Dude Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Dude Solutions

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dude Solutions (Cary, NC (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview took about 2 hours. Met with project manager and another developer first to go over architectural design for an API and interacting with other services. Then went over missed question on Hacker Rank test

Interview Questions

• After explaining to me when I missed a question on the Hacker Rank test, they then asked me to describe how I would approach the problem differently knowing what I know now.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dude Solutions (Cary, NC (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for a position at schooldude. Had two phone interviews plus an onsite interview with several people. Discovered a few things.

First, their dress code is very casual, so unless you're interviewing for an executive position you should probably dress at most business casual, preferably even casual casual.

Second, they manage their interview process like fraternity/sorority rush to a much greater extent than typical employers. You have to get them to like you as a person as much as (or possibly even more than) they respect you as a professional. Keep that in mind.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging thing you did? Proudest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dude Solutions (Cary, NC (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied via the website and received an email from their HR manager, requesting an interview. Met with two people who seemed to not have a lot of experience interviewing a possible outside hire, as they mostly hire friends and family of current employees. But the interview went well and they were very nice and seemed to like me.

Two weeks later, I get an email from a different HR person, requesting a half-day interview. I met with multiple people in the company, including this HR person, one of the guys who interviewed me the first time, and multiple employees. It started out very pleasant and everyone was super nice; it almost seemed like I pretty much had the job; they just wanted a half-day interview to pre "check me out." That's pretty much when the positive experience stopped.

I then met with a guy who told me that they mostly hire people who come from the restuarant industry because "we (School Dude) is unlike any other company." Does that make any sense? I have a 4-year degree and tons of experience and this guy proceeds to tell me that they mostly hire people who are essentially waiters and that my current experience may not "fit" with their culture. From there, the rest of the day went downhill. It was clear that they were looking for someone who "fit" their culture (whatever it is) and that I wasn't it. Maybe they were intimited by my experience, I don't know. Anyway, I sent a follow up email to thank them for the interview. Then three days later, I get a standard email that they have chosen to pursue other candiates whose qualifications more closely match what they are looking for. In other words, they are looking for a waiter or waitress.

I later found out that their HR managers shared personal details about my interview process with another recruiter, but that is a whole other can of worms. All in all, I will never again waste my time applying for another job with this unprofessional company. It's sad that one of the "top" places to work in the Triangle behaves this way.

Interview Questions

• If you had to count how many ridges were on a quarter, how would you go about doing it?   2 Answers

Client Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dude Solutions in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring process began with an online computer skills assessment. The assessment tested basic computer skills (emailing, attaching documents, terms, etc.). After the initial assessment, was a short phone interview, which lasted about 15 mins. Then, I was asked to prepare a webinar. After the webinar, I did a more formal phone interview, 40-45 mins. This was also fairly typical interview questions. Following this interview I was asked to come in for "Observation Day" which gave me the opportunity to meet the hiring managers, as well as see the facility and the position requirements.

Interview Questions

• Who would give you your worst recommendation, what would they say?   Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dude Solutions in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy, but had quick turnarounds. The first point of contact was an email with 3 tests: a computer skills test, a personality test, and an analytics test. After the tests are completed there is a presentation part, where you select a website of your choice and they conference you in to a conference-call website where you walk them through how to use the particular website you selected. They are looking to make sure that you can give clear directions to what you are doing. After you pass through the presentation part, there is a phone interview; typically lasts about 30 minutes. The usual interview questions. After phone interview will be an observation day, where you come in for about 3-4 hours and sit in with a few people on both School Dude side and Facility Dude side to see them in action. You can ask them questions about what they are doing, and you meet with managers on both sides (Facility and School) to do an interview session. After your half day they will either make the offer or not a few days later!

Interview Questions

• If you could do anything in the world and be happy and make a living doing it, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, I loved everything they offered so there was no need.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dude Solutions (Cary, NC (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Spoke to an HR representative initially for a phone interview, she gave information on the position and the team and I asked some questions about the department. I was asked to do a 10 to 15 minute demo on anything of my choosing, using a Zoom meeting (like Webex/Join.me but with no webcam turned on). Did the demo with two managers from the support team, they asked specific questions about the product I did the demo on. From there an in-person interview was scheduled and I met with the same two managers and then with another manager. Then I sat with a Client Advisor for 15 minutes so I could see the software, what tools they used, how a typical client call was handled.

In the end, I was not chosen but as per usual with rejections, there wasn't any feedback on why. I felt everything went well and I'm very qualified for the position, overqualified actually. The whole process from the initial email that they were considering me to the rejection took weeks. Interview was standard, with typical questions, nothing crazy. They mentioned that many people join the department and springboard to others within the company, which makes sense. It's kind of a call center feel in the room, with rows of cubes, and people answering calls on headsets and emails/chats. I could see where this would be a good entry point to learn about the product. They sound like they take great care in training new Client Advisors before they're put on their own calls.

Sorry it didn't work out Dude but rock on. Your company culture is impressive, keep it up.

Interview Questions

Dude Solutions Response

16 May 2018 – HR Talent Manager

Thank you for your interest in our company. We had a very talented applicant pool for the Client Advisor position. We hope you will continue to follow our company and consider us again in the... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dude Solutions (Cary, NC (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

This was actually my second time interviewing with Dude Solutions. My first point of contact was made via email after I initiated contact on LinkedIn. I did all three steps and was later sent the “email” letting me know I’d been passed over. I was never told the pay rate, benefits, nor which area the position was located in but later I found out it was the healthcare sector.
    I came from a medical background. I have customer experience of over 10 years and I’ve also worked in a call center (essentially what this position is). I was questioned more than a few times about why I wanted aswitch from the medical field and it wasn’t received well when I stated “I am looking for growth and would love to break into a new industry on the ground floor.” Why would you not want some who is healthcare trained to help clients that are calling from healthcare facilities?
    As I stated before I had interviewed for another position and that job was simply for administrative work. Again I am trained in this area! When I was called for the administrative interview the HR person kept extending this dept. as an option. So of course once the posting went up for Client Advisor I jumped at the chance to shoot my shot once again.
    Not sure what kind of people they are looking for but it bothered me to no end to know that I was more than qualified for both positions and not given a chance at either. They seemed like a great place and they may be for some. I just find it hard to believe that with my personality, my take charge attitude, and my love for seeing things through til the end didn’t go over well with them. But I suppose I can tell where I’m not wanted so I won’t be taking a third time to find out!

Interview Questions

• Why are you switching career fields?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dude Solutions (Cary, NC (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

This is a very casual office; everyone except HR was in shorts and tee shirts.

I had one phone interview and two face to face meetings. The first face to face interview was with two different groups; Application Engineers and sales reps.

The AE group asked very general questions. They told me that they do 3 to 5 webcasts each day (15 to 25 each week) and asked if that would be an issue for me. The sales reps seemed to have never done an interview before. Additionally; no one actually taken the time to read my resume prior to the meeting.

Two weeks later I was brought in for another 1 hour group interview. I arrived at 12:50 for a 1 pm meeting. Upon arrival to the office I found that the receptionists and HR were not in the office. Someone was able to locate the manager who I was actually meeting with that day. The interview started 15 minutes late. The meeting with the manager and lasted for 3 minutes. I was then brought in to a conference room and met with 5 or 6 people. No one was able to give me more than 7 minutes. Each interviewer came and went without having read my resume or knowing what had been discussed prior to their arrival.

This interview ended with the hiring manager. He told me that they usually hire internally by going with friends or family. He also had not yet received budget approval for the position. He was locating candidates who he would consider for the position once it opened.

I was in my car at 2:10.

One week later I received an email from HR stating that they are exploring other candidates and that no further information is available. She wished me best of luck with my job hunt.

Interview Questions

• Can you perform 15 to 25 presentations each week?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dude Solutions (Wake Forest, NC (US)).

Interview

I had the phone screen. This is where it turned bad. Was told I would get feedback in two days. It has now been 10 and I can’t even get an email. Unprofessional is an understatement.

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dude Solutions in April 2013.

Interview

I was very excited to interview for this position. At the time I felt everything about the position, the company, and the timing were about perfect for me. I read Glassdoor experiences and anticipated a long, in-depth interview process and that is what I got. The first interview was a phone conversation. The second interview was a set of "essay" questions to be returned to the HR/Marketing department, which were sort of like MBA exam questions. The third interview was in-person with only the hiring manager. The fourth interview was with an HR Manager first, who then passed me off to a few members of the sales team. The fifth interview was facilitated by the hiring manager, but primarily with three members of the marketing team. I truly enjoyed each and every step of the interview process. It was extremely time-consuming, and very difficult to manage with my full-time job, but I made it work because I cared about working there. The in-person interviews were less formal, more of a casual conversation about the company, and not all of the department teams who attended were given much notice about them. I honestly didn't mind and used it as an opportunity to talk about my ideas for the role, for the company, etc.

I was VERY excited when the HR manager wrote to say I could come in to review my offer. Now, here's where things get a bit 'off." When I arrive the very next day he hands me an offer letter and immediately launches into an explanation about how the company is restructuring. I hear him using the phrase "you have a seat on the bus, we just don't know what that seat is at this time." So that's around the time that I see on the offer that the pay is not just a tad low - it's WAY low. Like, really bad entry level pay low. I look further through the letter and realize they're offering me an untitled entry-level marketing position - NOT the Manager position that I had spent 30+ hours interviewing for. I ask him to clarify that this is indeed not a manager position and he confirms that this is in fact true. I'm pretty miffed at this point that he gave me no warning of this; he had to of known for some time that they couldn't offer me the job I had applied for! It really felt like a bait and switch deal. I leave to think about it and I actually decided that I was so excited about the work I'd be doing that it was enough to take the job, shiftiness and all. So I later call him to tell him that I would still be interested, but that I have minimum salary expectations (because we all do, let's be real). He tells me he'll see what he can do. The next day I receive an email from their HR manager rescinding their offer. I didn't care that much because I had another good offer on the table.

Anyhow, I really have mixed feelings about the whole ordeal. Up until the last meeting, I was quite enamored with the company, but I also despise being lied to when the truth would suffice. There's just no need for it. I still think there's a chance that if you can get a good offer it might be a nice place to work. But even if that's true, the interview process is a total racket and it's uncalled for.

Interview Questions

• How do you understand a specific market segment? How do you develop a unique value propositions and go-to-market strategies for each defined segment?   Answer Question

They offered me an job I didn't apply for, with too little pay.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.