Google Interview Questions in San Bruno, CA | Glassdoor.com.au

Google Interview Questions in San Bruno, CA

Interviews at Google

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Bruno, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

4 rounds technical interviews plus lunch.
    They are very nice and almost agree with you on everything. When your write the code on the board they always say "great", "perfect"... I think this is the trap. They make me less nervous which is great but I also started thinking that the problems are not hard and I can definitely get the job. Here is when things goes wrong.

Interview Questions

• How to protect data when you transfer it online. e.g. You need to submit your username and password from your client to the server and there is people who is listening to the information.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Bruno, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and applied online. I had one 45-minute phone interview and then they flew me up for 4 in-person interviews in a row. The screener helped me through the question for the phone interview, and I ended up getting it. I thought I did well on the 4 in-person interviews, but I didn't end up getting the job. They told me that if I wanted to re-apply in 8-12 months I could skip forward to final round and they would fly me up again.

Interview Questions

• If you had a magazine full of letters to cut out, how could you test if you had the right amount of letters to say a message you wished to convey?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Bruno, CA (US)).

Interview

Initial communication view recruiter. Followed by technical phone screen, then a multi-hour on-site interview. Whole process takes weeks/months. It is very slow moving.

One interviewer did not know how to interview well. Asked the question but when questions were raised, failed to answer the questions and kept talking in circles. Was unable to answer questions due to lack of sufficient explanation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (San Bruno, CA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. online assignment, a simple coding question
    2. phone interview, 2-3 questions
    3. onsite interview, took it in youtube in San Bruno, CA. It took about 5 hours and an information session after that.

Interview Questions

• 1. a simple coding question
      2. 2 coding question, not hard, but you need provide several solutions
      3. 4 rounds, a little hard   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (San Bruno, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied for the youtube job on their website and got a call after a week from their recruiter HR. Initially the HR forwarded me the wrong job profile. The job profile was for team lead and I am a developer. She asked me to study python for interview. Few days later, the other HR mailed me confirming the date for phone interview. This time she forwarded the correct job profile.

The interviewer called after 10 mins of scheduled time. Intially she mistook me for some other candidate. There was no formal introduction or description of the role or project. She seemed busy and she directly asked me if I am willing to work on php or python and Mysql.

And then she proceeded with questions.

Interview Questions

• How will you assign ACLs to users or groups? Theoritical discussion no code required.   Answer Question
    • Which is the toughest SQL code you have ever coded?   Answer Question
    • Convert a one dimesional array of Strings containing [a,b,c, d,e ...z] to 2 dimensional array of a2[aa,bb,cc]   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for google?   Answer Question
    • How would you calculate the number of gas stations needed in the US?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Bruno, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Recruiter from youtube reached out to me director, so I started the process. I am a new grad, and I asked to waive the phone interview and start to onsite directly. I did four technical interviews. Each round has only one algorithm question. After two weeks, I received the oral offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Bruno, CA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied Online . and got a call from recruiter the very next day.
    She was very good she spoke about my resume , skillset and willing to locate to SanBruno ,CA . They sent a detailed list of things to be prepared for interview.(It looked like my data structure syllabus ) .

Interview Questions

• 1.How to find the nearest parent of any two nodes in a given tree. Tree has mother and father nodes.   4 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Bruno, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was enjoyable. Not sure how exactly they score you or what criteria exactly the interviewers look for. Overall, all the employees I met seemed really passionate about staying up-to-date with all the latest languages/technologies.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Bruno, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

I felt the recruiting/HR process was messy and my recruiter didn't communicate with me very well. I tried to ask questions along the way to help me prepare, but her responses were short and unprofessional. The phone interview was pretty average and lasted for maybe 30 minutes. I heard back within a few days to schedule an onsite interview with 3-4 people. I ended up only having 2 onsite interviews since the third person was on a vacation. My recruiter was a no show, so someone else helped me out. The technical interview felt off topic for the position and didn't go well. Overall, the process made me like Google less and I wonder how a company this big can have such a flawed process. After my messy onsite day, I was assigned a new recruiter who was very helpful, so I guess it was just bad luck! Since I like Google and the products, I'd apply again!

Legal Assistant/Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (San Bruno, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email from recruiter aprox. 2 weeks later. Then a week later I chatted with her. I moved forward in the process and interviewed with one of the team members. We had a video call that was an hour long. Then 2 to 3 weeks later I got scheduled to interview on site, which consisted of: three in-person interviews and one video chat. They took aprox. 2 weeks to get back to me.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.