EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated 8 Feb 2016

2.9

Advisory Staff- TAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Four interviews total, one on campus, three at super day. The first one on campus is mainly behavioral. After about a week, I received an email inviting me to have my final interviews at Dallas. At Dallas, they first invited me to a networking dinner. The food was great and you get to meet some of your interviewers. The next day, there are three interviews. One is case, the other two are behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions that start with if you were a manager and you don't get along with your boss and etc.   Answer Question
    • Leadership, team work, have you thought outside of the box, have used a global mindset to solve a problem...   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

The process took a long time to get in for the In-House interview since I am from a non-target school. Once I got in I heard back within a week. They did two-three interviews and then took us out to lunch of our choosing. It was a long process but I've had a great experience so far.

Diversified Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Fullerton, CA (US)).

Interview

All behavioral questions. Very nice interviewers; were mostly like conversations. I have accepted 2nd round interviews and am waiting for those. From what everyone else has said, most likely to be behavioral questions. They don't expect you to know technical processes as an entry level staff, so they want to see if they can work with you.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied on both school website and EY website. Notify your interview through school system. The first round is on-campus interview, which is conducted on campus. Most time you will be interviewing with a Manager/senior manager and sometimes a partner. They come to campus frequently before interview starts so you have pretty good chance to network with people and it is likely to have a interviewer you have talked before.

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Closed questions that demonstrate your knowledge by requiring a specific factual answer. Open-ended questions that are broader in scope and require you to work through the answer. Situational questions that describe a hypothetical situation and ask how you would proceed in those circumstances. Behavioural questions that ask you to describe a time in your own history when you dealt with a certain situation, and to explain how you dealt with it.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Two campus interviews (one with a Manager, and one with a Partner).The interviews were behavioral based, no technical questions. The second round in-house interview was mostly meeting with partners and other EY staff, presentations about the company, and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a team and one of your team-mates wasn't pulling their weight   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

This was the first round of the interview. Behavioral Round. Questions were straight from the internet. Go well Prepared for the interview. Be yourself. Answer to the point. Let them know what you learnt from your experience. Direct the interview. This was the first interview of my life and it was a good learning experience. The interviewers are very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to work closely with someone whose personality was very different from yours.   1 Answer

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of in person interviews with a case study and a writing test. Interview questions are mainly behavioral based. There has been some time pressure in the case study. The case is not difficult.

Application

Interview

main part of the interview was behavior questions. I did not have any technical question through the process. The first round was campus interview, and after was second round by visiting their office. the communication with campus recruiter was quite important for my case since I switched the office from San Jose to LA. They helped me a lot, and the switch was smooth.

Interview Questions

• how do you treat multiple tasks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

reach out the recruiters more to sell yourself.

Transaction Advisory Services Staff Interview

Application

Interview

Round 1: in person, on campus interview. Half behavioral, half quantitative Round 2: on-site. Quick lunch, then 4 hour superday. Met 1-on-1 with 5 people on the team for 30 minutes or more. Both behavioral and quantitative questions were asked. Everyone was very friendly in the office and nothing was too intimidating

Interview Questions

• If a client were debating building an apartment building or a condo, what would you need to know to advise them and what would you suggest they do   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.