Google Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Google

3,492 Interview Reviews

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in May 2020.

Interview

1 Phone interview
5 interviews on site (4 coding and 1 behavior....I was not asked a system design)

Negative experience because 1 of the interviewers could not speak english so it was hard to communicate with.

Another interviewer I did not understand the question and he started laughing at me when I was asking him questions. It was my last fifth interview he should have been more patient explaining the problem for me.

In general, interviewers were disrespectful to the candidate.

In addition, Google only give 45 minutes interview instead of 1 hour. So, if you have not seen the question or seen similar question it's impossible to understand.
Therefore, it's more about how many problems you practiced more than how good engineer you are. That's why I got offers from all the companies I interviewed with except google.

Interview Questions

• I can not due to NDA
    But 2 dynamic programming questions and two graph questions   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google in May 2020.

Interview

Horrible as the recruiter was the most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with. She started as someone who cares in the first call and then she went MIA. She did not return my calls or my emails. Then 2 weeks later she decides to setup an interview the next day!!After the interview, it has been 3 weeks and she has not replied 5 follow up emails and 2 calls. At this point, I pretty much know the result, but her unprofessionalism has led me to believe that maybe I don't even want to be a part of Google. How did such a person become a recruiter. She doesn't have the common courtesy to reply to an email.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountainview, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Mountainview, VA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

skip phone interviews, directly into virtual onsite. Recruiter came to me via LinkedIn, and had a quick talk and asked me to choose a field, like Android, GCloud... and then scheduled the virtual onsite.

Interview Questions

• 1. you have a list of paired ambigram letter, like a<->e, b<->q, i<->I, y<->h, h<->h, m<->w …
      Given a word, return true if it's a ambigram, like swims(true), pod(true)
          2. given a matrix, return minimum cost from [0,0] to [n - 1, m - 1], for each point you can move 4 directions(up, down, left, right) and if the value of two adjacent is same, cost is 0, otherwise cost is 1.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

It was difficult, five rounds, all technical, very friendly, had lunch on site, had several recruiters help me through the process and very friendly, all were very friendly and kind to me throughout the entire process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

2 phone interview with online coding. a document link for edit the code, no compiler and do not need compile, just make you idea right and the code logic right.

Interview Questions

• give your a tree root, to find the same value in same layer   5 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google in April 2020.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a month later. Then I scheduled phone interview with them. They asked me algorithm questions; string manipulation and tree problems. After that, I hear from hr saying that they are not moving forward.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

First I got an email from the recruiter requesting I complete additional information. Then the first round was a coding interview. The interview was comprised of two questions the first was more like leetcode easy and the second was leetcode medium. The second round I got to two questions from two SWEs both were difficult though couldn't come up with a working solution within the timeframe.

Interview Questions

• The first was about how to efficiently distribute task to computers on a cluster so that all tasks complete in the shortest time. You are given the difficulty value of each task and also the computation powers of each computer in the cluster.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email after not getting any response from multiple applications to Google years before. After a brief phone call with the recruiter, I took several months to practice for the interview process and was passed to another recruiter. The first interview was a phone interview with an engineer. It went well and was low-stress. I got to advance to the next round, which was the onsite process. My recruiter offered to set up a mock interview with an engineer, which I appreciated. It was a phone interview, and that went as well as the previous phone interview. After a couple more weeks of studying, I did the onsite, which consisted of five interviews, four technical and one behavioral. As the day progressed, the technical interviews got harder, which was probably a coincidence but also maybe by design. The behavioral interview was fine and just the standard questions. I got feedback that I was able to move on to the next round, team matching, surprisingly quickly, essentially the next day. The team match process was cool in that I got to learn about a lot of teams at Google. Fortunately, I matched with a team and was hired. Overall, the process was smooth and less stressful than other processes that I have been through. The recruiters I worked with were really great, and everyone I interacted with was nice.

Interview Questions

• I practiced everyday using Leetcode and a lot with Cracking the Coding Interview, and, to a lesser extent, Programming Interviews Exposed (all for free), which were all immensely helpful. None of the questions I was asked were directly pulled from any of these resources (except the mock interview questions), and I wouldn't say any of the questions I was asked were super similar to anything I came across while using these resources. This is all to say I would focus on concepts, like graph traversal and sorting, more than solving the Google questions in Leetcode, which is still good practice.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I had an on-site interview at Google. There were 4 rounds excluding a casual lunch interview that was not scored. Each round consisted of 45 minutes of coding and 5 minutes of QA.

Interview Questions

• Some breath first search problem   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

You will first receive an online assessment and if you pass it, you will have a phone screen interview. After you pass the phone screen, you need to go to an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Giving you an array, you need to find the subarray which the sum is maximum   1 Answer