Glassdoor Account Executive SMB Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.5

SMB Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The overall process was a phone screen with the recruiting manager (who is awesome!), then another phone interview with a hiring manager, a mock discovery call, in-person round-robbin interview with 3 hiring managers, and a final in-person interview with the Director of Sales. The phone and in-person interviews were fairly standard for sales interviews. The Mock Discovery Call / Product Pitch was fun and a great way to really showcase your skills. They group was truly awesome and even wished me a happy birthday when my final interview landed on it! Really made me feel welcome and like a great culture to join!

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you leaving your current employer?   2 Answers

Glassdoor Response

23 Mar 2018 – Senior Director, Human Resources

We're so glad to hear you had a fun, positive interview experience with us. Welcome to the team!

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

SMB Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

A Challenging but Necessary Process. Good companies take time to review their candidates and this was very strenuous. I applied through an internal referral, did an initial phone screening with the recruiter, did a call with a hiring manager, performed a presentation of the product to two sales managers, went in for an in-person to meet with 3 other sales managers, and last, met with the Director of Sales. Brianna was incredible to work with throughout the process.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online via Glassdoor and received an email from a recruiter a few days later. Went through a quick/standard phone screener and was immediately asked to schedule a skype interview with two sales managers (about 30 minutes each). The interview was pretty conversational and mostly focused on my resume/past sales experience, hitting goals, what motivates you, etc. Have lots of questions prepared—they will leave a good chunk of time at the end for you.

Next was the mock sales pitch, you'll be asked to sell Glassdoor—you do not need to demo or go into detail about the products, think big picture! They want to see how you handle objections, that you understand the Glassdoor value prop, and get a general sense of your sales style. This will be awkward but just stay in character (be professional and polite) and stick with it.

Finally, I had an in person interview with two different sales managers, a lot of the same questions but I would be prepared to really sell yourself. A week later I had one more phone call with a manager to wrap things up and received an offer a few days after that.

Throughout the process the recruiters were very clear about the timeline so I was never left waiting or in the dark. The entire process took about three weeks. Overall, the experience was great and the team could not have been more pleasant. Biggest takeaways: Try and relax and keep things conversational, have questions prepared, and feel comfortable talking about why you love sales and why you want a career with Glassdoor.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied via Glassdoor and received a call the next day.

1) 30 min phone screen with awesome recruiter. Very personable, asked about what I do, how my experience relates to the position I applied for, etc.

2) 30 min call with potential hiring manager. More in depth about my role, sales results, quotas and attainment. Why Glassdoor? Why sales? What can I bring to the table? Very friendly and easy going conversation. Felt comfortable from the start!

3) 30 min mock sales presentation over call/shared screen. They give you a prepared slide deck beforehand, and you have to role play as the Glassdoor account executive to HR/Marketing executives of a company (who in reality are three sales managers at Glassdoor assessing your pitch). Be sure to ask the right questions and lots of them at the start! Really probe and dig deep into what the problem areas are for the company you are presenting to. Then be sure to resolve those issues throughout your presentation and at the end reel them in. Close it in some way, be aggressive if they give you an ambiguous answer about next steps.

4) Last step. Three, 30 min back to back interviews on a video conference. Talked with two sales managers and sales director. Don't take this for granted, really show them what you can do for Glassdoor, and how you are unique from all the other candidates out there. This is your chance to shine!

All in all, I had a great experience. I came from a healthcare IT sales background, with no referral, and a remote candidate. They worked with me and were completely transparent the whole time. It truly was a get to know you process and see how you can contribute in a positive way to Glassdoor which is what it should be. The communication and honesty from the recruiter and entire team was so refreshing and helped me be successful!

P.S. I would have put I had a positive experience even if I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Which one of the four sales stages are most important and why? Prospecting, Qualifying, Proposing, and Close   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy (about 5 weeks) and thorough. I had 2 initial phone screens, an on-site visit with the recruiter and 2 managers, a mock presentation over the phone, and then another on-site visit with the director of sales. Despite the length, the overall process was outstanding. Kate was always available to help with each step and answer any questions I had. I was truly impressed with the entire process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Glassdoor?
      2. Why are you looking to leave your current position?
      3. What would your career path look like as an employee of Glassdoor?   Answer Question

Account Executive SMB Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in January 2015.

Interview

Had an initial conversation with a talent warrior who qualified me as a potential candidate. He asked me for my background and why I wanted to work with Glassdoor. After determining I was qualified, he arranged for me to coming into the office to meet with 2 regional sales managers and the overall sales manager. I met with each for 30 minutes where questions ranged from my past experience in sales to why did I want to make a lateral move to a new industry. Overall, fairly comprehensive where they were trying to determine my personality and qualification.

Interview Questions

• I was overqualified for the job from an experience and sales perspective but I was coming from a different industry. Hardest question they asked me was if I was going to get bored at this position.   Answer Question

Account Executive - SMB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

This was definitely one of the more enjoyable interview processes I've been through. The recruiter was quick and responsive, the interview process was well thought-out, and I had visibility into the next steps.

Started with a standard phone screening with the recruiter, followed by two interviews with hiring managers, a presentation to managers, two more interviews with managers, and a final interview with a director of sales.

Interview Questions

• Performance at current employer, types of sales training you've had in the past, and they dig into your sales process. Not a ton of those overused behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Account Executive - SMB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Had an initial call with a recruiter with very high level questions about my resume and past experience, immediately scheduled the second phone interview with my to be manager for the same week.

second call was a much more in depth conversation about what i have accomplished in the past and why i think that i am a good fit for the role, also gave time to answer some questions that I had as well. I heard back a week after the second call to schedule my sales pitch.

sales pitch was selling glassdoor, not looking for product knowledge. looking to see how you can connect their needs with what we can do.

4th and final interview was two in person interviews. Really sell yourself during this step as you are in the home stretch. received an offer the same evening.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.