Google Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Google

3.3

Agency Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruitment team, followed by a phone interview with the Agency Sales Head followed by an onsite interview with Group Head and Industry Manager

Interview Questions

• How many people are online right now in the UK   27 Answers

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied with Google employee referral. Was contacted after 2 days with suggestion to schedule phone screening - there was a link to a recruiter's calendar with the nearest free slot in 1 week. I read that they practice to come to interviews with late, that's why I sent reminder to my recruiter after 2 minutes the call had to be started. She was late on 15 minutes nevertheless – so we had only 15 minutes to discuss my experience. Asked behavioral questions – tell me when you faced a situation when… I had a feeling that she was not listing my answers, and just being to me, just was busy with her own affairs.
    At the end of the call she said that will send my CV to hiring team and will come back on the next week. But she came back only when I chased her after the next week. She sent me copy-past answer (the text with different formats) that they decided to proceed with other candidates.

Advice: prepare STAR style answers.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions – tell me when you faced a situation when   4 Answers

Policy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on sight in a two person panel and then one on one via Google hangout. The interview was largely based on personal experience and aptitude and did not have a technological focus.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were asked do something in a foreign jurisdiction that is illegal in your domestic jurisdiction but legal in the foreign jurisdiction.   1 Answer

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Swift online application (no cover letter needed). Phone interview with recruiter; phone interview with team to which you are applying to. Haven't gotten past the next stages yet; they include another phone interview and an on-site interview, as well as an 'analytical' interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to analyse a large amount of data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied at the end of July through a recruitment agency who have connections with Google. I received an email at the end of August inviting me to a group chat where we were told what to expect in the interview. I had my interviews in mid September - there were two 45 minute technical interviews, one of which was done via video conference. They said I'd hear back in around two weeks, and I heard I was unsuccessful 16 days later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked "How would you find the longest substring of a string containing only one character?" this was then expanded to two characters, etc. The second question was "How would you reverse just the vowels in a string?" They then asked what I'd do if the string was too big to fit in memory.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied in November 2013
    HR got in touch in March 2014
    First phone interview in April 2014
    Second in May 2014
    5 On-site interviews in July 2014

HR was super nice.
    One out of the 5 on-site interviewers was super unfriendly (and just came out of the shower w/ wet hair). She presented a graph problem which I considered my speciality. It had one tweak which she explained very badly. I asked her to reexplain the tweak twice. Then I was like "I understood it that way. So I'd do it this way. What do you think?". She then told me to "just implement it". I implemented it very fast. In the meantime, she read my CV. When I concluded, she looked at the code (which was probably 15-20 LoC). She then noticed that the way I handled the tweak was different to what she said. So she was like: "I told you to do it that way. What did you do there?". While I felt a little offended because if she had put a little more effort in explaining it I would have gotten it right away. Her version would have been even easier to implement.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

A classic Google process - two phone interviews, then five 1:1 on-site interviews.

The hiring process is well documented and you know what to expect. A few personal tips :

- Think loud. Brainstorm.
    - Don't overcomplicate your solutions. It's better to have working O(N^2) than buggy O(N log N). You can describe the better solution during the discussion later.
    - If you don't see the solution, try to write down a few examples or corner cases. You can observe the solutions from these.
    - Although it's more than recommended to know a wide range of algorithms or data structures, you'll rarely use these during the actual coding. Arrays, conditions and cycles are usually enough.
    - Practice. TopCoder, CodefForces, HackerRank, Codechef... These are the tasks you should expect.
    - Be positive. You've got nothing to lose.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Scheduled a video interview on Hangout. Simple stuff nothing technical, just want to make sure youre confident and can communicate well. Still waiting for a confirmed date for the next interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what kind of software i was interested in developing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good and enjoyable, except for one interviewer who for some reason couldn't articulate what he wanted me to do. It took about 15 minutes to actually understand what he wanted. And this was not because the question he asked was vague (which is what is to be expected) but because the question he asked was completely different to what he wanted me to do.
    Other than that I really enjoyed the experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

The web tells the truth about the process, it's phone interview (coding) + 5x 45min on site coding interviews. As for on site interviews 4 of them were mostly about coding and 1 was more about design. Be prepared to code on a whiteboard in a real language (not pseudo code).

Interview Questions

• In particular I was given one mathematical puzzle to solve   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.