Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Glassdoor Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Excellent experience overall and the people were great! Felt respected throughout entire process. They really go out of their way to help you and answer any of your questions thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable in a competitive environment? Why sales?
      What does happiness mean to you? (that one threw me off)   1 Answer

received a better offer

Business Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening with HR, then three phone interviews with people on the team, then a home modeling assignment for which I put together a PPT, then in-person final round, during which I met 6 people back-to-back.

My biggest critique is that the entire team is made up of white males from HBS or Stanford GSB. No diverse perspectives. There was no way they could consider a minority female from a lower MBA for their team. The hiring manager actually asked what my rank was in each of my prior role: which means status and rank is everything to him.

Interview Questions

• what do you think of GD's revenue model? where would you take it in the next 3 years?   Answer Question

Glassdoor Response

29 Aug 2017 – VP & GM of Online Business Operations

Thank you for your feedback and for applying to Glassdoor. I’m sorry this didn’t end up being a fit. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to me as I look at how our teams are building out and who is... More

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

3 stages - Initial phone screen / case interview; take-home excel / ppt homework assignment; in-person panel of fit / case interview questions. Met 6 or 7 different people throughout the process, and got a good feel for the culture of the org and the team.

Interview Questions

• Multiple variations of 'Why Glassdoor' and 'Why this role'? Pretty typical, but important to have given some meaningful thought ahead of time.   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized. Most of the interviews were case study interviews and were discussed in an open format with the interviewer. Interviews were scheduled with multiple levels of people within the organization and gave me a great perspective on the team and the culture.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say about you if asked about your performance?   Answer Question

Business Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

The interview process was long and thorough, and I viewed this as a positive because I was able to get a good idea of how Glassdoor and the BizOps team worked. There was a first round case interview followed by a second round take home case and accompanying presentation, and then a final round with two more cases. The second round take home case was estimated to be 6 hours of work, and I found this to be accurate. All of the interviewers were very professional but also friendly and were happy to share their authentic experiences about working at Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions that preceded the case interviews (Tell me about yourself, why Glassdoor, why BizOps, example of working in a team, etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen, a phone case about Glassdoor's Jobs Marketplace, an Excel/PowerPoint-heavy take-home case that took ~6 hours to complete, and 4 case-based on-site interviews and a team lunch.

Interview Questions

• Why Glassdoor?   Answer Question
    • When did you face a challenge working cross-functionally across multiple teams at your company? How did you overcome this challenge.   Answer Question

Business Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in October 2018.

Interview

I was always their backup candidate which I got to know only after they said we have filled the role and took down the job postings.
    1) phone screen with recruiter
    2) case interview with Senior Manager over phone
    3) homework - case assignment and presentation to Senior Director
    After this, I was told that I have done well and I have cleared the rounds. They said would get back to me in a week on next stages of interview (which would be an on-site interview). A week later I was told that they have chosen the other candidates for the roles. I also found out that the job postings have been taken down. Thank you so much for wasting my time, Glassdoor! Do keep in mind that interviewees spend time and effort in interviewing and in doing case practices. Appalling!

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

12 Nov 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

I want to sincerely apologize for your experience interviewing with our Business Operations team. We take our hiring for this team very seriously, and we interview many candidates for many open roles... More

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, then 2 phone screens with directors on the team (case-based), then a take-home case assignment, then a full day of onsite interviews.

This was one of the more rigorous interview processes I went through during my MBA recruiting process, but it gave me a good understanding of what the day-to-day work would actually involve. Everybody I spoke to seemed both really smart and really passionate about their work, and it was ultimately those conversations that led me to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to manage a project with many cross-functional stakeholders.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in April 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant interview process. After an HR interview, phone call with the hiring manager, and several video interviews with different members of the team, I was not offered the position I interviewed for. However, a week later, I was called back to interview for a position that they thought I would be a better fit for. I then went through a couple more interviews and was offered a new internship position. It demonstrated that Glassdoor puts careful consideration into its interview process and highly values each applicant.

Interview Questions

• Q: What would your previous managers have to say about you?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in April 2015.

Interview

After I submitted my resume through an employee referral, they scheduled a phone interview. The interviewer asked really tough questions and kept throwing questions one after the other. i was asked about 15 questions in 25 minutes and it was exhausting. I did not hear back from her for several weeks in spite of following up with her. It was a frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

See What Glassdoor Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Enterprise Growth in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Pros: “Glassdoor is an impactful tool for a job seeker, and knowing we promote this for employers to embrace is an amazing feeling. We've brought transparency to an industry that needed it...”“Glassdoor is an impactful tool for a job seeker, and knowing we promote this for employers to embrace is an amazing feeling. We've brought transparency to an industry that needed it and we do it in the most fair way we possibly can. Investing millions of dollars into Content moderation and never deleting reviews because we are "asked." The people I work with are smart, gritty, and hardworking. We work long hours, we’re often frustrated, but we have fun. Our managers are strong, our director is fearless. Yes, hours can be really long at times, however we have transitioned in our CS partners to help with some of account management and while not perfect, it's been helpful.” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.