Fisher Investments Interview Questions

Updated 24 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,033 of over 1.0K interviews

Recruiter15%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Fisher Investments

Application

I interviewed at Fisher Investments

Interview

30 min Phone Interview with the company's recruiter to access the skills and experience even though no prior experience was required. The interviewer came across as cold and spoke extremely loud almost sounded like yelling.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer service call?
    Answer Question

Fisher Investments

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments

Interview

5 interviews, one project, an overly invasive background, and a credit check, over a 3 month-long period - all to be offered a base compensation that not only is below market but is also nearly $10k less than what I asked for in my screening interview. While I understand they have a semi-annual bonus that is generous and a 401(k) that is also generous the base pay is what employees rely on to pay their bills and it should be aligned with market data. Seems if the company can donate $2 million dollars to Republican politics they should be able to pay their employees a reasonable salary. Especially with an expectation of a 50-hour workweek (which is supposed to be changing).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fisher Investments

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments

Interview

it was a pretty straight forward phone screen. no complaints or real feedback. The position turned out not to be a good fit for me as this seemed heavy on data entry and a more Junior than I am.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fisher Investments

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments

Interview

Standard online interview. Interviewer was very polite and allowed me plenty of time to answer questions. Time was also allowed for me to ask my own questions, and I was able to get a good idea of the position through them.

Interview Questions
  • What was it like working with someone completely different from you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Boston, MA)

Interview

They wanted a phone dialing monkey with zero intelligence . No office , no camaraderie . Told me “ if you make 250 first year I will fire you” Leads are non qualified and they give 100 new leads a month and expect you to call those garbage leads that just wanted free information There was an old school feeling of being a broker calling and why don’t they automate those calls

Interview Questions
  • If I gave you 1000 leads what would you do

Fisher Investments

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in Jun 2021

Interview

Was reached out to on LinkedIn by a recruiter. Followed by other phone calls and a virtual interview. Required to do a background check. Overall a fairly easy process but some questions I wasn't expecting

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in Jun 2021

Interview

Don’t apply. The only entry position is client service associate which is basically busy work nobody wants to do. They respond to your application quickly because HR is measured by success on how many interviews they do. So they literally interview knowing that they aren’t going to hire. That’s why they always have job openings listed on their website. So they can keep HR busy. The firm has no flexibility. 50 hours of busy work if you do take the job. The process consists of a phone screening then round robin with multiple teams claiming they have open positions but again they only hire CSA for new hires. Questions are all normal behavioral and really easy but hiring is really dependent on if enough people have quit recently that they need bodies.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Plano, TX) in Jun 2021

Interview

Initial Interview was pretty basic, then 3 back to back 30 minute interviews with 3 different managers and then role playing a client call with last manager. All the interviews were done via phone or bluejeans (similar to zoom)

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it

Fisher Investments

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in Jun 2021

Interview

The process was very clear-cut and efficient. The first round is a phone screening interview where you are informed of the process as a whole, the company, and then asked a couple questions about yourself and your background. At the end, they detail the next steps in the process. The company reached out within a couple of days if they are interested in a second interview. The second interview is conducted in groups of three. For example, you are interviewing for multiple positions.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in Fisher Investments? Why the finance sector?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Portland, OR) in Jun 2021

Interview

The process was incredibly formal. In some regards it was helpful to have a roadmap, but on the other hand it felt like a series of essay questions. I don't think I really had the opportunity to have a genuine conversation with my interviewer about the position.

Interview Questions
  • The specific skills we are looking for are X. Tell me about your experience with that.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,033 Interviews