Glassdoor Senior Front End Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Glassdoor Senior Front End Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

2.8

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Phone screens with recruiter and then with hiring manager. Technical phone screen with lead engineer. On-site for a day; interviewed by 5 or 6 different engineers and managers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process started with a typical phone screen with the recruiter, after speaking to them, I was asked availability for a phone screen with an engineer. I wasn't given notice that it was going to be a technical interview nor what topics I was going to be quizzed on. Given that, I started the phone screen with the engineer and we quickly dove into a codeshare problem with React.js. I was able to communicate with the engineer and ask some questions about the design. From what I heard during the time, I thought I was doing a satisfactory job. After completing most of the requirements (5/6) easily and to given time before we hit the time limit, I was asked if I had any questions. I asked questions about the culture and the tech stack and was given adequate answers. The interview ended and I thought I did a great job.

I did not get passed on to further interviews and received an email from the recruiter a few days later. I was pretty disappointed considering that I'm a pretty skilled front-end engineer.

I would consider questioning the methods of interviewing if this is how engineers are found. Even if I missed something, I passed the rest of the requirements and heard no complaint from the engineer during the interview. I can understand perfection in interview process, but it seems like it might go too far.

Interview Questions

• Build a React.js component and access an API to display items from that API (pagination and filtering)   Answer Question

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I first applied to Glassdoor via the Glassdoor App itself and was contacted within a couple of days by the recruiter to set up a call.

After talking with the recruiter for about 30 minutes about my recent work and accomplishments she suggested that I might be a better fit on a different team than I originally applied for. After hearing that teams description, I agreed and we set up the next phone interview which would be a technical interview with one of the Front End engineers.

The interview was slightly challenging, but not too difficult, if I remember right, there was a css question about aligning items, and a JavaScript question regarding list item manipulation.

I had stumbled a bit and wasn’t confident on my performance, but to my surprise the interviewer gave me the thumbs up to the next round.

Since I was currently located in San Diego, the second technical interview would be done over the phone as well. This interview was a bit more challenging with JavaScript questions, but I managed to think on my feet quickly and think outloud my thought process as I solved the problems.

After a couple days, the recruiter reached out to me again and said they would love to have me on site for the final barrage of interviews. They flew me out, booked an overnight hotel, gave me Lyft coupon codes, and provided reimbursement for food and necessities.

When I arrived, I met with the recruiter who gave me a tour of their beautiful office in San Francisco, a brief overview of the company, and a schedule of interviews for the day. I then interviewed with the 2 people I had phone interviews with, but this time white boarding front end problems. I also interviewed with a lead engineer who I would be working closely with (white boarding problems with React), as well as a manager and the VP of technology (mostly discussing soft skills, theory, and tech overall). They also provided lunch and snacks / beverages. At the end of the day I was pretty exhausted, but had a great feeling on how everything went.

The recruiter joined me again at the end of the day to recap and told me that my interviews went well and the team would love for me to join. After discussing the offer opportunities and different timelines, I headed back home anxiously awaiting an official offer. Within 2 hours, the recruiter called me to let me know that they were in the process of getting the offer approved by management.

The next day I received a generous offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a major accomplishment you made recently at your current job   1 Answer
    • How do you align 4 boxes within a straight line only using CSS   1 Answer
    • javascript Make every other item in the list swap places with the next item.

Now continue to do this as you dynamically add more items to the list   Answer Question

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

5-hour on-site interview with software engineers, engineering managers, and a product manager. I did not hear back from them afterward with any decision despite them saying that I would hear back within a week.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly surprising or difficult and I can't remember specifics.   1 Answer

Glassdoor Response

29 Aug 2018 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on your interview experience. We strive to ensure all of our candidates hear back from us regarding hiring decisions in a timely manner. I am personally very sorry you were not contacted after your interview. I take this feedback seriously and I will be looking into where and how we missed the mark here.
    -Head of Talent Acquisition

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.