Glassdoor Sales Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Glassdoor Sales Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.2

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)).

Interview

The initial connection was very fast. Within two days of sending in my resume, I received an email asking for a phone interview.

The phone interview was very comfortable and smooth. The interviewer asked simple questions that allowed you to elaborate on your previous work experience.

One of the best parts of the entire process was after they invited me to interview on-site, the interviewer gave me feedback on my phone interview. This gave me some idea on how to prepare for the on-site interview.

Glassdoor had just transitioned into a new office so I do not want to be a harsh critic, but they were a little unorganized. Prior to me coming in they sent me an email saying I would be interviewing with 4 different members of the Glassdoor team, which allows you to do some research on who you will be speaking with. However, after speaking to the first 3 interviewers I was left in a room for around 10 minutes while they "tracked down" the last interviewer, only to find that he was not available and would not be seeing me.

This was not too upsetting, just seemed a little disrespectful. That being said, the community at Glassdoor has some of the nicest and smartest individuals I have ever met. This made it very difficult to gauge the how the interview went. That is not a criticism, in fact they are one of the few companies that make the interview process comfortable and enjoyable. Even if you do not receive an offer, you will leave the building feeling good.

They said they would be in contact by email. After a week and a follow-up email they sent me an email saying they were going a different direction. Very forward and there was no reason why or why not. I even sent an email asking for feedback so I could improve on my interviewing skills and received no response.
I found this to be a little disrespectful, but of course they are not required to do that.

Interview Questions

• It was an entry-level position, expect to elaborate on your past work experience and how it can translate into this position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

First part is a 30 min phone call with fairly standard questions, no curve balls. Next step is meeting with 3 different sales managers and one other Sales Development Rep. They want to know why you're leaving your last job, why you want to do sales, and whether or not you'd be a cultural fit. The last step, I was asked to make a slide deck and do a 15 min presentation a few days later back at the office in front of the same managers and a handful of the team.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers told me from the beginning that he didn't think I was a good fit and to change his mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary and comp structure is standard for this role. No need to negotiate.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I discovered the position through an Account Executive already employed at Glassdoor. I applied online and sent my resume and cover letter to this employee. Within a few days I received an email asking to schedule a phone conversation. Communication was consistent, prompt and pleasant. The best interview experience I've ever had!

Interview Questions

• How do you like my interview style?   1 Answer
    • What are some common interview questions that you hear?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, negotiation. I used Glassdoor to research the position so I knew what would be offered.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview went well. Asked basic questions and asked to do a run through of my resume. A week later I was scheduled for an onsite interview. The Sales Manager was to be my first interviewer at 1pm. He strolled down to get me around 1:15pm and then proceeded to wander around for another 5 minutes (with myself following), while he sluggishly dragged his feet around the building half-heartedly looking for an open room. After multiple trips back and forth around the office, he finally was able to pick a room, fabulous, good job Sales Manager. We sit down, he looks at me with this slimy smirk and tells me he doesn't have my resume. Great, I'll hand him a nice new shiny one I brought along as extra. He blankly stares at my resume, appearing to care less, so he just throws out the question: why do I want to work in sales? I answer with a story/example/and personal traits that have made me decide to pursue sales. He then asks why I find sales rewarding. I tell him I like helping a customer achieve their goals and that it gives me satisfaction. He then asks WHY I like helping people. I tell him it makes me happy. He then asks WHY it makes me happy. I give him another example of my passion for working with people. He continues to beat this subject to death by AGAIN asking me WHY what makes me happy makes me happy. At that moment I knew this "Sales Manager" was completely unprepared and arrogant beyond belief. No thanks Glassdoor. I do not want to work for a company that has this unprepared, rude employee as your first face for new and excited interviewers.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

2 months before I received phone interview

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I can't speak highly enough of my experience interviewing for the SDR position! My interview process with Glassdoor in Chicago took roughly three weeks. The process began with a phone screen; a very pleasant 15-20 minute discussion with a Sales Development Manager about the role and my background. I was invited to interview with four additional Sales team members via Google Hangout. Each conversation revealed something new and attractive about the position and Glassdoor as a whole. My conversations were very much two-sided and I was given the opportunity to ask plenty of questions. This round of interviews took about two hours. The final round consisted of a 15 minute presentation "selling yourself" to a handful of Sales team members (some of whom I had spoken with previously, a few I had never met). Again, I felt completely comfortable and confident going into the presentation. I was able to let my personality come through while simultaneously demonstrating how I would be a valuable member of the team. The Sales team did a fantastic job of explaining the role and responsibilities as well as the company culture even though I'm sure they were all dealing with the tremendous adjustment and changes associated with the transition to the Chicago office. I appreciate the helpful feedback I received along the way. By the end of the process, I was 100% sold on Glassdoor and I would have accepted my offer if I was able to relocate at this point in my life.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor in March 2015.

Interview

Had a short phone interview to gauge my interest in sales and Glassdoor. Did not receive an offer for a second interview. The interviewer was friendly and answered all of my questions about the position, the sales department and opportunities for growth within the company. I was not called back for another interview but this is likely because I was not very interested in sales and didn't sound too enthuastic about it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position specifically? Why Glassdoor? Why Sales?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

After submitting my resume I got a call two days later about my resume. I had a great phone call with a manager about my past experience, why sales and why Glassdoor. After our half hour conversation she invited me to an interview in Mill Valley for that same week. They do move very fast on interviews which is nice. Going into the interview I did my research on Glassdoor about the interview process, so I felt really prepared going in. Basically all of the interview questions told above are the same ones that I got, just worded differently. I had read above that many people got feedback on their interviews which was also very appreciated. But I got no feedback. They just released me after the interview and said they would let me know if I moved on. I didn't move on and I cannot quiet figure out why. I wish I could get some feedback about what did and did not interest them about my application. But after the email that they are no longer interested in my application, no one will answer my emails. It is unfortunate because from what i have heard, they pride themselves on their work environment of constructive criticism.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

21 Jan 2016 – Manager, Sales Development

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us. First, I'd like to thank you for preparing for the interview; I'm sure that your preparation made a a positive impact on us. I realize that... More

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

First, it began with a phone call with the manager that would be leading the Chicago sales development reps. She was super friendly, and we had a fantastic conversation. It made me that much more excited about the opportunity. Then, I had a Skype call with different members of the team. Each of them asked different questions, and I enjoyed getting to know them, as well as telling them about my experience. Finally, there was a presentation about myself that I gave over Skype to various members of the sales team. There was also a personality/IQ test. The entire process was quick and efficient. The day following the presentation, I was offered the job, and I was ecstatic.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

28 Jan 2016 – Manager, Sales Development

Welcome aboard! We're ecstatic for you to join the team!

Eric Gonzalez
    Associate Director, Sales Development

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the SDR role online and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone screen. Be prepared to take them through your resume and how you found out about Glassdoor. The phone screen was awesome as she took me through her matriculation at Glassdoor which provided great context in terms of room for growth starting at the SDR level. Following the phone screen I was scheduled for an in-person interview which took place at a downtown hotel conference room with the SDR Chicago team-lead and an associate sales manager. They were extremely professional yet laid back and could not have made the process feel more natural. Following the in-person interview I was scheduled for a presentation at the new Chicago Glassdoor office (cool atmosphere). 5 individuals from the sales team attended (varying roles) and I gave an interactive presentation about myself. Following questions, I was told I would promptly receive a follow up. The following Monday (interview was Friday--quick process) I received a call from the SDR team lead in which I was given awesome feedback and an offer. Despite declining the offer, Glassdoor was the most positive process I have been a part of in my career thus far. Everyone is very intelligent, polite, and honest. Overall: ideal experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.