HOYTS Crew Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

HOYTS Crew Member Interview Questions

Interviews at HOYTS

2.8

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS.

Interview

I got invited to an interview at HOYTS Carousel not too long ago. I waited outside for 20 minutes after the scheduled time for the group interview because the interviewer was so so late. Everyone else being interviewed was around 20 and I was 15. Due to the age gap I felt extremely uncomfortable so I quickly told a member of staff my situation and apologised and left. What could’ve been? I have no idea.

Other Interview Reviews for HOYTS

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HOYTS (Perth, Western Australia) in September 2018.

Interview

We were split up into groups, tasked with 3 activities to do as a group. Once we had finished we were called one by one for one on one interviews. The one on one interview was questions already answered in the online application.

Interview Questions

• The first activity: Customer Cuts into line and just wants to order food   1 Answer
    • Second Activity: 9 people have crashed on a boat, you can only save six. Who?   1 Answer
    • Third Activity: Draw Toast ( yep that's it)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Melbourne) in May 2018.

Interview

The process took about 1.5 months. I submitted a video interview and got a call about 5 days before the interview asking me to come along to a group interview. The group interview setting was with 4 tables seating 9-10 people. The first thing they ask you to do is introduce yourself, tell everyone a fun fact about yourself and then disclose what the last film it was that you watched and where.

You’re then asked to play a game call Survivor which requires you and your group to pick 4 items you’d take with you if your ship was sinking and you were left deserted on an island. When you and your group are done selecting your items you nominate 2 people from the group to present your decision to the 4 table groups.

The next activity is being given a group of movie goers i.e seniors, families, date nights. You are to come up with things that might make these groups of people happier and appreciated when going to see a movie like offering to direct them to their seats or making sure they know about the rewards program. Make sure to voice your ideas during this activity because they are looking for people who really know what their customers want.

Once both activities have been completed you are given a very small break just to stretch out and go to the toilet.

Once the break is over you sit back at your table and wait for your name to be called for a brief one-on-one interview with the manager that observed your table. Once that is done you are free to leave.

Dress smart casual, most people wore jeans and a dress shirt while others dressed a little more sophisticated. My advice is to speak up but don’t interrupt people. Come up with ideas but don’t sell other people’s ideas short and just make sure you try to interact with everyone at your table or the entire group of people because you are being watched and they want people that will get along with all their employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Melbourne).

Interview

It was a large group interview, with different stores. We were put into groups and watched a short ad on the new movies. We then played some games before moving onto one on one interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Brisbane) in June 2016.

Interview

One of the hosts emailed two weeks for the interview informing me that i was in. a group interview was held and we just did a few group activities such as figuring out customer scenarios. we were let out for a break, and the group was separated into who they were considering and who they did not want. those that were considered went through 10 min individual interviews with different managers. one of the managers then called everyone and told them whether they were accepted into the second round of interviews with the location manager. then after that second interview, the manager called to tell me i got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do something you did not want to do.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your biggest achievement   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HOYTS (Sydney) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was not particularly changing. They asked a lot of generic questions you would expect to hear. However, they did make me wait 40 minutes after the time we had agreed to meet with, as the person who co-ordinated the interview was VERY unorganised.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Melbourne) in February 2014.

Interview

Quite easy process. You will need a good cover letter and resume. And then maybe after a few weeks depending on when they are hiring they will either invite you to a group and one-to-one interview.
    There is a maths test, group team work activity, role play and if you have successfully passed those rounds you will be invited to a second round of interviews (one to one)

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HOYTS (Melbourne) in November 2012.

Interview

There were 3 parts to the interview process - it was a group interview of around 60 people.
    The first part was a very basic maths quiz with ten questions. Then we had to talk to the person next to us and find three interesting facts to introduce them to the rest of the group. We were later split up into smaller groups of around 5 people, where the managers asked typical interview questions within the group, and each small group had to do a short roleplay of a movie.
    After this group interview process, on the same day, the managers handed out pieces of paper to each person and on it would tell you that you were either unsuccessful or successful, in which there was a time for a 2-on-1 interview later that day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer came with a complaint about a group of children?   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.