Facebook Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7,649 of over 7.6K interviews

Employee Referral24%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions. The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Interview Questions
  • None
    12 Answers
1845 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

I was contact by a recruiter out of the blue telling me how they are really impressed by my CV. From first moment the interaction felt very impersonal and hurried up. Yes I know you are reaching out to a lot of candidates but let's not forget you are still talking to a human. I then got scheduled for an interview which was cancelled last moment apparently because the interviewer was sick. We then moved on to reschedule. Two weeks later I show up for the (remote) interview. The interviewer was late 5 minutes and when he showed he did not really seem to bother. We then swiftly began the process. I struggled a lot understanding the interviewer accent who seemed even lazy to clearly articulate properly his words. He was talking but you were getting a sense that he did not really care if he was understood. I completely zoned out, but I answered well the coding questions which I share below. We then moved on to the product related questions which were pretty basic and what you typically find on the web. I answered, but the whole process was feeling like a disconnect and I had a feeling we were both there just because we had too. To sum up - worse interview process ever.

Interview Questions
  • Given the following data: Table: searches Columns: date STRING date of the search, search_id INT the unique identifier of each search, user_id INT the unique identifier of the searcher, age_group STRING ('<30', '30-50', '50+'), search_query STRING the text of the search query Sample Rows: date | search_id | user_id | age_group | search_query -------------------------------------------------------------------- '2020-01-01' | 101 | 9991 | '<30' | 'justin bieber' '2020-01-01' | 102 | 9991 | '<30' | 'menlo park' '2020-01-01' | 103 | 5555 | '30-50' | 'john' '2020-01-01' | 104 | 1234 | '50+' | 'funny cats' Table: search_results Columns: date STRING date of the search action, search_id INT the unique identifier of each search, result_id INT the unique identifier of the result, result_type STRING (page, event, group, person, post, etc.), clicked BOOLEAN did the user click on the result? Sample Rows: date | search_id | result_id | result_type | clicked -------------------------------------------------------------------- '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1001 | 'page' | TRUE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1002 | 'event' | FALSE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1003 | 'event' | FALSE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1004 | 'group' | FALSE Over the last 7 days, how many users made more than 10 searches? You notice that the number of users that clicked on a search result about a Facebook Event increased 10% week-over-week. How would you investigate? How do you decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing? The Events team wants to up-rank Events such that they show up higher in Search. How would you determine if this is a good idea or not?
27 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in Mar 2021

Interview

1. I got a call from FB Recruiter who found me through linkedin, and had first discussion of general experience and also asked 5 basic SQL and python questions. 2. Next round is 1hr technical interview, where code will be written in coderpad. Interviewer is very helpful and it is more like a conversation, rather than interview. Some basic hints for python coding is also there which you can refer in case you stuck somewhere. The questions are all available in Glassdoor here. Please refer them and practice well.

Interview Questions
  • Python questions: 1. Replace None value with previous value present in a list. 2. Given a ´dictionary, print the key for nth highest value present in the dict. If there are more than 1 record present for nth highest value then sort the key and print the first one. 3. Given two sentences, you have to print the words those are not present in either of the sentences.(If one word is present twice in 1st sentence but not present in 2nd sentence then you have to print that word too) 4. Forgot another question you have to pass all the cases, specially on edge cases. SQL questions: 1. Mostly % calculation, also refer the questions available here in Glassdoor. Next will be my Onsite Interview of 3.30hr. If anyone can help me on that or else I will update later on that interview as well.
41 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on linkedin, Asked if i would like to give interview for facebook london.I couldn't clear first.Recruiter was very professional.He shared clear feedback within 2 days and the reason why they rejected. I had to solve 2 questions in 35 minutes. As i didn't practice well, i struggled with syntax and language.And couldn't provide optimised solution for first question

Interview Questions
  • First Question: Print all combinations from dictionary which will result in number N Input Dictionary { “flag”:4.5, “temp”:2 ,”foo”:9} N : 11 Output: “Flag”*2 + “temp”*1 “Foo”*1+”temp”*1 Second Question: Return list of root-to-leaf sum (in left to right) from given tree Input: 1 / \ 2 3 / \ 4 5 Output: [7,8,4]
10 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Recruiter reached out to get updated resume, interview process was relative straight forward: Phone screen, 1 hour coding challenge, then onsite with 3 sessions on various topics within the same day

2 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Reached out by a recruiter. Had a phone chat with the recruiter and I was told in general, there are 3 steps in the interview processing: coding test, 2nd technical interview and "on-site" interview

Interview Questions
  • Find the largest perimeter of an island given a 2 dimensional array
1 person found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

The entire process took almost 3 months. I waited for 1 and a half month for the results. The overall experience was okay. All interviewers were friendly, and provided helpful info related to the role.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Interview is really moving fast. First round is technical interview that include SQl + product sense question. Then it's final round that has 4 rounds total: SQL, stats, product sense, problem solving.

Interview Questions
  • Why friends accept rate decrease 15% after launching new notification system
1 person found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn for an open position. Phone screen with on site scheduled during same call. 2 intro chats with recruiter & scheduler 3 onsite with other admins 4 follow up chats with hiring team Start to finish about 4 weeks

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral type questions… tell me about a time when xyz
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Was contacted by a R4R recruiter and invited to take an initial interview. When it came time to chat with them, they didn't seem particularly excited to talk to me. Didn't sound like they had looked at my resume, and they also didn't really ask me much about my experience, either. They felt pretty disinterested the whole time, asked me a couple of questions about logistical preferences (in-office or remote, etc), and that was more or less it. They gave me some cautionary advice about choosing remote vs. in-person which felt more like a warning as opposed to a selling point about the culture. They invited me to ask a few questions, but seemed pretty eager to get off the phone with me, so I asked a few short q's and then ended the call. I sent a thank you note, highlighting some of the few things we talked about and reiterating my interest, but they never acknowledged it. A week later I got an automated rejection email.

Interview Questions
  • Do you want to work remote or in the the office? Do you prefer sourcing or recruiting?
Be the first to find this interview helpful