Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Glassdoor Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

First round was an HR recruiter phone screen, followed by interview with hiring manager, then interview with two directors and the hiring manager again over Skype in one marathon day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The questions were typical interview questions. About my motivation, my greatest achievements in the past, etc.
    The interviewer was engaging and really paid attention through active listening.
    Finally I was not hired, since I was considered to be overqualified.

Interview Questions

• What is the achievement you are most proud of where teamwork was important?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Glassdoor had both a phone interview and technical questions, It helps to network with alumni from your school beforehand so you have something to talk about during the interview. Interview was fairly simple and everyone was enthusiastic about their jobs.

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

My experience was extremely poor, but it is hopefully just because of the in-house recruiter I worked with.

She asked for my availability for a phone screen on a Friday. I submitted right away. I heard back from her at 10:30pm on the following Monday, scheduling me for a time on Wednesday. I emailed her right away to let her know that a professional conflict had come up and tried to reschedule. I then emailed her the day of - and she never responded to either email, but called me during my meeting.

I had to miss the call, but she left her number, so I called her back and left a message, then emailed her three different times. She finally responded on Monday to schedule for a time on that Wednesday.

We chatted about my experience, my skills, and my interest in the role, as well as a deeper dive into all that the role entailed. She told me she'd have to wait to discuss my candidacy with the hiring manager the following Monday as the hiring manager was in a sales training until then. She said she'd let me know next steps following that discussion.

I emailed her on that Tuesday, and I have never heard from her.

My main maddening frustration with this is that this is Glassdoor, the company with a foundation of reviews - not just on culture, but on the interview process as well. As a company that situates itself within the employer-employee-job seeker dynamic, this review of a recruiter as a representative of what you should know about Glassdoor is something they literally ask for.

I would generally love to see the interview process become more considerate of the job seeker, active or passive, but based on my experience with Glassdoor, it's not happening here.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in Sales Enablement? This role will support our sales team as we are now in scale mode.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was organized very well and the whole Glassdoor approach was highly professional. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to many people. Group lunch was great. Interviewers clearly explained their roles and what my role is going to be. This is easily the best interview process I ever had in my career.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say about you if contacted?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Excellent experience overall and the people were great! Felt respected throughout entire process. They really go out of their way to help you and answer any of your questions thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable in a competitive environment? Why sales?
      What does happiness mean to you? (that one threw me off)   1 Answer

received a better offer

Business Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening with HR, then three phone interviews with people on the team, then a home modeling assignment for which I put together a PPT, then in-person final round, during which I met 6 people back-to-back.

My biggest critique is that the entire team is made up of white males from HBS or Stanford GSB. No diverse perspectives. There was no way they could consider a minority female from a lower MBA for their team. The hiring manager actually asked what my rank was in each of my prior role: which means status and rank is everything to him.

Interview Questions

• what do you think of GD's revenue model? where would you take it in the next 3 years?   Answer Question

Glassdoor Response

29 Aug 2017 – VP & GM of Online Business Operations

Thank you for your feedback and for applying to Glassdoor. I’m sorry this didn’t end up being a fit. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to me as I look at how our teams are building out and who is... More

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

3 stages - Initial phone screen / case interview; take-home excel / ppt homework assignment; in-person panel of fit / case interview questions. Met 6 or 7 different people throughout the process, and got a good feel for the culture of the org and the team.

Interview Questions

• Multiple variations of 'Why Glassdoor' and 'Why this role'? Pretty typical, but important to have given some meaningful thought ahead of time.   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized. Most of the interviews were case study interviews and were discussed in an open format with the interviewer. Interviews were scheduled with multiple levels of people within the organization and gave me a great perspective on the team and the culture.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say about you if asked about your performance?   Answer Question

Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen, a phone case about Glassdoor's Jobs Marketplace, an Excel/PowerPoint-heavy take-home case that took ~6 hours to complete, and 4 case-based on-site interviews and a team lunch.

Interview Questions

• Why Glassdoor?   Answer Question
    • When did you face a challenge working cross-functionally across multiple teams at your company? How did you overcome this challenge.   Answer Question

See What Glassdoor Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Sales Development Representative in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros: “- Early stages of growth so an exciting time to be in the company and a lot of potential for growth and progression - Still a small company so you can feel valued and your opinion matters...”“- Early stages of growth so an exciting time to be in the company and a lot of potential for growth and progression - Still a small company so you can feel valued and your opinion matters, even if you're just a new member - Not a typical cold-calling environment - more of a consultative approach to selling which helps you learn a lot more about the product / service from the beginning of your career - A lot of nights out and company social events to enjoy - Relatively young team so there's a lot of energy and the culture is great - Great people to learn off and grow as a sales person - BAMF - Pizza Fridays - Free Snacks, beers, wine, VitHits” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.