Google Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA | Glassdoor.com.au

1,908 Interview Reviews

3.5

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

First there was a brief and perfunctory screening by a recruiter. Then a Hangout interview with a team member. The next step would have been an onsite interview, but I never got that far.

During the Hangout interview, we went through a number of preset questions and little tasks and cases that I'm sure every applicant has to answer. I work better when I just get to talk freely about my experiences and interest in the company, and letting the conversation flow organically, rather than fitting a question grid. It definitely would have helped to prepare more answers for "Tell me about a time when you ..."-type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something quirky about you.   7 Answers

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

First you talk to a recruiter, then someone over the phone, then an on-site interview with 3 people. After the interviews, the recruiter contacts you to let you know if you didn't get it and then you are asked to review the whole process via a survey.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a password completeness checker?   1 Answer

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

There are two interviews: a telephone interview and an in-person interview. The in-person interview is straight forward, and involves a problem-solving question related to eDiscovery. This is not the traditional, obnoxious Google interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in "x" situation....   2 Answers

Negotiation

They offered me a job as an hourly contractor. Negotiation was not an option.

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

Straightforward process, with a phone screening with an HR person followed by a group interview with a few members of the legal team. Everyone was cordial and the questions were typical of a process for a legal-oriented role. Great communication throughout the process from all parties, and the time from screening to offer was very quick for such a large company.

Interview Questions

• There was a mock situation prompt with ample time to read and consider the prompt, and then walkthrough your thinking and analysis of the problem.   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Takes 6 interviews, focused on prestige degrees

Interview Questions

• Will go through resume extensively and want to have specifics on past achievements   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviews are ridiculous and do not provide insight into whether a candidate is a good fit or qualified for the position. Interviews are designed to evaluate how you go about solving a problem without an easy solution.

Interview Questions

• Why are manhole covers round?   1 Answer

Negotiation

person to negotiate was conveniently out of town until after I had to submit papers confirming acceptance of offer, so had to accept lower offer if wanted job. Some others mentioned having better luck.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in January 2008.

Interview

They make you take a test on your googleyness - a test to basically check how you will fit into the google culture. You get interviewed by every single member of the team that you will be working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - you take the offer. Its the best place to work!

Patent Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

All morning, four meetings with different people, asking different questions. Much less of the social type questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses, many technical questions and legal questions.

Interview Questions

• Described a process for optimizing (at assembly level ) a loop used in a search algorithm. Asked me what was commercially important to claim and how to write a claim.   1 Answer

Patent Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process. I had 3 phone interviews before being flown out to HQ in Mountain View. Where I spent the entire day meeting with attorneys and engineers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked at one point to draft patent claims on the spot for a fictitious invention.   1 Answer

Patent Docketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed on the phone twice. The first interview consisted of 1 question. The woman who interviewed me was 20 minutes late calling in and then was rude and short on the call. The second interview lasted about an hour. Again, the man interviewing was late calling in and VERY rude and short. The interview was very difficult and they make you feel very stupid.

Interview Questions

• Describe the different ways prosecution of a patent can end.   Answer Question
    • You have 7 balls. One weighs more than the others (not significantly). You have a scale, like the scales of justice. Describe how to find the weighted ball only using the scale twice.   2 Answers
    • What is the patent litigation process.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.