Interview Question

Cloud Support Engineer Graduate Interview

-Sydney

Amazon

Explain what happens when you open a web browser and type in "google.com"

Answer

Interview Answers

6 Answers

Why did you decline?

Anonymous on

To be honest, I declined it because I had a better offer. Better in the sense of more money, and lots of travel opportunities. I would love to work for Amazon, but if someone wants to pay for me to spend 4 months in Asia, I'm not going to say no. I still highly recommend applying for this job, and if I didn't accept this other one, I would have definitely accepted Amazon.

Anon on

Hi, me again, the Anon from above. Writing to you again on the off-chance that you happen to check this before Friday as I've been invited for an on-site interview. I'd appreciate any more details you're willing to share in regards to the on-site process: when you say it "covered your personality" does this refer to behavioral and/or aptitude type questions? Were the technical questions they asked similar to the sort of questions on the test? I'd love any examples of questions they asked you or advice you'd have for me. Also FYI: Anyone else reading this that might be wondering - it took Amazon just under two weeks after I submitted the take-home assignment to invite me for an on-site interview.

Anonymous on

Hey, Sorry i read the email saying you replied the other week but forgot to actually type a response lol. The personality was just questions about previous roles/Uni where you were faced with challenges and how you handled them. The technical questions were relating to your strong points from the test (which was a real nice change lol). I also got asked to explain my answer from the take home assignment. I personally found the interview quite easily, because as I said, it was to do with your strong points. The guys are all really nice, and I had a good laugh with them. If you don't know the answer to something, be sure to ask them to explain it to you as they want to know you that you are keen to learn. Good luck!

OP on

Thanks for getting back to me man. That's awesome advice I really appreciate it!!

Interview Anon on

I see, thanks for the reply, and congrats on the job! How long did it take Amazon to contact you after submitting the take-home assignment? I submitted mine late last week (Thursday) and am still waiting...

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.