Flight Centre Travel Group Sales Travel Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Find jobs for Sales Travel Consultant

Flight Centre Travel Group Sales Travel Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Flight Centre Travel Group

2.8

Travel/Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I received an automated email telling me I was invited to come in for a group interview a few weeks after I submitted an online application. I picked a day out of three choices and submitted my request online. I never spoke to anyone until the day of the interview, on my way to location which they had sent me they day before. A woman called to give me the suite number because it apparently never mentioned in the e-mail. I had looked it up though anyway.

I get there and there are four of us, including me. Two are interviewing for a more management type role and two of us are interviewing for the Entry-Level Sales Consultant/Travel Agent position. First, the recruiter gives us an hour long powerpoint presentation about the job and the company in all it's glory. How great it is to work there, all the perks, this, that and the other thing.

Then she tells us our first task is to partner off talk to each other for 5 minutes and then make a presentation to her of why she should hire the other person.

The next task is sort of like a game. It's a NASA Moon Survival game where we need to rank items in order of importance to take with us on a mission. We then need to compare our answers and ultimately come to a unanimous group decision in which she watches us and basicaly rates our selling/ability to be persuasive skills.

After the second assessment, we are all lead outside and she brings us one by one in to tell us whether or not she wants to move us forward. When I go in, I am told that she would like to move me to next stage in the hiring process and proceed with a background check.

Next morning, 8am, she calls and has someone get on the phone with me for a background check, they ask all sorts of questions. She had initially said she wanted the whole process to be completed in 5-7 days. Then she tells me she's going on vacation so I will hear from someone else in recruitment to continue the process.

A few days later, I play phone tag with another recruiter who ultimately schedules me to go in for an "In-Store Assessment" at the downtown location. An official e-mail schedules it and tells me I'll be there for 2-3 hours.

When I get there, the team leader introduces me to the two other travel agents, and gives some paperwork to fill out, easy questions to answer, although I do have to google some of it - airport codes and vacation spots and what not. Then we go have a private "interview" in a cafe across the hall. It's all generic interview questions, he's not really listening to me at all, he doesn't really care what I have to say, he's just going through the motions, I can tell.

Initially, he told me there would be an assessment at the end, where I would have to "mock sell" him a trip. After our 1:1 interview, however, he concluded my day and told me they would be in touch. He never did the final assessment with me, he must have seen all he had needed to see. He did tell me, however, that I had done very well on my paper quizzes.

I assumed I didn't so well, considering I was there for less than half the time I was supposed to be there.

I received a phone call 12 days later saying they were not moving forward with my candidacy.

Overall, I'd say the interview was process was not overly difficult, just long and they never really got to know me as a person at all. Everything was so automated and distant, how could they really ever tell I was a good candidate or not?

Works out okay though, I wasn't too amped for the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Flight Centre Travel Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Sydney) in December 2019.

Interview

I do the interview on Dec, 2019, Sydney.
    firstly, there will be a phone interview, ask about the basic questions as your previous work experience, some examples from that, and where have your been travel to, why you want to be a travel agent, etc. this part is not that hard, as the recruiter is very patient and nice, they don't mind to repeat their questions.
    after you pass the phone interview, they will schedule with you for the face to face interview at head office, send you personality test link and all the information you need for the interview and some document about salary and commission. on my interview day, there are about 20-30 people, we get a presentation from the recruiter about the company, and then give us a topic to do group presentation, after a short break, there will be paper test and role play interview. among all of these parts, I feel like the role play interview is the most important one, so if you go for a interview, have a good preparation for this.
    after these, each recruiter take few people to a room and ask about the feedbacks about the interview process, your visa condition, availability and so on, which makes you feel like you get the job, lol, which i am not.
    after 2-3 days they will call you about the result, and if you want to know, they will give your their feedbacks about your interview.
    overall, the recruitment process is very professional, but you need to do some preparation if you want to get the job.

Travel Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group.

Interview

Applied with Seek online. A few days later received an email to participate in a phone interview. The phone interview went well and was invited in the following week for a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Flight Centre?
      What skills do you think you could bring to the role?   1 Answer

Travel Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group in June 2019.

Interview

Phone interview, the interviewer explained the process of the interview and start asking questions. It took around 15mins. She mentioned 24-48hrs later I would get the result by email and see if I can get to the second round of interview.

Travel Sales Consultants Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group.

Interview

Applied Online, Got email about a future phone call interview. The interview was brief and straight forward. They use this to determine your voice control, the ability to converse under pressure and such.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Sydney) in August 2018.

Interview

There are 4 steps: 1. Apply Online 2. Phone Interview 3. Psychometric test online 4. Recruitment Day or face-to-face interview. I did allot of research with regards to the resume layout, cover letter and phone interview. I am now booked for F2F Interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Perth, Western Australia) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Within 24 hours had an email to choose a date for a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty basic. Immediately invited to an assessment day at head office. Before attending had to go online and complete some psychocematic forms...or whatever it’s called. On assessment day we heard about the role, they dangled all the carrots to keep us wanting more. Had a written assessment and during the written part we were taken away to role play being a consultant with a customer- they don’t want you to know what you’re selling...in other words it’s just a personality test. If you didn’t fit the brief or “pass the written” you were let go in brutal style and the rest of the people continued to part 2 of the day which was interview type questions but answering them in front of the whole group. It was a long unnecessary Process. Was told I’d hear the next day but surprise surprise it’s sooo busy at work! Bt after reading reviews on here I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• based on your general knowledge what are the capital cities for the following ten countries...   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had constructive criticism and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • What travel experiences do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (North Sydney) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and then interviewed on phone. Afterward, I interviewed one-on-one by the Recruitment Manager in her store. Finally, I was assessed during the recruitment day. After all, the company offered me a 4-week paid training in one of their stores to get myself hands-on experience. On their side, they could assess me how efficiently I can work individually and other Travel Consultants.

Interview Questions

• Why was I planning to quit my current job and did I decide to apply for this position at FCTG?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Adelaide) in June 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview that was scheduled and got offered a group interview at head office. The group interview included a test with basic maths and a client wanting to book a holiday.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for flight centre?
      Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Sydney) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Followed by an invite for a phone interview. The phone interview went for about 10 minutes. The person I had was extremely calming and friendly. It was easy to establish a good conversation with them. The phone interview was successful and now invited to a assessment day. Advice: do your research, make responses for every interview question you find and don't be afraid to have a laugh on the phone once the more serious questions are over with and you are having more of an informal chat.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of daily life at FC?
      Why should we consider you?
      What skills could you bring to FC?
      What challenges do you expect this job to have?
      Have you worked within sales before?
      Have you had to work with sales targets before?
      What is your favourite destination?
      general questions about my travels.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.