Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Glassdoor Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

I came in about 3 times total. Each time I met with my prospective boss and people who were part of my group. My final presentation to the entire team was pretty fun. I applied in November and got an offer in mid-January.

Interview Questions

• What is your problem-solving style?
      How would you handle x, y, z scenarios?
      How does Glassdoor make its revenue?
      Describe a time when you converted a negative situation/client into a positive one.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

While the interview objective was for the purposes of vetting, it was a rapid fire screening with no opportunity to ask questions or participate interactively. The interview was conducted by the CEO who (while pleasant enough), was rushed and impersonal. He would have been better served by having an HR generalist read through questions and capture responses. Disappointing as this type of phone screen doesn't provide for enough input or feedback to reveal skills, cite characteristics and core competencies that would prompt further exploration . . . wasn't a fair assessment.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

recruiter got in touch with a couple of questions related relocation as it was in marin county, visa status. after my reply, he/she did not have the common courtesy you expect from a recruiter to get back regarding the application status. All they did was update the jobvite application status to "not selected". how rude is that, i would have not wanted to work for this company anyways

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

23 Mar 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We value your input and are sorry to hear about your experience of not receiving an email notification following the interview process. We... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn jobs, I got a response from Glassdoor within a couple days. I had an initial phone screen with hiring manager, then onsite interview with 7 people roughly 45min each. Very little interaction with the recruiting team except for comp negotiation and scheduling.

Interview Questions

• Half of the interviewers asked me the same questions, some interviewers seemed unprepared.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

First round was an HR recruiter phone screen, followed by interview with hiring manager, then interview with two directors and the hiring manager again over Skype in one marathon day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The questions were typical interview questions. About my motivation, my greatest achievements in the past, etc.
    The interviewer was engaging and really paid attention through active listening.
    Finally I was not hired, since I was considered to be overqualified.

Interview Questions

• What is the achievement you are most proud of where teamwork was important?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Glassdoor had both a phone interview and technical questions, It helps to network with alumni from your school beforehand so you have something to talk about during the interview. Interview was fairly simple and everyone was enthusiastic about their jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me 10 days later. I did the first interview by phone with her and got a positive response after 19 days, when we scheduled an in office interview. In the office I have been interviewed by two people from the team I will work with. Both have been very polite and showed me the whole office and introduced me to some people.

Interview Questions

• A book that inspired you? A person you would like to have dinner with? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

My experience was extremely poor, but it is hopefully just because of the in-house recruiter I worked with.

She asked for my availability for a phone screen on a Friday. I submitted right away. I heard back from her at 10:30pm on the following Monday, scheduling me for a time on Wednesday. I emailed her right away to let her know that a professional conflict had come up and tried to reschedule. I then emailed her the day of - and she never responded to either email, but called me during my meeting.

I had to miss the call, but she left her number, so I called her back and left a message, then emailed her three different times. She finally responded on Monday to schedule for a time on that Wednesday.

We chatted about my experience, my skills, and my interest in the role, as well as a deeper dive into all that the role entailed. She told me she'd have to wait to discuss my candidacy with the hiring manager the following Monday as the hiring manager was in a sales training until then. She said she'd let me know next steps following that discussion.

I emailed her on that Tuesday, and I have never heard from her.

My main maddening frustration with this is that this is Glassdoor, the company with a foundation of reviews - not just on culture, but on the interview process as well. As a company that situates itself within the employer-employee-job seeker dynamic, this review of a recruiter as a representative of what you should know about Glassdoor is something they literally ask for.

I would generally love to see the interview process become more considerate of the job seeker, active or passive, but based on my experience with Glassdoor, it's not happening here.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in Sales Enablement? This role will support our sales team as we are now in scale mode.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was organized very well and the whole Glassdoor approach was highly professional. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to many people. Group lunch was great. Interviewers clearly explained their roles and what my role is going to be. This is easily the best interview process I ever had in my career.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say about you if contacted?   Answer Question