EMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

EMC Interview Questions

Updated 8 Jan 2018

2.9

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The he posted on linkedin, i sent me resume to her she called me at the same day very sample phone interview , and sent me a confirmation mail
    For the interview
    At the company the technical interview was the first one about storage,network,os,virtualization
    Young girl and young man asked me with a very comfortable way to allow me to get the correct anther after finished they told me to stay to the function interview. The worst part the hr wasn't professional she started asking messy questions and give rude actions about the company I trained with. She asked me about shifts when i asked her is it too late she answered it just a question here , after finishing she said ok I told her did we finished she replied yes you can go. And didn't tell that if she will call me after ,,,

Interview Questions

• If you studied basics for network virtualization and os ,storage it wiill be an easy interview   Answer Question

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Sales pitch of yourself to management. 3 interviews with management and a role play with a manager. Overall tough interview day but with a lot of experience you will do well.

Software Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Super positive and easy going. Interviewed with 4 individuals all whom were great to speak to. No coding during these short 30 minute interviews but a bit of verbal coding. Never heard back from them in the end.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was a phone call interview. The hr asked about my projects on my resume as well as my education background. At last the hr told me my background wasn't good enough.

Associate Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA (US)).

Interview

Good hiring experience. Initial phone call and screening before setting up an in person interview. They throw a lot at you and you have to meet with 3 separate managers. There is an ice breaker where you have to sell another person on why they should be hired at Dell EMC. You also have to do a role play scenario where you have to sell an emc product.

IT Interview

Interview

The process was an average IT interview process, with questions on experience. The whole process lasted a few weeks, with a background check and what not. Once the process is completed, the training portion is easy if you know your field.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Research Triangle Park, NC (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Five 30 minutes onsite interviews. No coding required in the interview process. Basically talked about the previous experience, resume and other technical questions. The interviewees are nice and the interview processes are more like a normal day conversation regrading to your experience.

Note that the interview questions may vary from different teams, hard to predict what they will ask in advance.

Interview Questions

EMC Response

3 Jul 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and our readers. Welcome to Dell EMC!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Quick phone interview, purely behavioral, asked about things on my resume. Nothing really fancy, very quick, very simple, easy. Talked with a very nice recruiter, was basically a nice conversation. No need to stress about anything, simply don't be nervous and you'll do perfectly fine.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Overall a very positive experience. The first interview was over the phone, then they flew me out to Boston for a day of three individual interviews. Only negative thing is if not offered the position they don't contact you within a week as they say they will and you will most likely have to reach out to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about Dell EMC as if you had to explain what we do to a friend.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter. She asked me questions about my resume and why I was looking for work. She also asked me some basic network port questions. She set up another phone screen with a senior technical support engineer and the interview was about an hour. There is one more step and I am waiting to find out if I get to the next level which is the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What is DNS?   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you resolved a complex problem.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.