E. & J. Gallo Winery Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

E. & J. Gallo Winery Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jun 2018

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

It was a three round interview on my college campus. The interview themselves were fairly laid back but good conversation. Many of the questions were behavioral based and specifically things from my resume.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

13 Jun 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks so much for leaving a review. We appreciate it!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

Overall, the whole process took about 4-6 weeks, which is normal for this company. All day interview process that included a tour of the company. 1 phone screen and 3 on-site interviews. Lunch and dinner was provided which served as a meet and greet with company employees, leadership, etc. Tough interviews, grueling process, but a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make an unpopular decision and how did you get buy-in from your peers.   Answer Question

13 Apr 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review regarding your candidate experience! We are so glad to hear that the time and effort was worth it. Welcome to Gallo!

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The process started with a HR phone screen that lasted around 20-30 minutes. I then had another phone interview with the hiring manager. The last step was flying up to Modesto to be interviewed in person. I had 5 interviews while on campus at Gallo. Overall the process went great.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

18 May 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we are so glad to hear that you had a great interview experience! Welcome to Gallo!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

Met Gallo on campus during career fair, earned first interview the next day. Relaxed interview with two recruiters and earned 2nd interview the next week on campus. Thought I did good and was told I would hear back in a week or so and still haven’t heard back in a month.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

22 Mar 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent interview, and we are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. We encourage you to confidentially reach out to us via... More

Interview

Two phone screens and in-person super day. Very fair and engaging questions with a good mix of behavioral/fit questions and "case-like" exercises. All interviewees were extremely passionate about the company and sincerely interested in getting to know me!

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would increase revenue for your favorite brand.   Answer Question

6 Feb 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

We are so glad to hear that you had such a great candidate experience and welcome to Gallo!

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview went great i more then qualifiy for the job and i was told that i would receive a call but in 48 hours. i had to contact five days later.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

26 Mar 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review regarding your candidate experience. We appreciate your time and interest in Gallo and we wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors.

Sales Repre Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Tampa, FL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

They go through multiple stages of interviews and narrow it down before inviting to a regional recruiting conference. Each stage of the interviews was surrounded by fun social activities to get to know the company in a casual setting.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

29 Mar 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for the review! We've found that taking our candidates out of the interview setting and putting them in a more casual environment leads to more dialogue and better sense of what makes someone... More

Merchandiser Bay Area Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set-up a phone interview. We had to reschedule the interview because the phone line was breaking off and I couldn't understand the questions. I had to keep on repeating myself . The 2nd attempt was much better and learned how physical the position can be. I was caught off guard because the position is out in the field and this is not clearly stated. Very upbeat interview and I felt it went great. I was informed I would be notified in between 4 weeks of potential next steps and I have not been notified.

Interview Questions

• How do you define great customer service?   Answer Question
    • How do you work with customers who are dissatisfied with your customer service? Can you provide of an example.   Answer Question

29 Mar 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback regarding your candidate experience. We are sorry that you haven't heard back from your Recruiter. We would like to get you feedback ASAP, so... More

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

First round of interviews was asked relatively basic questions. Focus on work experience, leadership, accomplishments during your time at the university, etc. Overall, very welcoming and down to earth people and interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you encountered and how did you go about attacking it?   Answer Question

5 Apr 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback and we are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience. Best of luck to you!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in March 2018.

Interview

Went through a three round interview process. The last interview was with two different people for an hour. Good cop / bad cop kind of questions. They want to see you express leadership, as well as, hear about the times you faced challenges that you had to overcome. They also want to see that you are driven and can manage time well.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about challenges and working as a team. Also want to see that you are a leader.   Answer Question

23 Apr 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and welcome to Gallo!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.