Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 10 Feb 2016

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Was offered on campus interview after applying through campus recruiting. An hour and half in total. With two separate people, each for 45 minutes. The first one asked mostly behavioral based questions off a list. The second one asked me to list 2-3 involvements with bullet points for each, then he chose one involvement and asked me more detailed questions pertaining what I did for that position, what technical programs I used etc. You need to know your resume well. Both recruiters are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when your plans have to change due to unexpected circumstances.   Answer Question

Entry Consultant CORE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

1st round interview behavioral 2nd round is two 45 minute behavioral interviews 3rd round in on site engaging in tean activities with a couple behavioral interviews and a case If you are a team player and enjoy working with people then you will do extremely well during these interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hear you? What makes you different than everyone else? Why IT Consulting?   Answer Question

The company culture did not appeal to me during the interview process.

Consultant Core Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting process. I did one 30-45min interview on campus with a senior manager. I then went to an all day interview at the Seattle offices where I interviewed with about 4 managers. I was taken out to lunch by 2 current entry level consultants. There was also a group portion where we were divided into small groups and responded to a business scenario to a group of potential "clients." The day was ended by a cocktail reception hour.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Had an On Campus Interview. It was an hour and a half long and I met with two different people. One person was very conversational and knew a lot about the company while the recruiter was very by the book on asking the required questions. Very relaxed and easy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked to explain times you worked in a team with someone slacking off   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Hiring Process is very smooth, i had one telephonic round and second round face to face, they make us comfortable during interview.infact i enjoyed the interview rounds. very nice people

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my university and was subsequently contacted for an interview. I had an in-person interview that took approximately 80 minutes and had two parts. The initial part was business-centric, during which the interviewer and I discusses Hitachi Consulting itself and the work done there. The second interview was a personality/attitude interview during which the interviewer asked me to simply discuss my CV from bottom to top. Not to because it was unclear, but as a speaking and conversational exercise. He then asked me to recant times when I'd had trouble with team members and how I resolved them.

Senior Manager, Specialized Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Very friendly and outgoing. Courteous and timely. Properly scheduled and good gaps between multiple interviews. I was called on and properly discussed my future plans and goals. I was also allowed to ask questions. I met with two VPs and was excited to understand the roles and what they had to offer. Overall Experience was good.

Interview Questions

• 1. Quite Technical 2. Problems and Analysis questions 3. Design review   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. I didnt ask much and there wasnt any haggling.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Champaign, IL (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

In person interview on campus with 2 different people, one consultant and one HR person. Relatively friendly but asked about business knowledge and specific examples. Interviewed a lot of students for the positions.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2014.

Interview

Met at Campus Career fair. Greeter was incredible and immediately got me interested. Applied on school career portal, was notified that I was accepted to first round interviews. Invited to drinks with all interviewers the night before interviews- casual but clearly important to see how well we fit with other applicants and current employees. First round interview was 2 seperate people, 45 mins each, all behavioral as expected. Second round was brutal- partially because my interviewer was really tough and asked 3-4 brain teasers, and tried to throw me multiple times. Probably hardest non full case interview I've ever had. Walked out thinking I wouldn't be getting a call back, but got a personal email from my interviewer saying he was happy I made it through his tough questions and he was excited to invite me to final rounds. Final rounds were awesome, all other applicants were so ambitious and friendly- I wanted all of us to get hired together.. the two day final interview process included a team building exercise, dinner, drinks, and and a day full of case interviews (group case to see how well you can work together without trying to show off), presentations, and meetings with VP's. Every thing about the process made me want to be part of the company, because they went out of their way to show you how important cultural fit was to the firm- and how awesome it would be to work with other hitachi consultants.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, brain teasers (ping pong balls in room), harvard business case (group case question)   Answer Question

Senior Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Pune (India)).

Interview

overall It was good experience with the interview & hiring process. From start to ends , the recruiter person helped a lot & for each & every processed during interviewing.