Google Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Google

10,372 Interview Reviews

3.3

AI Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in January 2018.

Interview

Six rounds of phone/tech interviews over a long time period. It seemed a bit scattered and could have been way more efficient. I felt like some of the interviews got repetitive.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

This was through a recruiter for a short-term contract so the hourly rate was already worked out and there was no room for negotiation.

My recruiter submitted me and within two weeks a Hangouts interview was set up. It was about 30-40 minutes. The hiring manager was professional, considerate and asked me relevant questions.

I was surprised to get the offer by Hangouts but I took it. Google at the top of my resume helped a lot after the fact, too.

Interview Questions

• How would you make people in the community feel engaged?   28 Answers

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

My interview process was very short. Applied through employee referral and got a phone interview with their HR person the next day, which went swimmingly. A phone interview was scheduled with one of the lead community managers for the following day.

I wanted to know who I specifically would be speaking to, but the recruiter said that she wasn't allowed to tell me a last name. Through Googling of the first name though, I was able to find this person. Unfortunately, this community manager's social media posts were.... not nice. It was full of passive aggressive posts about prospective job hunters and made it sound as if sifting through resumes and conducting interviews was torturous, which was made even clearer when we got on the phone. The questions were pretty standard, like "How do you measure the success of an event?", "How do you leverage the use of different social media platforms?", etc, but it was like talking to a drill sergeant who thought you were dirt. I've had dozens of phone interviews before with companies in various stages and of various sizes and it's not an exaggeration when I say that this was the absolute worst. I tried my best anyhow.

We talked for about 30 minutes. At the end of the call, I was not given the opportunity to ask any of my own questions, and when I tried to, I was told, "Well, I'm going to let you go now. Good luck at your current gig." and was hung up on before I had a chance to ask for this person's contact information. The HR person said that she couldn't give out email addresses, but I was able to guess it through the pattern of my Googlers friends' email addresses.

This experience made me think, "Seriously?!" I was very disappointed because I'm a huge Google fan. Not surprisingly, I received a call from their HR person a couple days later to let me know that they would not be continuing their process with me at this time.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions   2 Answers

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

First there was a brief and perfunctory screening by a recruiter. Then a Hangout interview with a team member. The next step would have been an onsite interview, but I never got that far.

During the Hangout interview, we went through a number of preset questions and little tasks and cases that I'm sure every applicant has to answer. I work better when I just get to talk freely about my experiences and interest in the company, and letting the conversation flow organically, rather than fitting a question grid. It definitely would have helped to prepare more answers for "Tell me about a time when you ..."-type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something quirky about you.   10 Answers

Community Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Since I was recruited through an agency, I only had one in-person interview. However, I had had a phone interview and an in-person interview with my agency. I went to the office and met directly with the manager for the position. Very upbeat and engaging. She asked difficult questions, but none of them were "gotcha."

Interview Questions

• What communities do you manage?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult customer/user/community member.   2 Answers

Contract Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Online video conference with future manager, he described project and asked about my background and situational questions. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I had skills directly related to the future project so I made sure to talk about those skills/ experiences. I was called within a few hours to notify me that I had got the position.

Interview Questions

• If you were the manager, how would you handle x situation?   2 Answers
    • Are you willing to put in overtime to ensure the team meets deadlines?   1 Answer

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

There are two interviews: a telephone interview and an in-person interview. The in-person interview is straight forward, and involves a problem-solving question related to eDiscovery. This is not the traditional, obnoxious Google interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in "x" situation....   3 Answers

Negotiation

They offered me a job as an hourly contractor. Negotiation was not an option.

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

Straightforward process, with a phone screening with an HR person followed by a group interview with a few members of the legal team. Everyone was cordial and the questions were typical of a process for a legal-oriented role. Great communication throughout the process from all parties, and the time from screening to offer was very quick for such a large company.

Interview Questions

• There was a mock situation prompt with ample time to read and consider the prompt, and then walkthrough your thinking and analysis of the problem.   1 Answer

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

First, HR Screening. Second, HR sent me a Code Sample Challenge and a survey document. Third, they use a week to arrange the technical phone interview. Final, onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• A very simple code challenge in Codility in OA round. They ask me two question during a technical phone interview.   2 Answers

Computer Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online to Google's Computer Science Summer Institute in 2014. Got a technical interview, which was a phone call that lasted about 45 minutes. No code writing, but just talking through basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.