Google Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Google

3,424 Interview Reviews

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google in February 2020.

Interview

45 minute Phone Interview - Solve a programming problem on a google doc. If you pass this phase then you have to do a full day of interviews, but I did not make it that far.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to solve a bit manipulation algorithm. NDA, so I cant disclose the details   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

it was an online test, a phone interview, and an onsite. Process is lengthy, but reasonable. Its a good idea to study as the questions were difficult. Make sure to understand what the interviewers are asking.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied to the Software Engineer, Software Engineer - Infrastructure, and Software Engineer - Machine Learning positions. Had a decent resume including a referral and was rejected from all three positions within 3 days

Software Developer Interview

Interview

This was a phone call after being contacted over LinkedIn. We found a time and the recruiter called me on my cellular phone. It was mid day and she called exactly on time.

Interview Questions

• Rank the latencies of 10 technologies from highest to lowest.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google in January 2020.

Interview

Phone screen with two different engineers an hour each. They both asked two questions. The first interviewer asked one programming question and then added onto different versions of the question. The second interviewer asked about testing and what type of tests would I write to check standard inputs in a given function. The second question was with the traversing of a LinkedList.

Interview Questions

• 1. A basic data structures question with hashmaps/hashtables
      2. Traversing LinkedList   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Very good, Gave all the material and support needed to prepare for an interview. The coding question was not difficult, the phone screening interviewer made me feel comfortable with the question and also assisted with problem.

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I applied online. The whole process took about two weeks. I had two phone interviews but unfortunately, I was not offered a position. The phone interviews were somewhat casual and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Sunnyvale, CA (US)).

Interview

Tech Screen, Phone Screen, onsite. It was smooth and easy. You have to write code in google docs during the phone screen. The onsite is easy, they work with you to get the best flights, and give you a rental car.

Interview Questions

• Create Linked list from a inorder tree traversal   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

It was just the normal process, straight forward -- I submit my availability and interview was on . a shared google doc. I just had hard time understanding the accent of my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Question was about Dynamic programming on shared google doc   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The recruiters were really nice and so were interviewers. Everyone was welcoming, encouraging, and kind. Solving the problems during the interview on site was actually quite fun. Positive experience, however it felt like a long drawn out timeline to the time of decision from originally applying.