Glassdoor Product Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Glassdoor Product Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

2.8

Product Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Total of three interviews, one with my recruiter and two with the design team. Most positive aspect was the communication. My recruiter set up regular calls to check in with me. The team was friendly and open throughout the entire process. My recruiter was particularly informative and transparent in a time of uncertainty. It made me that much more excited and confident in joining Glassdoor!

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my portfolio projects and past experiences. Some behavioral questions mixed in as well.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

After I submitted the application, I received the email about the first round. The first round is easy, just 15 mins. The recruiter ask some basic question. Also she asked me if I can accept relocation. But finally I got a no- reply rejection.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can get from Glassdoor if you can be one member of Glassdoor.   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I was first contacted by the recruiter after having my friend refer me for the role, and then was forwarded to setup a call with the HR manager quite quickly, and after that was quickly invited to interview onsite for the role. Throughout the entire process, the recruiter was very attentive and constantly checked in on me as well as supported me through asking how was the call with the hiring manager and also keeping me pumped up about the opportunity which was great! I have never been through an interview process that felt so personable and it really helped me ultimately decide to accept the offer to work with the company. As for the onsite, I first met with the recruiting coordinator who showed me to my interview room and helped me setup my laptop to do my presentation via Zoom and give me the schedule for who I would be speaking with that day. I noticed the structure was different from the one that was sent to me beforehand, but I figured things can always change up but don't think it made the experience negative in any way. I then met all the people who would be talking with me that day (hiring manager, PM, engineer, other designers), and presented my work for the first half of the hour. Then, came the whiteboard challenge portion which was unique because the interviewers played roles of stakeholders from one of the few design challenges they allowed me to see prior to the interview day and pick to solve. Afterwards, I had a free lunch with the PM and hiring manager and then had 3 1-on-1's with an engineer and the other 2 designers which were all great conversations. At the very end, I met with the hiring manager one last time who then saw me out and was reached out to by the recruiter a few days later to be given the verbal offer! Overall, the entire process took a little over a month from when I first got referred.

Interview Questions

• If the engineer had a specific constraint given a design, how would you go about resolving that?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The recruiter was extremely helpful throughout the interview process. I had an on-site visit with the product team that consisted of 1:1 interviews, portfolio presentation, and a whiteboard design challenge. Overall, an enjoyable and transparent process.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions - Tell me about a time you when you [x], etc.
      Specific questions related to technology and execution.   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Phone screens with recruiter and product team before an on-site interview. On-site interview included 1:1 with different members of the team and ended with a panel presentation. Recruiter was very helpful during the entire process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.