FM Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

FM Global Interview Questions

Updated 15 May 2018

2.8

HR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

Phone screen went well and looked hopeful with a commitment to bring you in, then they do a bait and switch and completely ignore all correspondence with finally an email response that they changed there mind with no reason. Not even the courage to be truthful about why they didn’t bring you in, it was obvious that internal colleagues there whom you were connected to in the past were spreading lies. I rather keep my integrity than work with a group who can be so shallow.

Account Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

It is a behavioral based interview...all of the interviews they do are. You should draw from experiences that from your professional and normal life. You just do not have to talk about work. This goes for any interview. It helps doing this and makes you relatable.

Interview Questions

• Look up behavioral based questioning online, you will not be able to prepare for each question, but get a general idea of behavioral based questions and then think of different life situations from work or your regular life that apply to a set of questions. it is not recommended that you come up with a different story for each question, remember that when answering behavioral based interview questions that you remember the S.T.A.R method which means you need to describe the Situation, Task you were assigned, Action you took, and the Results.   Answer Question

Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

Applied through university career fair, interview was the very next day. Standard 1 on 1 interview with recruiter. Very easy to talk to, however the appeal of working from home was not for me.

Interview Questions

• If I was to walk into your house or apartment right now, what would it tell me about your personality.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

First was a quick walkthrough of projects on the resume following by your teamwork experience(agile developing, SCRUM, etc.), time managing skills and an example of debugging. Just behavior questions, no algorithm or test.

Software Developer Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

I applied through the university job website and interviewed in person at the university. There were two interviewers. The interview was about 30 minutes long with no technical questions (except some questions about stuff on my resume)

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FM Global (Troy, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Talked about projects on the Resume, asked pretty deep about the projects, such as what I did, what techniques I used, what problems I have met, etc. All behavior questions, no technical questions.

Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FM Global in March 2018.

Interview

Two interviews. One was behavioral and the other was a group interview. I was told to answer the questions using a particular format for the behavioral interview. Overall, the process was very pleasant. This company really cares about getting to know you.

Interview Questions

• The behavioral interview mainly tried to see how you react in different situations   Answer Question
    • The group interview was with a group of managers. It flowed like a conversation.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FM Global (Baton Rouge, LA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Went to a career fair on campus, knew something about the company, got an interview the next day, 30 minute interview, asked standard questions and talked about the company, said they would choose one person to fly out to their hiring location and meet everyone and presumably would be hired.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FM Global (College Station, TX (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Was offered interview at on campus career fair. Scheduled interview, team was very friendly they had a social the night before that I attended. Interview was pleasant, very open to questions about company and took time to describe lots of processes.

Post interview, they explained the next steps and said they'd be in contact, and I never heard from them again. Sent some follow up emails a few weeks after, and still nothing.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to handle a team conflict and how did you address it?   Answer Question
    • Are you available for 50+% Travel   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FM Global.

Interview

Interviewers were extremely welcoming. Asked a lot of questions about past experiences. Was interviewed by three employees who all had a different sets of questions and held different positions within the company. The whole interview lasted between 2.5-3 hours. You are given a Microsoft Office efficiency test, a typing WPM test, and a personality quiz before hand. All around, interview is a little long but in a very welcoming and positive environment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.