HOYTS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at HOYTS

2.4

Frontline Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Melbourne) in May 2016.

Interview

A mass group interview with activities including brainstorming in clusters and a personality test relating a bird archetype to your work ethic. HOYTS concluded the session with speed interviews last only a couple of minutes.

Cinema Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Melbourne) in March 2016.

Interview

Started with a group interview with about 6 of us, had to role play different transactions and then recreate a LEGO model as a group. Then some of us were selected for individual interview.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HOYTS (Sydney) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was not particularly changing. They asked a lot of generic questions you would expect to hear. However, they did make me wait 40 minutes after the time we had agreed to meet with, as the person who co-ordinated the interview was VERY unorganised.

Casual Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOYTS in January 2016.

Interview

Group interview (one of two different groups) each group about 60 people in it. We got sorted into groups we sat at a table with. Played a couple of scenario games like if we were trapped on a desert island what items would we keep? And how to tailor a certain customers experience at Hoyts (for example by group got "date night") we also had to individually answer a questionnaire.

Lux Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatswood

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HOYTS (Chatswood) in November 2015.

Interview

Very casual. Just told them my availability, what I was doing at uni, and answered what I was comfortable doing in the hospitality sense. They were desperate for people so I got hired on the spot and had an orientation the next day. My only complaint is that they indicated my pay would be higher and then it ended up being less than implied... Overall, it was what I expected. Met with just one of the managers.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with handling customer complaints?   1 Answer

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parkville

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOYTS (Parkville) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called up for the interview at parkville mercy nursing home with police report and resume and my previous work experience refferences. Interview was held for half and an hour and they ask about my previous work experience, about customer service and about team work. They were very happy with my answer and they ask me to work in one of their site.

Cinema Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOYTS.

Interview

First there was a group interview of about 5 people, there were probably 4 or 5 of these sessions conducted. In the group we had to make up scenarios then role-play them in pairs, taking turns being the patron or the cinema attendant. They were looking for knowledge of issues you may encounter while working there - for instance, patrons complaining of dirty seats, or prices of food, or lost tickets, the list goes on. Obviously how you dealt with them was important, but it was obvious who had prepared for the interview by the scenarios they had presented, and as long as how you dealt with them was reasonable - as they provide you with the necessary training - you were fine. In the group interview we also had to build a Lego crocodile as a team, to assess how we worked with others, who was being "carried" so to speak and who was a leader. It's best to show initiative and cooperation in these tasks. Then you are called for a one-on-one interview, which is more about your previous job experience, or how you would deal with certain situations based on prior experience in school, volunteering, sports teams etc. The interviewers also give you a list of tasks that would typically have to be done in a shift, eg serving patrons, cleaning or stocking, and ask you to rank them in the order you would do them (or from most to least important). The panel consisted of three people in the group and individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• Order of tasks I would do and why   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straightforward contract, no negotiation was possible.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Melbourne) in February 2014.

Interview

Quite easy process. You will need a good cover letter and resume. And then maybe after a few weeks depending on when they are hiring they will either invite you to a group and one-to-one interview.
    There is a maths test, group team work activity, role play and if you have successfully passed those rounds you will be invited to a second round of interviews (one to one)

Casual Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HOYTS.

Interview

I filled out an application and applied onsite. A week later I received a phone call from one of the Duty Managers asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was about half an hour. That afternoon I received another phone call telling me that I had been successful.

Casual Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Melbourne) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and 2 week later received a phone call to come in for an interview.

The process was separated into 3 stages:
    1) General maths test
    2) Group interview of up to 10 with activities and scenarios
    3) A number of candidates were then selected from stage 2 for a face-to-face interview with 2-3 managers

The questions were not difficult and I received a letter about a week later informing the application result.

Interview Questions

• "One team committed to entertainment excellence", what does this mean to you?   Answer Question