Hiscox Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Hiscox Underwriter Interview Questions

Interviews at Hiscox

3.3

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview

Very friendly yet technical. I was qualified and have the right experience , the vibe was very honest and friendly. I enjoyed it. I had a HR round and then two technical rounds followed by a critical thinking test.

Interview Questions

• It was super friendly but also technical, I was asked how I would rate certain things and explain my thought process in doing so. I could answer 99% of questions and the rest 1% they were very forgiving.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hiscox

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (White Plains, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I originally located this opening for a vacant underwriter position December 2016. I received a pre-phone screening early January with HR. After impressing HR during the phone screening, I received a request for an in person interview and to complete a 30 minute online assessment prior to my end of January 1st round interview. After a video conference interview, HR reached out bi-weekly with departmental, positional and interview updates. Early February, I was advised there will be a hold on hiring for a few weeks. Then at the end of March I received a call for a 2nd round interview via video conference due to me being out of state. 3 days after HR contacted me to offer the position and time to relocate. After both interviews HR provided a detailed response from each interviewer. Very clear and straight forward process.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process began with Hiscox reaching out to me and looking to have a introductory phone call. From there I spoke to a second person in HR who guided me through the majority of the rest of the process. The main interview consisted of 4 interviewers, and due to the nature of my location and the location of the job I was applying for it was all done over Skype in their New York office. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes and involved mostly talking about my background and how I'd fit into the underwriting position, as I have no formal training in underwriting. While the interviews weren't a breeze, each interviewer as very warm and happy to work with fleshing my answers out. After that I wound up receiving an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Due to my inexperience in insurance, I was frequently asked how my prior experience would translate to underwriting.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Four step process. Initial call with the recruiter, then face to face or VC interview with 3 managers, Watson Glaser Critical Thinking test and finally face to face or VC with the SVP.

I applied for the job and a couple days later the recruiter reached out to me via email to set up a time to chat via phone for the following week. It was 3 minute chat about the position, the department and the location as this was out of state and I was mobile.
    The recruiter was great and a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Easy to talk to and very straightforward which i like. Next the recruiter had me chat with my future manager over the phone to get a rapport going.

Next 3 person face to face interview. Since i was from out of state i went to the local office and had it via VC. Very hi-tech and current with the technology compared to many other insurance carriers. The interview lasted a little over an hour, alternating between technical and personal questions. Very engaging and stress free.

Next, was the final interview qith the SVP. Very similar to the 2nd interview. Very engaging and easy to talk to.

Throughout the whole process the HR recruiter was very responsive and kept me in the loop on the next steps.

Following week got an offer was about where i was looking to be at. Accepted the offer and now I'mpossible!

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Had an employee referral to go in and see about an underwriter associate position. Basic interview questions about ambitions, skills, job qualifications etc. There was no technical underwriting or other insurance questions.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

All Day process. Met with 6 other candidates, we had to give a 20 minute presentation, there was a group work session, and then a 2 on 1 interview.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox in July 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple interview process - chat with HR, and then 1-1 with hiring manager and then another set of interviews with all members of the team. Finally, a Watson Glazer test.

Interview Questions

• Focus on market trends as well as what I specifically did and how I could take those skills across. Also, a definite focus on team fit as skills cans be learnt.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hiscox (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was interview over the phone for a short term contract role. I had left the market and was semi-retired when Hiscox approached me to help them out. The interview took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to sign a 3 month or 6 month contract and would y7ou be Ok working 4 days a week.   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Paris (France)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in Marsh 2017 and het a quick return for a first phone interview.
    During one month, I have five interviews of one hour with several persons of the company, including the HR, my manager and the head of the French company.
    Furthermore, I passed an online test of 40 mn in order to determine my analytical capacities.
    I get a positive answer in April that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• 1 - How do you see yourself in five years ?
      2 - What capacities did you develop in your precedent job and will be useful for our company ?
      3 - What is the perfect behaviour for this job (underwriter) ?   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Colchester, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Comprised of 4 stages. Stage 1 was a telephone interview. Stage 2 was a face-to-face interview with two managers. Stage 3 was an online aptitude test. Stage 4 was a final face-to-face interview again with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.