Google Community Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Google Community Manager Interview Questions

2.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

This was through a recruiter for a short-term contract so the hourly rate was already worked out and there was no room for negotiation.

My recruiter submitted me and within two weeks a Hangouts interview was set up. It was about 30-40 minutes. The hiring manager was professional, considerate and asked me relevant questions.

I was surprised to get the offer by Hangouts but I took it. Google at the top of my resume helped a lot after the fact, too.

Interview Questions

• How would you make people in the community feel engaged?   22 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

First there was a brief and perfunctory screening by a recruiter. Then a Hangout interview with a team member. The next step would have been an onsite interview, but I never got that far.

During the Hangout interview, we went through a number of preset questions and little tasks and cases that I'm sure every applicant has to answer. I work better when I just get to talk freely about my experiences and interest in the company, and letting the conversation flow organically, rather than fitting a question grid. It definitely would have helped to prepare more answers for "Tell me about a time when you ..."-type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something quirky about you.   7 Answers

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

My interview process was very short. Applied through employee referral and got a phone interview with their HR person the next day, which went swimmingly. A phone interview was scheduled with one of the lead community managers for the following day.

I wanted to know who I specifically would be speaking to, but the recruiter said that she wasn't allowed to tell me a last name. Through Googling of the first name though, I was able to find this person. Unfortunately, this community manager's social media posts were.... not nice. It was full of passive aggressive posts about prospective job hunters and made it sound as if sifting through resumes and conducting interviews was torturous, which was made even clearer when we got on the phone. The questions were pretty standard, like "How do you measure the success of an event?", "How do you leverage the use of different social media platforms?", etc, but it was like talking to a drill sergeant who thought you were dirt. I've had dozens of phone interviews before with companies in various stages and of various sizes and it's not an exaggeration when I say that this was the absolute worst. I tried my best anyhow.

We talked for about 30 minutes. At the end of the call, I was not given the opportunity to ask any of my own questions, and when I tried to, I was told, "Well, I'm going to let you go now. Good luck at your current gig." and was hung up on before I had a chance to ask for this person's contact information. The HR person said that she couldn't give out email addresses, but I was able to guess it through the pattern of my Googlers friends' email addresses.

This experience made me think, "Seriously?!" I was very disappointed because I'm a huge Google fan. Not surprisingly, I received a call from their HR person a couple days later to let me know that they would not be continuing their process with me at this time.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

First you talk to a recruiter, then someone over the phone, then an on-site interview with 3 people. After the interviews, the recruiter contacts you to let you know if you didn't get it and then you are asked to review the whole process via a survey.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a password completeness checker?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2013.

Interview

I apllied for Community Manager role in the middle of October, 13 after I spent a couple of weeks on polishing my CV and cover letter to ensure it would be answered. But it took more than six weeks for them to reply as they contacted me in early December. We had a phone screening (40 minutes long, general questions on education, working experience, etc.). I wasn't ready for an interview at the moment so I most probably looked a bit inconsistent but a recruter was very positive and supportive so I expected at least I would get a chance for a proper interview. Unfortunately three days later they sent me an email and said they wouldn't pursue.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Google in January 2012.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me for this position and I submitted my resume. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and they arranged for a follow-up phone interview with team members. I asked what the following steps were after, and the team member said they weren't sure and would get back to me. I waited two weeks without hearing anything and contacted the recruiter, who told me they hired someone else.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Madrid (Spain)) in April 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview. The interviewer called and make a brief introduction of how the interview was going to be structure. Then she started with the questions, and at the end she explained the next steps regarding the selection process.

Interview Questions

• Give me a brief introduction about you and your currently situation   Answer Question
    • Could you briefly go through your last 3 professional experiences, your main role there, and the reasons of leaving them?   Answer Question
    • Why Google, and why this role?   Answer Question
    • In which of your past experiences would you say you achieve your biggest professional goal, why?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever used an analytical performance in your previous experiences? Explain please   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.