Equal Experts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Equal Experts Interview Questions

Interviews at Equal Experts

Delivery Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in December 2020.

Interview

I interviewed for an Associate Delivery Lead role which is, in effect, a trusted independent consultant. Having been a self employed for 15 years, I was impressed with the thoroughness of the interview process as most consultancies just drop you into roles cold, following a brief 1 or 2 stage process.

For E, it was a 3 stage process, which included a scenario based test/presentation and a call with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• I was given an engagement scenario and asked to ask questions/present back as to how I would manage it.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

> Take home coding: Pretty simple to do

> Code Pairing: Code pair with an extension of the earlier code.

> Technical Discussion : Simple discussion on the aware ness of technology .

Interview Questions

• 1. Code pairing:
      They would provide the a home work, prior of this round. In this round a discussion on the extension of the same problem. The focus is on the TDD and code quality. I had an amazing time with the interviewer on this one.
      2. Discussion round :
      This was a discussion round involved two leads. I were asked to discuss a design about my project. I felt the interviewers were making up questions without even understanding the way why the a design is certain way and why its not the way they were expecting. They missed crucial points while I was describing the intension of the design. One of the interview seems to understand while the other was just throwing made up questions without no thoughts going in forming the question, sounded pretty naive.
       Specifics: when to make feature as library and when to make it an independent service, in the context of my design of the current project. Well the obvious is code reusability and functional decomposition, scaling respectively.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Equal Experts.

Interview

Some recruiter of that company reached out for me, asking if I would be interested in working for Equal Experts. Got a very simple but ambiguous coding challenge to hand in remotely. Afterwards, there was a meeting with two of their developers in a rented meeting room and another coding challenge. Also, very simple task. Talking and discussing with the developers about the pros and cons of different coding styles and language constructs was not possible. The mood in both challenges was "do the thing with as least code and as least effort as possible". Was not a match on both side, I was not interested in working for that company afterwards and they also didn't wanted because I don't know enough of the standard library of the used programming language in my head…. From my point of view that indicated that either the company does not know that programming is primarily problem solven or the project they perform are extremely simple.

In the end a big waste of my time, as they reached out for me. I think I will charge a fee for the next company that wants me to do a code challenge.

DevOps Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2020.

Interview

Hiring Process is as similar to any other startup company. Their People Management team is great. They briefly explains about the company and what would interviewer look for at the time time of evaluation.
    There were total 4 rounds.
    1 ) Offline Code challenge
    2) Pairing Round on the same problem.
    3 ) Face to Face Technical
    4) Leadership Round

They Don't focus on any perticular technology But you should be clear with the concepts.

Also they ask lot of questions around "WHY" than "HOW".

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Cape Town (South Africa)) in March 2020.

Interview

What a brilliant interview process! I loved the pair programming idea as it creates a far more realistic and relaxed atmosphere. Instead of trying to trip you up with really weird questions, it's a friendly and low-pressure get-to-know-you exercise, with some code and problem solving thrown in for good measure.

Interview Questions

• There are a few problems to solve, nothing esoteric.   1 Answer

QA Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

1. Initial telephone chat with a Peoples Manager to briefly go over your experience
    2. Take home technical test that consists of both manual and automated testing
    3. Overly challenging pairing interview (that I did not pass), it was heavily focused on performance testing and I failed for lack of test strategy and consultancy skills even though we never actually touched on my experience of setting up QA strategies from scratch
    4. next round is consultancy / hr round which I never got to

All in all, the pairing interview was tough and feel the interviewer tried hard to get me to slip up in somer regards, however my Peoples Manager is/was excellent and encouraged me to try again in 6-12 months, which I may consider and in the mean time have taken aboard some feedback and will continue to up skill as there's never any harm in that,

Interview Questions

• Why use BDD (I answered this correctly, I've read John Ferguson Smart's book "BDD in Action") yet interviewer still did not seem satisfied

What's the difference between HTTP and REST? (My brain froze during this unfortunately but I do know the difference, nerves got the better of me)

How can you come up with a Load testing strategy?

What would you do if you see a drop in performance but developer argues that everything works fine from a functional perspective? Again I believe I gave a reasonable answer but interviewer did not seem satisfied   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in January 2020.

Interview

360 hiring process in which you will be tested on your motivations, personality and technical skills. Though I didn't get any offer this time, I found the interviews to be interesting and the interviewers to be both friendful and professional.

Interview Questions

• According to you what would be the best quality a consultant could have ?   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2019.

Interview

A coding problem was given which is very simple in nature , and they asked to keep it as simple as possible with proper test codes. Code has to be given in 6 days from the email sent from HR on the test.

Interview Questions

• create a Cart with only backend   1 Answer

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process took 5 weeks divided in 3 phase:
    - programming exercise to do at home
    - remote programming session (90m)
    - on-site interview at lisbon's office where we talked about the company values and about my work experience. They questioned me about agile, TDD, pair programming, and how I would handle different work situations. At the end we did a small distributed system design exercise.

The interview process is long bu they quick replying and scheduling the next phase.
    At the end I didn't get a job offer but they gave me feedback regarding what skills I need to improve and overall I liked to meet the company and their values.

Interview Questions

• Describe the whole process to delivery software to a client.   Answer Question
    • What problems do you see in working in a flat organization?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about pair programing?   Answer Question
    • What is your opinion regarding TDD and how would you influence your teammates to do it?   Answer Question

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune (India)) in August 2019.

Interview

Pair Programming: 1. You need to solve programming exercise with TDD approach. If you don't have experience with TDD, they still force you to follow same approach to solve exercise.
    2. If you don't follow TDD, You will gets rejected.
    3. If candidate ask for reasons for rejection they won't give satisfactory reason. If you didn't worked on TDD before, then they don't even evaluate on technical skills.

They must mention first level scrutiny of candidates having hands on experience in TDD.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.