Honey Birdette Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Honey Birdette Interview Questions

Interviews at Honey Birdette

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Sydney) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied on their website directly, where I submitted my Instagram URL, cv and cover letter. Was contacted 12 hours after my application and invited for an interview. The group interview was very rushed and uncomfortable felt very much like an group interview with no efforts to make it more comfortable for everyone involved. It was very much girl against girl and all they seemed to care about was your looks. Never heard back after 3 days like they said we would so I followed up a week and a half later with a thank you email and asked about if the job had been filled. Never heard back. Very poor form.

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Was invited to a group interview at their Sydney store early morning on a Fridayat 9am before the store opened at 9:30. Got there early and around 40-50 girls were lining up outside, and everyone had gone to extreme effort in their appearance, following the requirements given for the interview (red lipstick, winged eyeliner, pristine and professional appearance).
    Just after 9am they took girls in groups of 4 over to be asked questions for at least 5mins, and then took them into the store to practice selling for at least another five minutes. As they were only taking 4 girls at a time and there were around 50 waiting it was an incredibly long process, and by the time 9:30 rolled around and the store opened, the girls sitting down being asked questions were told they couldn't do the sales part of their interview because the store was opened so they were finished, while many of the other girls still waiting in line were asked to just go home.
    Very unprofessional and unfair to the girls that had traveled all that way and prepared and gotten ready. I would suggest that they only invite half the amount of girls in that time as they were aware of how many were coming because we had to RSVP, and also aware that there was only half an hour before the store opened, so their timing expectations should have been more realistic and they should have been more respectful of people's time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Adelaide) in March 2019.

Interview

ADELAIDE- MARION- MARCH 2019
    The usual awful group interview.

You have to look the part (skinny and pretty). If your not wearing and showing off your way too expensive Honey birdette bra at the interview you won't be considered.

We had to introduce ourselves and then we had to pick a over priced sex toy we liked and sell it to the group.

Sent a thank you email, got no reply back. Asked for feedback and received none.

Good luck!

Casual Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honey Birdette.

Interview

Group interview with 5 other girls which included some really strange and left of field questions. It was more of a fashion contest than anything. We were then asked to “sell” a toy to the manager.

Interview Questions

• If you had to describe yourself as an animal, what would you be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Brisbane) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied in November and got an interview email in late January. It was a group interview. We were told in the email that we would meet the team, show off our best Honey Birdette look and "hit the floor". We were told to dress as if we were a Honey (an employee) which includes a black shirt with black trousers or a pencil skirt, we should flaunt a little peek of HB to showcase the product, accents of red, leopard print, black or white were welcomed, with stilettos, winged eyeliner and red lipstick. They said we would take the group on a tour of the "Pleasure Parlour" (the sex toy portion of the shop) and showcase a HB toy. This meant you had to be familiar with the entire range they offered, they expected you to study and know all the functionalities of each product they had available (you can do this on the website, I was able to cram all the functions and features of each toy within two hours before my interview so I would be able to perform the task needed.

However, on arrival, there were about 40-50 people who came to the session so they had to split us into two groups and take us to a separate part of the shopping centre (we couldn't all fit in the boutique) to conduct the interview, meaning we would not do the Pleasure Parlour portion of the interview.

There were two conductors of the interview, one the Head of Talent and Culture, and one the Area Manager. They spoke about how the career is fast paced, for example, one of the conductors (I forget which specifically) had only started working at HB that past Christmas as a Christmas Casual and she was already in that high of a position, a month later. This confirmed the reviews I read speaking about how there is a high turnover at HB. They spoke about how everything was high risk, high reward, meaning, the better you do and the more you commit yourself to your job and go above and beyond, the higher you will go, at an incredibly fast rate. They spoke about how there are work parties where their boss will give away Louboutin heels and lingerie.

I would recommend being confident and open during your interview, don't be afraid to show your sexual side and be vulnerable. They are very welcoming and one applicant even showed up with HB leather handcuffs on, which they seemed to enjoy and I thought was a nice touch.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from everybody else at the table? (e.g. one girl mentioned she could crack all her bones, another said she had no gag reflex, another said she wasn't supposed to be alive right now due to a near death experience, etc) Basically about what your party trick is or something else interesting/fun about yourself, I guess.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Honey Birdette?   Answer Question
    • Write down your name, phone number, email and what stores you want to work at.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Honey Birdette? e.g. how was it founded? why was it founded? what do we sell/do?   Answer Question
    • Why should we choose you?   Answer Question

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Brisbane

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (South Brisbane) in October 2018.

Interview

Group interview, there are over 70 girls there and its a beauty contest. You're asked inappropriate questions, you will only bec successful if you're 5'11 and brunette if you want to go any further in the company, you won't get past a position hire if you don't fit their ridiculous standards.

You shouldn't bother applying, they use it as a marketing tatic so many girls apply and they all go and spend huge amounts of money on outfits to wear to the interview, they pray and exploite you!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Melbourne).

Interview

group interview held within the store, headed out back near the changing rooms. store was still operating whilst we stood at the back in a circle. she seemed mainly interested in individuals with management experience.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to the company? What toys have you used and what is your favourite one? Previous positions   Answer Question

Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Sydney).

Interview

Had to travel 2hrs by train to Pitt street for the interview and I wasn’t even applying for Sydney areas. The area manager was 25 minutes late to my interview and her fake eyelashes were falling off and she took 10 minutes to start up her laptop only to ask me 3 questions which took less than 5 minutes all up and I took the 2hr train ride back home

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Melbourne) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received an invitation to the meet and greet a few days later. There was about 7 of us at the group interview. Sat down with the national manager and she asked us a few quirky little questions. Felt more like a little girls lunch than an interview.
    We were then taken in store in groups to “sell” a toy of our choice to the national manager.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Melbourne) in February 2018.

Interview

Very brief group interview process where you are expected to dress like a ‘honey’. You are basically crammed into a boutique of choice with other candidates. Red lipstick and a slick of winged eye liner is mandatory - red lipstick is the company’s calling card basically. Get ready to wear all your best honey birdette gear because all the other girls sure will be, if you think like you look like the star of a brazzer’s production after you’re don’t getting ready, you’re on the right track, because that’s what they want; for you to sell yourself figuratively and literally.

Interview Questions

• What’s your name?
      Why do you want to work for Honey Birdette?
      Tell us a little about your retail experience?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.