Genentech Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 915 of over 915 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Genentech

Application

I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

Video Interview Panel. In addition, during the Interview I had to answer various Data Structures and Algorithms Questions. Interview also went over my resume and current projects. Several Behavioral questions were also brought up such as how I would work with a team on a Software Project.

Interview Questions
  • How do you print duplicate characters from a string?
    1 Answer

Genentech

Application

I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

Informal phone interview with hiring manager who then directed approval to third party contracting company. The contracting company was unprofessional and unprepared for the second interview, not knowing role interviewing for or associated responsibilities.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Genentech (New York, NY) in Sep 2021

Interview

The process was clear and simple, with two different interview stages. The first was self-directed where you video record yourself answering essay questions, and the second was with the team I was to work with had I gotten accepted to the program. Everything was clear but they took long times in-between interviews and making decisions.

Interview Questions
  • In the team-based interview, I was asked about my relevant project experience, and was asked to expand on everything I mentioned. I was also asked about how I was going to connect all that I learned in previous projects to the project assignment they described during the interview.

Genentech

Application

I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

Pretty fast interview process with your manager and then he or she will decide after a week if you will receive a job offer or not. Then a recruiter will follow up with you about onboarding process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Genentech

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in Aug 2021

Interview

It was very brief but the entire thing felt comfortable. I enjoyed the opportunity and I would love to work here. The first interview was a one way video and before I was nervous but it was not as bad as I assumed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Genentech

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

There was a short approximately 30 mins phone interview and then an on-site interview. The on-site interview had 3 interviewers each taking about 1 hour. Everything takes place in one conference room. The interviewers exit when they're done and the next one comes in.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult coworker or project member.

Genentech

Application

I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

One round of behavioral interviews where they asked about how we work in a team, how much we contribute individually, and some of the past projects I've worked on. Super nice employees so they made the process very comfortable and less stressful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Genentech

Application

I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

Started with a phone screen with a talent recruiter where they asked basic questions and described the position. The next interview was a panel interview with a few supervisors in manufacturing

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you worked in a team setting. Tell me how you feel about diversity and inclusion. Tell me about a time when you made a process improvement.

Genentech

Application

I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

Very great and professional. Very polite and right to the point. They don't waste your time. If you are the right candidate they know what they are doing. This is the right option for you and you will definitely like it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Genentech

Application

I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

Applied online, then had a 30 minute interview with 2 hiring managers. The interview was mostly behavioral / situational questions, like "why do you want this position?". About a month later, they called me with an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Genentech

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech

Interview

Standard academic interview process. Give a talk about your research project, meet staff, researchers, postdocs and scientists to discuss your research goals/what they are working on. Everyone is very friendly and supportive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 915 Interviews