Honey Birdette Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 15 May 2018

2.1

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Melbourne) in February 2018.

Interview

Very brief group interview process where you are expected to dress like a ‘honey’. You are basically crammed into a boutique of choice with other candidates. Red lipstick and a slick of winged eye liner is mandatory - red lipstick is the company’s calling card basically. Get ready to wear all your best honey birdette gear because all the other girls sure will be, if you think like you look like the star of a brazzer’s production after you’re don’t getting ready, you’re on the right track, because that’s what they want; for you to sell yourself figuratively and literally.

Interview Questions

• What’s your name?
      Why do you want to work for Honey Birdette?
      Tell us a little about your retail experience?   1 Answer

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Sydney) in January 2018.

Interview

They sometimes have group Interviews in store or in their city Head Quarters.
    They can interview up to 10 girls at a time and ask about their availability and location preference.
    After the interview you are called to do a trial run to see if you can deliver the companies requirements.
    After the 3 day trial, if you are successful you sign paperwork and officially become a honey.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal what animal would you be?
      Why do you want to work for the company?
      Your availability.
      Your location availability.
      Questions YOU may have about the process including the next steps   1 Answer

Casual Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joondalup

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Joondalup) in September 2017.

Interview

Did an online interview then got called maybe a month later to go for a group interview the next morning.

There was 4 of us in the store and we were asked to grab something in the store that described us.

We then had to sell a sex toy individually and then we had to sell lingerie for a scenario with another candidate.

Then had to explain why we wanted the job.

Very chilled but the manager knew what she was after. Most of the girls weren’t that dressed up so I feel it depended more on your personality.

Your outcome was given within 3 days and they had multiple interviews over the week.

Casual Honey Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Melbourne) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then took part in a group interview which was split into three sections. The first was an icebreaker where you learnt about the company and managers learnt about you, the next was a lingerie sales pitch and the third was a toy sales pitch

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Honey Birdette?
      What kind of drink would you be and why?
      Product specific questions
      What's your party trick/secret talent?   Answer Question

Casual Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Sydney) in February 2017.

Interview

Approached staff in store and expressed an interest
    Followed by a one on one interview
    Found ot I was successful
    Awesome was given a contract in under a week and smooth transition into the role always felt comfortable with staff interviewing me. Follow up was very fast

Interview Questions

• Standard retail questions and scenarios in the job.
      Expectations set at the first interview
      felt comfortable in being able to contact my seniors if I needed them   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy got a contract in under a week

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Sydney) in January 2017.

Interview

They only look for dumb, pretty young girls. Presentation is key. They have a look that they want and if you dont fit that brief then you have no chance. Make sure you wear high heels and red lipstick. If you cant wear heels for a 9 hour day then dont apply to work here. If you cant handle sexual harassment then dont apply to work here.

Casual Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Honey Birdette.

Interview

Looked up and down, whisked out of the store for a "chat" where I was asked about experience in retail, my sexuality, what I had to offer, availability, store preference, ability to meet strict KPIs and whether I was comfortable selling sex toys.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to sell a bra to them in a role play   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Brisbane) in October 2016.

Interview

Group interview with around 8 other girls applying for many stores. My interview was very relaxed, more like a chat with a group of friends. No resume was required but we were expected to dress like you would if you were working at one of their stores. I did not own any Honey Birdette items but it didn't matter as it was more about your personality as a fit for their company. I was not required to but many girls I met through the company were asked at their interview to give a sales pitch on one of the toys they sell as you would if you were selling to a customer. I recommend researching on the website if you apply for this job.

Casual/Part Time Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chermside

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Chermside) in September 2016.

Interview

After applying online via a short video of myself, I was asked to meet my potential employers a 50 minute drive from where I live, as that's where the regional manager was, even though I was only applying for the store that was a 10 minute drive from where I lived.
    When I arrived at the store (10 minutes early) no one was to be found.
    I finally spotted another red lipped honey wandering around as lost as I was, and together we found our way to the Chermside foodcourt, where we were greeted by 25 other girls in the Honey Birdette lingerie and red lips.
    The interviews were conducted roughly 5 girls at a time, all in front of one another.
    The girls interviewing us stuck to the same four questions for everyone, and got the same answers over and over again.
    When they finished interviewing each girl, they snapped a quick shot of the girl, thanked them for coming, and moved on quickly to the next.
    It was a terribly organised interview, in an obnoxious environment, with a hostile, competitive mood.

Interview Questions

• Q1; What store are you interviewing for?
      Q2; What's your availability?
      Q3; Are you willing to travel?
      Q4; Is there anything else you would like to tell me about yourself that isn't on your resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Melbourne) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief conversation with store manager when walked in and handed in my resume and cover letter. Had to write our working availabilities shortly after on our cover letter if hadn't already. Was told to look around the store and find a bra to sell to a young female and a sex toy for any individual - then come back and act out how we would sell these products (individually with store manager while the others in the group waited outside).

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.