ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

1,327 Interview Reviews

2.9

Sort:

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

HR mgr described the interview process and schedule, plant tour with process manager (highly informative- guide was well versed, and explained complex processes simply), who stayed with me until delayed managers arrived for team interview. Behavior, skill determination, and situational questions were all used. Ample opportunity to answer my questions. Professionally done. Called me back before the deadline they had set.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2008.

Interview

The recruiters called me two weeks before the college career fair and told me to apply online. Then they called me and gave me a personal interview 2 days prior to the career fair. After a week I received an email notifying me that I was selected for a second round of interviews. Approximately after 2 weeks I received a phone call for another interview. That interview was approximately 1 hour long and it was about my interests, my experiences, and my short and long term goals. Then after two more weeks I received a second call for another interview. This one lasted approximately 30 mins. It was a more informal one, and it was to confirm my interests and to provide me insight about the company. Then after a week and a half I received a call providing me the final offer. As an advice I can say that you should not be impatient. Always trust in yourself and try to convinces the interviewer with facts. Another thing is to read about the company before they interview you, in that way you know what to talk and ask.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that is no your resume that will convince me of hiring you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was too good to negotiate anything. An advice may be to be proud of what you studied and put yourself a price that you consider is your value after all the years studying and gaining experiences. With those facts you can negotiate offers and benefits.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Interview

I talked to ExxonMobil at a school career and signed up for an on-campus interview at their booth. The interview was about half an hour long and mainly focused on behavioral questions and they asked a good bit of them. Overall it was a good experience. I felt like it wasn't my best interview so I wasn't to surprised that I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to chose to go in one direction or another and what was the result?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA (US)).

Interview

Applied through campus interview and attended information session before hand. Person interviewing me first asked me what my favorite class was and why and then least favorite and why. He then went straight to the behavioral questions. He said if I didn't have a great example he could skip to different question because he had a whole list of questions that were similar. I asked questions for about 15 minutes and then that was it. Haven't heard back from them so far.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working on team and had to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you didn't have resources to complete something and what you did?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Interviews conducted in graduate department at university. Interviewer was very friendly and shared helpful information about the company. The interview questions were a combination of behavioral and work experience/interest questions, none of which were unexpected or particularly difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which a disagreement on a project required you to adapt and change your approach.   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Fairfax, VA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Recruiter called with an opportunity then I went in for an interview. Very straightforward process. Interview questions were appropriate for role and challenging. It was very important that I was prepared and able to answer specifics about my prior employment roles. In person interview first then the second interview was with a team of people I would be working with. Everyone was extremely intelligent, thoughtful and professional. I could tell they were are very dedicated to the company.

Interview Questions

• What specific agency experience have you had working with top level agencies.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

I gave my resume at my college's career fair. I went to their information session then to an interview. The interviewer did not actually have any position in mind and was not a technical interviewer. She just asked questions about my resume. Got an email a week later that they have sent my resume to the hiring managers. 2 weeks after that I followed up with the interview coordinator, and he said the process takes a long time because they have so many candidates. Does not look like there will be any action before I must make a decision on my offers.

Interview Questions

• When did you make a good decision and can you walk me through that decision process?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2017.

Interview

applied online, got a phone interview two weeks later. Still pending, but I think they will be move forward with me. I do not really like the questions they ask, native and pointless.

Interview Questions

• Typical software engineering questions, object oriented programming with C++. Feels very bad about the interview.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Interview was very laid back. The manager asked basic behavioral questions, nothing to technical. They wanted to make sure I understand ethics and the importance of working in a tea environment.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was about 2 hours long. I was interviewed by 2 sets of people. The first set of people asked questions of how certain situations would be handled. The second group of people was more relaxed asking questions of would you be able to lift a certain amount, would you wear steel toed boots, etc

Interview Questions

• There were a plethora of questions that were asked of how would you handle certain situations and how have you handled certain situations in the past with your employers   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.