Gensler Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Gensler Interview Questions

Interviews at Gensler

2.7

Informational Interview

Interview

Interviewer ghosted after I agreed to an interview. Even after multiple attempts in multiple mediums, he never responded. It was frustrating because he seemed really interested in bringing me on.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gensler.

Interview

I applied for a position on the website though a Gensler employee from another office referred me and gave me a direct contact to follow up with.

The first round interview was in the office. However, the hiring manager was away and conducted the interview remotely which was strange. They essentially walked through my resume and asked a few questions about specific items then cut things off quickly letting me know they would be able to tell me about the next round within a week. The manager asked me to email if I didn't hear within a week and that they'd be interested in reviewing my portfolio in the meantime.

I followed up as discussed and was told to follow up again the next week. The person who refereed me let me know the manager thought the interview went well which he thought was a good sign.

A followed up again and it took the hiring manager a week to reply. They said they hadn't come to any decisions and to follow up again in two weeks.

I followed up again. The hiring manager replied back a week later and told me they decided not to hire anyone.

The whole experience was odd as I was told the team was short staffed and that they wanted to move the process along quickly. It seems strange they'd go from saying that to not hiring anyone.

My instinct is that they only interviewed me as a favor to the person who referred me which is disappointing.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager read through my resume and asked me to elaborate on several bullet points. It seemed aimed at what specific tasks I'd completed as opposed to what I could actually do in the position itself.   Answer Question

Summer Architecture Interview

Interview

very easy going and stress free! asked about cultural fit into the firm and where you see yourself in 5 years and what you want to get out of the internship

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gensler.

Interview

Go to meeting interview with a senior architect, talk about my work and experience . The interview last 30 minutes. At the end I got that offer. Professional Intern start from June to August. It is a nice experience for me.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gensler in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online- Contacted by HM to schedule an on-site interview. The hiring team was not prepared, did not seem to have any questions for me, and was very distracted throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your last role? What didn't you like about your last role?   Answer Question

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gensler in January 2020.

Interview

5hr interview with many exercises by category that would evaluate my knowledge on each design field. The first few were useful by last ones too exhausting and unnecessary. The team was really nice and receptive all along.

Interview Questions

• What do I not see myself doing in a daily basis.   1 Answer

Studio Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Very long interview process. Not very clear direction about the position. Interview seemed more personality based than skill based. Screen with a timer counting down on it in the room as the interview went on.

Project Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I interviewed at the San Francisco Office. We talked through my resume and portfolio and then discussed the firm and the role I'd have. We finished the interview with a tour

Interview Questions

• What was the largest project team you've worked with and what was your role?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gensler.

Interview

started asking me to talk about my portfolio and then asked me several pretty easy questions about myself and what kind of software i'm familiar with and then on of the interviewers showed me around the office

Senior Job Captain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The initial interview was a panel style structure with Directors and members of the management team. I was asked a series of questions about my previous experience, goals and future ambitions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.