HOYTS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at HOYTS

2.4

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Sydney) in March 2018.

Interview

I did a phone interview and then a face to face interview with 2 people in my future team. I also gave a presentation on how i would approach the key duties in my role.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to ask management before implementing a procedure?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Melbourne).

Interview

It was a large group interview, with different stores. We were put into groups and watched a short ad on the new movies. We then played some games before moving onto one on one interviews.

Frontline Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOYTS in October 2017.

Interview

Video where you are given a list of questions to answer, which is then sent into management. Then a 1:1 interview onsite, where they ask you normal interview questions.
    1. When is a time you have handled conflict
    2. Tell me about yourself

Cinema Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOYTS (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in April 2017.

Interview

We did a group interview, where we were asked various questions such as what was our favorite movie and played charades to see how well we could get along with our team

Interview Questions

• If a baby was crying in the middle of the cinema what would you do?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HOYTS (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in April 2017.

Interview

We had a group interview then one on one interview, the managers were hard to read but it was an easy interview and they were friendly, helpful and they asked interesting questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words   1 Answer

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HOYTS (Sydney) in March 2017.

Interview

A few rounds of face to face meeting. Overall a good experience but felt they weren't too interested in the interview process. Was really interested in the position, but found it hard to connect with the people conducting the interview. Lots of questions regarding experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past working experiences.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chadstone

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Chadstone) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. One on one with the manager. Few hard questions but mostly simple questions. They emphasise on customer service, and that they are one of the most renowned cinema in the world/country.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Hill, Victoria

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Forest Hill, Victoria) in September 2016.

Interview

First, there was a group interview. 20+ of us were divided into 3. First, a personality test is done which determines what kind of bird you are. An eagle, peacock, owl, or dove. Each bird has different personalities but it doesn't matter what you get. After the personality test, you introduce yourself to everyone in the group interview, then, we move on to a scenario kind of test which determines how well you work in a team. You discuss customer care and how well you can serve customers better with your group, then after that, it's the one on one interview which doesn't take too long.
    TIPS
    You really have to be confident and always smile. Keep a loud voice. Engage in conversations in your group, and rehearse what you will say for your one on one interview because they'll most likely first ask who you are and what you do.

Front of House Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HOYTS in September 2016.

Interview

Had to complete an online application and also post a 2 minute video selling popcorn.
    Then called into a group interview that was 2 hours with three tables of 6 people.
    At the group interview we did a personality quiz that highlighted the type of bird we were and then had to introduce ourselves saying our name, the bird we got, and a cool fact.
    After we got pictures of various things you see at the cinema and we have to put it in a unique order and present to the rest of the group.
    Then we had 1/1 interviews which were good and they basically went through your resume and just asked some simple customer service questions.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Brisbane) in June 2016.

Interview

One of the hosts emailed two weeks for the interview informing me that i was in. a group interview was held and we just did a few group activities such as figuring out customer scenarios. we were let out for a break, and the group was separated into who they were considering and who they did not want. those that were considered went through 10 min individual interviews with different managers. one of the managers then called everyone and told them whether they were accepted into the second round of interviews with the location manager. then after that second interview, the manager called to tell me i got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do something you did not want to do.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your biggest achievement   Answer Question