Goldman Sachs Vice President Interview Questions

Updated 5 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 56 of over 6.8K interviews

Employee Referral17%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

It's a very lengthy process. Goldman only hires a person when they get 100% confident that ther person is a perfect fit for the firm. They make every candidate go through multiple rounds to make sure all the interviewers have a positive feedback for candidates before hiring them. In nutshell they only want to hire best of the best from the market.

Interview Questions
  • How do you manage between people management and stakeholder management?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore)

Interview

The interview process with GS was one of the longest I have ever attended. It lasted for a period of 3 months. There were 8 rounds of interview overall and there were too much gap between each round before the recruiter reached back for scheduling further rounds. After about 6 rounds, the recruiter contacted me saying that they had some organizational change and would be considering for an associate level instead of VP level. Finally I received an offer after 3 months.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly about experience, design and role specific questions with one round of coding.

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Standard interview process focused on 1) identifying candidate's ability to clearly articulate themselves; 2) display integrity; 3) answer core competency questions provided to the interviewer; 4) interviewers trying to gauge resiliency and the ability to survive in what can be a difficult, and stressful work pace at times.

Interview Questions
  • detailed in interview process above

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Many rounds of meetings with junior, same level and more senior people. Some difficult technical questions but pedigree and work experience were the focus. There was a genuine interest in the person and my background, it wasn't a cattle call. The people are busy and the they take the interview seriously.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through a difficult problem you encountered at work and how you solved it?

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Series of half hour interviews with team. Screening interview via phone and then initial meeting with manager. Follow up meetings with analysts-MDs. Final interview with group partner. Last interview was quick and mostly a formality.

Interview Questions
  • Describe past experiences working in a team environment. How did you contribute? What was difficult for you?
  • How would your colleagues describe your work style?

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

They outsource their HR function to ADP. ADP associates have no familiarity with the actual business, aren't located in their offices and are disorganized. Had my first screening with them, they had no understanding of what I was saying but rather just wrote down exactly what I said. I was then contacted by another ADP person to schedule the same interview I had already had,. After that was cleared up, I had a phone interview with someone from the business line. After that interview, they dropped off the face of the earth and never responded to follow-ups. The job stayed active for 6-months after that. I was an employee referral (including to the global head of HR) and still couldn't get a response. Hubris is real.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY)

Interview

Beware of GS. I was invited for an in-person interview and the two hiring managers met with me for close to two hours which I considered a good sign. I never heard back after that meeting, at which point it dawned on me that the only reason they wanted to speak with me was to get insight into how one of their main competitors approaches a certain area. They were just looking for competitor information, took copious notes and only asked questions about "How would you handle x, y and z"?

Interview Questions
  • If you were in charge of this area, how would you approach X? Tell us more about the pros and cons you see about Y. You get the picture.

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in Apr 2020

Interview

Pretty technical interview with 5-6 rounds focusing a lot on Coding, Data structures, Algorithm, low and high-level system design and finally hiring manager discussion. The level of questions was advance with a question on DP too. There was 3-4 days of gap between 2 rounds of interview

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore) in Apr 2020

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Strength, weakness, prior role experiences, personality and consistency checks. Multiple levels of face to face and telephonic interviews with variety of levels of hierarchy. Questions test consistency and IQ. Problem handling capabilities. Challenge managing propositions. Real job scenarios and independent thinking ability. HR rounds are more generic. Business managers are more focused to hire the right talent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in Jan 2020

Interview

Code pad test Dynamic programming based question You have collect maximum coins from bottom left of the matrix to top right of the matrix. Check given number is power of 10 or not. Most of the questions are resume based

Interview Questions
  • Design circular Queue, Buy Sell Stock variant, find index of the minimum price
Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 Interviews