HOYTS Cinema Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

HOYTS Cinema Attendant Interview Questions

Interviews at HOYTS

2.2

Cinema Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simsbury, CT (US)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HOYTS (Simsbury, CT (US)) in August 2007.

Interview

sat with the manager and was asked a few questions. The questions were a breeze.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HOYTS

Cinema Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOYTS (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in April 2017.

Interview

We did a group interview, where we were asked various questions such as what was our favorite movie and played charades to see how well we could get along with our team

Interview Questions

• If a baby was crying in the middle of the cinema what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Melbourne) in March 2016.

Interview

Started with a group interview with about 6 of us, had to role play different transactions and then recreate a LEGO model as a group. Then some of us were selected for individual interview.

Cinema Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOYTS.

Interview

First there was a group interview of about 5 people, there were probably 4 or 5 of these sessions conducted. In the group we had to make up scenarios then role-play them in pairs, taking turns being the patron or the cinema attendant. They were looking for knowledge of issues you may encounter while working there - for instance, patrons complaining of dirty seats, or prices of food, or lost tickets, the list goes on. Obviously how you dealt with them was important, but it was obvious who had prepared for the interview by the scenarios they had presented, and as long as how you dealt with them was reasonable - as they provide you with the necessary training - you were fine. In the group interview we also had to build a Lego crocodile as a team, to assess how we worked with others, who was being "carried" so to speak and who was a leader. It's best to show initiative and cooperation in these tasks. Then you are called for a one-on-one interview, which is more about your previous job experience, or how you would deal with certain situations based on prior experience in school, volunteering, sports teams etc. The interviewers also give you a list of tasks that would typically have to be done in a shift, eg serving patrons, cleaning or stocking, and ask you to rank them in the order you would do them (or from most to least important). The panel consisted of three people in the group and individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• Order of tasks I would do and why   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straightforward contract, no negotiation was possible.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.