HOYTS Frontline Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

HOYTS Frontline Crew Interview Questions

Interviews at HOYTS

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HOYTS (Melbourne) in March 2018.

Interview

Applications are first completed online. Unfortunately, the application website is manned by an automated system, so there is a possibility you may be rejected based on hours provided/form answers etc. If successful, a manager from the selected cinema will call you and ask to conduct a phone interview.

If you have a successful phone interview, you will be invited to a Recruitment Day where group activities and speed interviews are conducted. You are placed in small groups at individual tables (depending on the number of applicants, there may be more or less). Those invited consisted of various applicants from multiple cinemas.

You are encouraged to speak to other applicants at your table as they pay attention to whom is making contribution and who is not. A manager is appointed at each table to monitor and take notes on your activity and contribution.

After introducing yourself to your group members, group activities will shortly begin. These tasks include:

Survivor - typical problem-solving scenario where you and your group must decide which four items you will take with you when disembarking from your yacht. [You are given laminated strips of paper with each item listed on it.]

Customer service - the gist of the group activity where you will find managers paying extra close attention to your contribution. Each group is given a type of customer e.g. friends, seniors, families, date night (couples) and asked how you would enhance the Hoyts experience for the group of customers at the box office, candy bar and floor

A break may follow after for a few minutes prior to speed interviews. While applicants wait and chat quietly, managers call out each applicant individually. Speed interviews are conducted swiftly (hence its' name) and ask about your previous experience and availability. (As I had previously worked at a cinema, I was asked to give an insight on my experience there, in addition to being asked how I would apply such experience from a smaller cinema to a larger franchise.)

Your application status will be informed within the following week. You may leave afterward.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply your previous experience working at a cinema to a larger environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HOYTS

Frontline Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HOYTS.

Interview

Had to record and submit a 1 minute video where i described my favourite popcorn flavour (i know for other times it was something like fav movie). Then after that was invited for a group interview where we did a few activities such as: working as a team to line up cards in the order people experience movie theatres and we had to each say something we would improve in general about cinemas. After, we talked individually to two managers who basically asked us why we want the job then just other stuff like availability, planned leave etc.

Frontline Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOYTS in October 2017.

Interview

Video where you are given a list of questions to answer, which is then sent into management. Then a 1:1 interview onsite, where they ask you normal interview questions.
    1. When is a time you have handled conflict
    2. Tell me about yourself

Anonymous Employee in Chadstone

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Chadstone) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. One on one with the manager. Few hard questions but mostly simple questions. They emphasise on customer service, and that they are one of the most renowned cinema in the world/country.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Hill, Victoria

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Forest Hill, Victoria) in September 2016.

Interview

First, there was a group interview. 20+ of us were divided into 3. First, a personality test is done which determines what kind of bird you are. An eagle, peacock, owl, or dove. Each bird has different personalities but it doesn't matter what you get. After the personality test, you introduce yourself to everyone in the group interview, then, we move on to a scenario kind of test which determines how well you work in a team. You discuss customer care and how well you can serve customers better with your group, then after that, it's the one on one interview which doesn't take too long.
    TIPS
    You really have to be confident and always smile. Keep a loud voice. Engage in conversations in your group, and rehearse what you will say for your one on one interview because they'll most likely first ask who you are and what you do.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.