Glassdoor Senior Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated 18 Dec 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 1.0K interviews

Applied online67%
Employee Referral33%
HardAverageEasy

Glassdoor

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor

Interview

I applied online. The recruiter reached out to me a few days later and asked to set up an introductory phone call. I was genuinely interested in the role and the company so was excited to hear back so quickly. The call lasted for about 30 minutes and I couldn't believe the recruiter's tone. I don't think I've ever spoken to someone so condescending in my life, and I'm not exaggerating. It was very bizarre - she acted like I was wasting her time (when she was the one who reached out to me after reviewing my application) and my experience was pretty in line with the job description. A number of very passive aggressive comments were made, I have pretty thick skin and was still appalled. It was all very weird and unfortunate, I was excited about the opportunities with the company but needless to say I lost all interest.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in Glassdoor? Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this role? etc
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in Jun 2019

Interview

Applied online and heard back from the recruiter the next day. Call with the recruiter lasted ~30 minutes, which was followed by a call with the Hiring Manager. They then ask you to lead a renewal presentation with a mock client over Video Conference. They give you a pretty straightforward deck to present Glassdoor's offerings and lock in an upsell. The final stage is an in-person interview with 4 members of the team, lasting around 2.5 hours. Pretty straight forward process and was very impressed with the team overall, other than the recruiter. I received a call almost immediately after my in-person interviews with a verbal offer. I was surprised to hear that there was no room for negotiation and without committing to the offer, the recruiter went back to the team saying I accepted over the phone. I found this to be rather unprofessional but understand that it could have been a miscommunication. The OTE they offered was significantly lower compared to SAM roles in the industry. When I called the recruiter to let her know I accepted another offer, she responded "We knew this is how this call would go, thanks bye" and hung up the phone. Again, found her to be very unprofessional which is too bad given my experience with the actual team.

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe a time when you disagreed with your manager? How did you resolve the disagreement?

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in Feb 2019

Interview

I loved interviewing with Glassdoor and thought the whole process was straightforward and somewhat fun. The interview process started with a 30-minute phone screening with a recruiter, which was very informal and really dived into your skillset, past experiences, and why Glassdoor? Make sure to have a strong answer for why you want to work at the company. I then interviewed with a manager for 30-minutes the also assessed my skills, past experience, success, challenges, etc. He also wanted to know why I wanted to work at the company and continue a path in sales / account management. The third round is a renewal sales pitch to three people — this is the most important interview round.. if you can make it through this, the hardest part is over. It's essential to prep for this stage and it's all about asking the right discovery questions. Do your research, prep early and practice the pitch either to a peer or in the mirror. Don't expect to completely understand the product and what you are pitching, but you must go in confidently and with the right questions. The final round is 4x 30-minute interviews with different people.. mine was with two managers, and two senior account managers. Each of these people are asking different questions to make sure you can handle the role, are a culture fit, etc. It's important to come with your own questions as well. I was hired two days after this final round. I also did all my interviews virtually as I was in NYC, which made the interview process easy and move quickly. Overall, I was interviewing at a bunch of different companies and the whole Glassdoor process was extremely straightforward, positive, and everyone makes you feel super comfortable the whole way through. No one is trying to intimate you or scare you away - they truly want to make sure you're the right fit. Also, piece of advice - the recruiter is a nice resource to use throughout the process and I felt very comfortable reaching out to her for questions.

Interview Questions
  • You seem like a very positive, upbeat person, what is something that rattles you?

Glassdoor

Application

I interviewed at Glassdoor

Interview

Applied and after 2 weeks I was contacted by a recruiter. I’ve always been interested in Glassdoor and found myself in the job market for the first time in a few years. I was actually looking forward to learning more about working at Glassdoor and my experience was very disappointing. The recruiter sent an email asking for available times to speak. I sent a several time blocks over the span of a few days. About 2 weeks went by before she emailed again. She apologized for not responding and asked for additional times to schedule a call. I replied to the email with additional days and times and I didn’t hear back again for additional week or so. She later called and a left a voicemail and I returned her call twice and left messages and never received a response. So this was the chain of events of about 4-6 weeks. I never had an initial phone interview and I lost interest. I still like Glassdoor as a resource but I was really surprised that Glassdoor of all companies would have such issues with recruiting. It’s a bit disappointing because there are probably quite a few strong candidates they are missing because they aren’t being interviewed.

6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2019

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out later that week to set up a call. Next step was a 30 minute call with the hiring manager. The next round I had to conduct a Sales presentation. This was the most time consuming of the steps. They give you a client case and sample deck, and you have to present to them as a Glassdoor employee. Be prepared with lots of discovery questions to ask. This round is very telling of the role as a whole. These will be the type of meetings we have with existing clients. Last step is an onsite interview with a total of 8 people. The entire process felt very natural. The recruiter followed up within 24 hours after every single step.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2018

Interview

Hands down best interviewing experience of any company I’ve interviewed. James, my recruiter that I worked with, was beyond exceptional. He’s one and a million. Consider yourself lucky if he reaches out to you. Very transparent and helpful. 1) Screening Call - 30 min 2) Call with Manager - 30min ( maybe longer) 3) Renewal presentation - 30 min 4) Onsite - 3 hours ( you meet with 4 people)

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you disagreed with your manager ?
  • Say you start day one, how are you going to tackle your accounts?
  • What’s the most recent thing you’ve taught yourself?

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in Dec 2015

Interview

I applied online and soon after had a phone screen with a recruiter and then had to take a personality test online. The test was pretty difficult and took about an hour to complete. The next step was a Skype interview with two current employees. After this I moved to the presentation phase of the process. I had to create a 10 slide deck and present it while conducting a mock sales presentation over the phone. This took some time to prepare but anyone who is used to giving presentations on a regular basis should not have too much difficulty with it. The final step of the interview process was a a face to face session with several members of the management team.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when doing the right thing was also the hard thing?

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

Interview

I initially applied for the Enterprise Account Manager role and was contacted by a recruiter. After a quick conversation with her she felt a better fit would be on the Sr. Account Manager team. I had to take a personality test complete with algebra questions as well. After that test I was brought onsite and interviewed with three managers. Then I did a mock presentation over the phone and through Clearslide. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions
  • Do you like winning or hate losing?

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in Jun 2015

Interview

Process was pretty fluid. Had a phone screen with a recruiter who then set up an in person interview with 3 managers. After that screening, I did a mock call with those 3 managers. About a week later I had an offer on the table. Overall process was about a month from 1st call to hire.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be an Account Manager?

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in May 2014

Interview

The process was 8 weeks overall and consisted of a phone interview, profile test, 3 in-person interviews and a sales pitch. It was the longest interview process I've ever had but well worth the wait. Glassdoor is very thorough in their interview process but not for any surprise...it's a highly-sought company to work for with huge potential. Everyone I met was very excited about the company, their jobs and the culture of Glassdoor! This company seems amazing!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews