Flight Centre Travel Group Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Flight Centre Travel Group Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Flight Centre Travel Group

3.1

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Malden, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (New Malden, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Quite tough, you need to know about the industry and prepare yourself! There were a variety of stages. 1- telephone interview, 2-online test, 3- day assement at the head office, whilst there they provided various activities one being put into groups and given a scenario and try to find the best holiday which would suit that, you were then taken away one on one to sell a certain item to your interviewer, there was then a test which you needed to know basic English and maths. Once completing the test you then had your main interview.

Quite a long day but was worth it!!

Interview Questions

• Give me the most memorable destination you have been to and try to sell it to me   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Flight Centre Travel Group

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Brisbane) in February 2018.

Interview

Similar to what everyone else has said. There was a group interview where we had to complete little scenarios and a test. The test was pretty straight forward if you've ever booked your own flight before you really shouldn't have any issues. You also had to do a one on one and pretend you were the consultant asking the customer questions. This was also pretty straight forward you just needed to make sure you were being friendly, ask for their name, ask them to have a seat, etc.

Interview Questions

• Whats your previous travel experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Sydney) in February 2018.

Interview

The first part is a short phone interview that lasts around 10 minutes with general questions such as why did you apply for the role, etc. After the phone interview, you would be invited to a group interview. The first hour is an introduction of the company, followed by selling your partner as the right candidate to the company. After everyone gives their presentation in front of everyone, you need to complete a numerical test and geography test. You would be asked to do a sales scenario interview at the same time as well. If you are successful, you will be invited to the next stage of the interview.

Interview Questions

• This is a full-on sales roles, are you prepared to take on something like this given that you don't have any relevant experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Brisbane) in February 2018.

Interview

The phone interview was quick and short. Only took about 10 mins. They didnt really let you finish what you want to say once she thinks is enough. The questions are straight forward. Just those general interview question.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group.

Interview

Applied online: asked to sign up to a telephone interview
    Telephone interview: just wanted to get to know me a bit better and my level of motivation
    Assessment centre: had to role play a customer coming into the shop, had a panel interview and a group exercise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Adelaide) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then received an email with a link to book a phone interview. I did this and the phone call came a few minutes after scheduled time. The interviewer was young and bright to begin with, but was either became bored or was not interested in my story and considerable experience. Perhaps I wasn't as excited as she would have liked. (I didn't use words like awesome or fabulous). She gave me the line "Well, I have others to call, and I will be back to you in 2-3 business days." On the third day, the rejection email arrived.

Interview Questions

• Where have you travelled in the past five years?   1 Answer
    • Do you understand KPIs?   1 Answer
    • I don't have your CV in front of me, so can you tell me a little about your previous experience.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group in April 2017.

Interview

It's basically exactly as people have already detailed here. The first step was the online application process where you had to explain your retail or sales experience, the countries you've travelled to, that kind of stuff.

Following that, I received an email inviting me to select a time for a phone interview.
    The phone interview was late, as he'd run a little late in the morning over other interviews, so I had actually rung after fifteen minutes (as directed by the email) and was transferred to the consultant I'd be dealing with as soon as he'd finished his current call. It was pretty brief, but I was asked about my motivation for applying for the job, what I thought the role of travel consultant involved from day to day, what I would bring to a sales role, and what countries I'd travelled to previously. Then he explained the salary and commission stuff, and invited me to the group interview on the Thursday (this was Monday).

There was some online psychometric tests to complete before the day, which took about an hour, but is pretty straight forward. The final timed section was difficult, but I don't think you're expected to finish them all in time, so don't stress.

The first task on the day is the "sell your partner" bit. Like many others on here, I would stress that this is not an exercise on how well you managed to get to know them in five minutes, but a sales exercise on selling them as a potential employee to flight centre. Focus on their background and travel experience, and what skills and experience they bring to the role.

Then the written exam. There's a numeracy base one and a geography one. It's also during this time you're taken out for your mock sales scenario with one of the consultants. Ask your questions, know what the customer wants and make sure to upsell.

Then once they sent a few people home, we had our final interview. Three questions, quite straight forward. Now I'm just waiting to find out if I was successful!

Interview Questions

• what keeps you motivated, how do you manage situations when you're not on track to reach a goal, etc   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview process was quite enjoyable but it does go for 5 hours so be prepared.
    Arrived and waited in the fouer to be led into the room where you'll be with at least 15-20 other applicants.
    You're shown a video about the roles of a sales consultant, they'll vaguely touch over the salary and commission structure, which they go will go in to more detail if you make it through to the second half of the day.
    Recruiter gives you some background info on the company and different brands.
    First task was to name which country places are located such as Kuta, Phi Phi, Big Ben etc, fairly straghforward. Also had to locate San Fransisco, New York and Disneyland on a map, say which where the main airlines for 3 countries.
    Second activity was to pitch your partner, basically ask questions to the person sitting next to you and find out as much as you can, you'll then need to present your partner and tell everyone why you think they would be good for the job, and throw in some interesting fact like how many countries they've visited etc.
    Next you're give a written task which includes a scenario as well as info on airfares, accommodation, car hire etc. There are questions such as working out the best fair for the customer and numeracy questions relating to percentages and commission.
    While you're doing this people get called out of the room to do the one on one sales pitch.

After this there's a short break and they will then split the group in two and be told if you've made it through or if you're going home.

This is when they'll go in to more detail regarding salary, commission and the global conference.

The next activity is a group activity, 3-4 people, where you'll need to sell to the council your ideas on why you should open a travel agency, there are specific answers to question so it's pretty straight forward, activity only goes for 5 minutes.

Lastly they call your and take you to a separate room with 2 other applicants where the assessor will ask behavioural type questions and you'll need to answer using your own experiences.

Overall it was a long but enjoyable day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you reached a goal, how did you keep motivated?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Perth, Western Australia) in August 2016.

Interview

It was in city, it was a group interview. first off we had to get into partners, then introduce your partner to the group. Ask them things like previous employment, interests, why they applied, etc. Then we had to watch a slideshow, they talked up through it and explained all benefits of the position. Then we had to do a maths and geo test. It was pretty easy but it was timed so theres a bit of pressure. Then the sales pitch/one on one with the manager.

After they slit you up, one group goes home, one stays.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Brisbane) in July 2016.

Interview

Assessment day,
    Based on 4 assessments.
    You present you self firstly and ur partner ( what they do ) etc
    Then an exam geography! Capital cities, destinations. Where to ski, where is phi phi island, capital of Aust, USA, London etc .
    Then a mock sales acting on how to sell travel
    Another exam about percentage and what is a better deal for the client

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.