager, went well. simply just chatting, no technical stuff involved. follow by a in person interview. it was a series of 4 interviews with managers from different departments. mostly technical questions and white boarding. relatively easy questions comparing to the software giants (MS, Google, Amazon, etc). the only curve ball that i've encountered is the unexpected interview with the CTO, wasn't prepared but turns out okay.

Interview Questions

• The elevator question is probably the most difficult question overall but still relatively simply once you get your head straight and beat your nervousness.

question: write a solution to operate elevators in a 10 story building.   Answer Question

Negotiation

the hiring manager was asking what do i want for this position and i asked for a little more and was accepted. this may not work with everyone since my experience is more of a senior level but was interviewing for a lower level position

Thanks for your review.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

I had one group interview over lunch, followed by an informal tour of the office space (impressive!) and an informal interview with the group's director. I was a known entity to the group, as I had worked with many folks in this organization earlier and this was a company I was targetting as a very good place to land a new job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was some back and forth and it took some time, but I think that is to be expected.

Thanks for your review.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me. After that there was a silence. I had to followup and get the telephonic interview scheduled. I cleared the telephonic interivew and was waiting for in-person interview to be scheduled. I waited for a long time. At last, I had to call and ask. The recuiter didn't pick the phone but called back after days. Apologized that he/she forgot. Later on it got scheduled.
    To reach to the location, although there were instructions provided, but later I found that the instructions didn't have proximity details. It took in 15-20 minutes to locate the office. Bad experience starts here.
    Now, the iterview - the interviewers were little rude in speaking. I had questions for them, but they never bothered to answer. Pretty lame...huh...
    Technical questions were ok, infact solvable, but there was a question that could not be solved in the 30 minutes duration. Still I managed to solve and clearly communicate that it is unsolvable. God knows what happened in the interviewer mind.
    Overall, negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected one was a puzzle...can't imagine people still base their hiring decision on puzzles...   Answer Question

Check the details I mentioned.

20 Dec 2015 – Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for your comments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DocuSign (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by recruiter. Had a technical phone interview the next day, followed by onsite the following week. I was really impressed by how fast they were able to move the process along.
    Onsite interview was 4 hours. One conversational interview, two coding questions, and one logic puzzle. Who even does those anymore? Questions were very unclear and even after 5+ minutes of asking questions, I would start on the problem only to be corrected on some aspect of the problem I had clarified before. Changing the problem mid way through really sent me spinning and I wasn't able to show my best side.

Interview Questions

DocuSign Response

17 Jul 2016 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Good luck in your next gig!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DocuSign (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

First is a coding challenge followed by a phone screening and then onsite interview with more coding challenges.
    Example: Write a program in any programming language that takes a data center name as an argument and outputs one of the nine server names.

Interview Questions

• write a program that takes 3 blobs as arguments and locates the closest blobs to entered location   Answer Question

22 Jan 2016 – Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign in February 2018.

Interview

I applied and got an automated email with specs for a project for me to complete and send back to them. I did and emailed it back to them and did not get notice of receipt. I emailed them back 2 days later to ask for a receipt confirmation and got a confirmation two days after sending the email.

Then 3 weeks went by, I didn't hear back from anyone. I emailed to ask for feedback and no one responded. 5 weeks later, I got an email saying they are not going to move forward with my application because I did not use OOP (I did) or Separation of Concerns (I did).. Oh well..

Interview Questions

DocuSign Response

9 Nov 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DocuSign (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I submitted my application online in the beginning of March. I got an email back at the end of the month. I had my first phone interview in April, then my technical screening the next week. Two weeks later I was in San Francisco for my final interview and I had an offer letter the following Monday. The whole process moved quickly after the initial contact.

Interview Questions

• How would you optimize the UI of an application given the following architecture?   Answer Question
    • Write a function that will identify if a victory condition exists in a tic-tac-toe game.   Answer Question

1 Jun 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Welcome aboard!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DocuSign (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I had applied for the Software Engineer role at Docusign. A recruiter mailed me with a challenge to finish. I spent a week time in designing the project and sent the source code with perfect documentation. I received a reply stating that we received the source. Over! But after that, there is no communication at all. Come on, at least have a courtesy to reply to a candidate's mails. It's been four weeks since I submitted the code and I have not received a reply. WORST!

Interview Questions

DocuSign Response

11 Aug 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for your comments. We would like all candidates to have a good experience whether or not they are offered a job. Please feel free to contact our VP of Human Resources, Michael Erisman, if... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.