Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Glassdoor Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Glassdoor does not have any recruiter for hiring software engineers. I applied online directly on their site and got an interview call within 2 weeks of my application. There was an initial phone screen conducted by a senior engineer at glassdoor. The initial phone screen was ok but the engineer liked my problem solving skills and i was called onsite for the interview. I had 3 technical interviews and 1 interview with a product manager. I found the place to be really exciting and people there were really nice. I got an offer the very next day. Meanwhile, I had 3 other offers as well. I really liked glassdoor but I was not sure about commuting since it is 50 miles away from where I stay. After giving a lot of thought about it and after talking to the VP of engineering and the CEO, I was convinced that this is a place where I would have a great learning experience. I decided to relocate and join glassdoor and accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of one million numbers, how will you find the top n numbers from the list in an efficient way   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks. I had 1 initial technical phone screen with the Director of Engineering. Received an email from HR the next day for my availability to schedule an onsite interview. Onsite interview consisted of 7 interview rounds and were very well designed to cover all sections of SDLC eg frameworks, algorithms, system design, database, product etc. The interviewers were very knowledgeable, polite and easy to talk to and also in providing clarification to my questions and hints if required during our brain storming sessions. At the end of each interview session I was given a chance to ask questions which helped me understand a lot about the company culture and teams. HR team was very responsive to my emails and requests and helped me a lot throughout the entire process. They took time to walk me through the entire process before the interview and sent me few guidelines for the interview as well which I think was really helpful. I was able to meet in person with Director of Engineering couple of times to ask few additional questions even before I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• I cannot reveal the actual interview questions since I signed the NDA. But I would suggest brushing up on algorithms, frameworks and SQL queries would definitely help.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process moves very fast. It started with a recruiter call that walks you through the team you are interviewing with, in great details. Then a techinal phone interview is scheduled, mainly using Coderpad to code a question. After passing this round, a manager call with the team manager is scheduled in one week, and then the onsite was very considerate for me, to change to a remote one, since I have an offer already and cannot rush to SF for another week. The questions are well designed and balanced, to check if a candidate has good fundamental about algorithms, real-work coding experience and system design knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm questions (binary tree, hashmap, comparator, etc), general system design problem   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Very bad experience. Contact the recruiter and scheduled for a phone screen.

The interviewer first asked me to talk about the projects I’m doing in current company, which are also listed on my resume. Just after that, he said I am not the right person for the role in his team. Not even ask for coding question.

Are you serious? Everything is on my resume. If I’m not the right person, why do you schedule the interview? And seems that the interviewer not even went through my resume before. It’s just a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

30 Nov 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback about our interview process. We never want to waste the time of our candidates, and have communicated with our team in response to your review. We hope that you will... More

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 minute to hour-long technical interview with an engineering manager. She described the internship's tasks and then asked me a couple technical questions. After that went well, I spoke with the senior engineer who would supervise me during the internship. I came in for an on-site interview that lasted around 2 hours and received an offer the same day. The manager/interviewers I met were very warm and sociable. The company atmosphere was fairly relaxed, which helped alleviate a lot of the stress that can be present during an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a large list of strings (that we are allowed to pre-process), we want to make repeated queries about how many times a particular character appears in all the strings.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer sounds sleepy and tired, every time I finished my talk I need 3 secs to get the response. He finished my interview in about 15 mins and let me ask questions. Anyway, as a company for users to evaluate company and prepare interviews, I expected glassdoor to have a more professional interview.

Update:
    Actually I got the second round interview, maybe my interviewer is just tired, or there is some signal problem.

Another Update:
    The interviewer of second round interview is really nice. And I got the final round interview. But I just have no time to finish it. The overall interview experience is pretty good.

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor in March 2016.

Interview

It was a brief phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes. She started by asking me some basic questions about Glassdoor, then told me about the internship and asked me for relevant experience. After I got through my chatter, she opened it up to questions. I asked a few, but nothing too wild since it was a screening. She told me when she would be in contact with me again.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job? Do you use Glassdoor? Please elaborate on your experience.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in April 2016.

Interview

Prompt in providing feedback, which i appreciated. Honest feedback too. The feedback for me was that I did not sound passionate about social media, which I wish it was more clear

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work on social media and how does it interest you?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in February 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter during job fair at school. Had three interviews. Interviewers asked algorithms and data structure questions. HR people contacted me after the interviews within a week. Everyone was very polite and nice.

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was referred to the position by a current employee at Glassdoor. I sent my resume to the Hiring Manager and had a brief call. I also had a short call with HR. After that I was set up for my first set of in-person interviews. I met with different levels of people from different teams. This took approximately 3 hours. After this process I was asked to create a presentation on myself and why I think I would be a good candidate for the role. I presented to about 8 people. It wasn't too difficult and the attendees ask questions throughout. I will say it is a bit distracting that some are looking at their computers and typing when you are presenting. Lastly, I had to take a "personality test". This is actually a personality test and a bit like the SAT. There is a LOT of math, so give yourself plenty of time to take it. Oh and brush up on your algebra before starting. After this, I actually received an offer fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to help Glassdoor in this role.   1 Answer