Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Hilton Interview Questions

Updated 25 May 2018

2.7

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview that was short an easy with details on the job. After that I had another interview at the Hilton to interview. After the interview, I wasn't told if I would get a call or email to follow up with me. I didn't find out I didn't get hired, till' I sent a follow up email to them.

Interview Questions

• If you came across an error on a new software you learned, what would you do?   Answer Question

Busboy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (Melbourne, FL (US)).

Interview

professional, the HR director just wanted to know if I could do the job, there were no silly surprise questions such as "what is your personality disorder?" or "how did you solve an issue with another employee....etc."

Interview Questions

Interview

I got an email then did a video interview. I had a list of questions I had to answer. It was very easy, but I was very nervous trying to answer questions without actually talking to someone.

Interview Questions

• Explain what type of work you have done in the past. Very easy questions.   1 Answer

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (McLean, VA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process was enjoyable thanks to a super friendly recruiter. I was unsuccessful with my application, but would certainly apply again. Hilton treated me with respect, communicated well throughout the entire process, and took a genuine interest in my achievements. Process included screening with recruiter and discussion with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with learning processes.   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Gabriel, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (San Gabriel, CA (US)).

Interview

Either apply in person or through referrals. If selected, an in person interview is scheduled. Interview is with HR director and department manager. The interview itself is fairly straightforward. For GSA, it is mostly focused on personality aptitude towards the hospitality role.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question about how to respond to an irate guest.   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Short interview for the initial approach and second interview within 3 days. Personalized interview questions based on CV rather than the standard questions usually asked. Felt comfortable during the whole process.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy, found job online and applied through normal process. Human Resources Manager reached out to me, conducted phone interview. Came in for in-person interview and then heard back a week later with offer.

Interview Questions

• How many airports are in China?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hilton (Amherst, MA (US)).

Interview

First interview was an online interview prompt. Once I got the email, I had a couple days to complete it. The interview was set up so I would be given a question, then after 30 seconds, it would begin recording me answering the question. Once I finished answering, I did not have an option to review it or re-answer the question (other online interview prompts I've done gave you three opportunities to record your answer).

I understand the need for the online process with so many applicants, however, there was no personal contact from any recruiter. It did not feel like they were actually interested in who I was as a person, which is not what you would expect from a company in the hospitality industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Hilton?   5 Answers

Hilton Response

18 Nov 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and feedback on our interview process. We appreciate your transparency with us. We’re sorry to hear you did not enjoy your overall candidate experience. We will share your... More

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

For me the initial interview was a digital video recorded interview thru HireVue. With this, I had to answer 6 questions and record it on video. Each question had a specific length of time to respond before moving on to the next question.
    For a company, like Hilton, that prides itself in personal service and relationships, I found it ironic that the first interaction was a very non-personal interview process. I was not impressed by the experience.

Corporate Position: Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Hilton (McLean, VA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

RECRUITING PROCESS IS A MESS. Probably one of the worst I have experienced in a job search.

Applied online. Was contacted FOUR MONTHS later by a recruiter who conducted tel. screen and said I would be presented to the hiring manager. Then, after a week or two, Recruiter #1 passed me over to Recruiter #2, where I had ANOTHER telephone screen. Both recruiters explained that the hiring manager is difficult to get feedback from. I was then totally GHOSTED by Recruiter #2. After 1 1/2 months, I finally emailed both recruiters and got word that the hiring manager had filled the position. This was a terribly unprofessional process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary; just walking through the resume.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.