HelloWorld Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

HelloWorld Interview Questions

Interviews at HelloWorld

2.9

Data Science Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HelloWorld (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

Very Good. Was anticipating an offer but position got cancelled because of COVID 19. Hoping on getting a full-time position here. I don't know what else to write? How do you expect a 30 words from a student who is applying for the first time?

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HelloWorld (Southfield, MI (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The process starts with a take-home task of sorts. The task involves something relatively simple, but does require setting up the frontend, backend, and a database, as well as having all of this hosted yourself. To this end, the emphasis was on fullstack skills. I personally think this was a bit too much, and a template that challenged the interviewee to "fill in" or add to said template would have achieved the same thing.

If accepted, you will move to the in-person interview stage, which will start with a tour of the building, followed by a couple of in-person interviews. They were both technical in nature, and again focused on the entire stack. The questions were not terribly difficult, with on one question that I struggled with.

The only downside is that even after an onsite interview, I was not contacted whatsoever, even just to give a notification that I was not selected. Even under the most relaxed business etiquette, I feel that this was extremely unprofessional, and stops me from considering working there, though the company itself seems to be worth consideration otherwise.

Interview Questions

• How would you divide two numbers without using the division operator?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HelloWorld in March 2019.

Interview

I had an employee referral. I was contacted by the corporate recruiter and filled out a questionnaire. My responses were well received. I then had a call with a Director. That went well. I was invited in to tour the office, meet with 7 people and take a writing assessment. I was also asked to fill in a formal application. I thought it went well. It seemed like a great place to work but I did not get an offer.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HelloWorld (Southfield, MI (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

4 step process.

Step 1: phone screen with HR/Talent team. Basic personality questions/do you mean basic qualifications.

Step 2: complete a code assessment using the language of your choice

Step 3: in-person technical interview. Two people interviewing you, most likely team leads a part of the project you are being interviewed for. Reviewing your resume/experiences. A few white board questions, 2-4 questions depending on how much time is spent on each one.

Step 4: second in-person technical interview. Two people who are senior level/associate director level of engineering. Basically same as first in-person but different whiteboard questions.

If all goes well, you should recieve an offer. Took about 3 weeks total process. No option for start date, and due to merge with Merkle Company, all start dates begin on a Monday.

Interview Questions

• Write a method that divides two numbers without using divison or modulus operators.   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with Agile process?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HelloWorld (Southfield, MI (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was great! They asked some behavioral questions and experience from the past work experience. The team leads who interviewed me were very cool ! Very organized.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a mistake at work in your previous job?   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HelloWorld (Troy, MI (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview followed by two in-person interviews with possible members/directors/senior producers that you would be working for.

Received an offer 2-3 weeks after my final interview.

The questions over the phone pertain to your skill level, culture you’re looking for and making an impression on the recruiter.

In-person, the questions are usually the same for both interviews, but mostly “how would you handle this” situations. The second interview (final) was a little more personal with questions relating to my long and short term goals, etc. after the first interview, you’ll take a written test about client relations/communication to a client. It’s easy, don’t worry! As long as you can write and apply logic, you’re going to be okay!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HelloWorld in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and pleasant. Everyone at the company is very friendly. Be prepared to speak towards previous work experience and desired career path. All in all great interview experience!

Senior Interface Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HelloWorld (Southfield, MI (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was nervous going in, but the interviewers were kind and positive. They approached the interview with good questions about my background before diving into an on-site programming test. Programming in front of people is usually pretty uncomfortable, however it went very smoothly and they were a lot of fun to chat with.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach a situation where you don't know the answer?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HelloWorld in March 2016.

Interview

There were tables for each different position set up around the room. You just walked up and talked to whoever you felt like talking to. It was incredibly laid back and everyone was extremely friendly. Not an intimidating experience whatsoever.

Associate Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HelloWorld in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, 2nd interview with team leads, 3rd and final interview with directors. Very laid back and casual. They give you a tour of the office on the 2nd interview before they sit you down with the team leads.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick any brand in the world to work with, what would it be?   Answer Question
    • How did you stay organized at your previous position?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.