Honey Birdette Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 25 Jun 2017

2.2

Casual Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Sydney) in February 2017.

Interview

Approached staff in store and expressed an interest
    Followed by a one on one interview
    Found ot I was successful
    Awesome was given a contract in under a week and smooth transition into the role always felt comfortable with staff interviewing me. Follow up was very fast

Interview Questions

• Standard retail questions and scenarios in the job.
      Expectations set at the first interview
      felt comfortable in being able to contact my seniors if I needed them   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy got a contract in under a week

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Sydney) in January 2017.

Interview

They only look for dumb, pretty young girls. Presentation is key. They have a look that they want and if you dont fit that brief then you have no chance. Make sure you wear high heels and red lipstick. If you cant wear heels for a 9 hour day then dont apply to work here. If you cant handle sexual harassment then dont apply to work here.

Casual Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Honey Birdette.

Interview

Looked up and down, whisked out of the store for a "chat" where I was asked about experience in retail, my sexuality, what I had to offer, availability, store preference, ability to meet strict KPIs and whether I was comfortable selling sex toys.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to sell a bra to them in a role play   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Brisbane) in October 2016.

Interview

Group interview with around 8 other girls applying for many stores. My interview was very relaxed, more like a chat with a group of friends. No resume was required but we were expected to dress like you would if you were working at one of their stores. I did not own any Honey Birdette items but it didn't matter as it was more about your personality as a fit for their company. I was not required to but many girls I met through the company were asked at their interview to give a sales pitch on one of the toys they sell as you would if you were selling to a customer. I recommend researching on the website if you apply for this job.

Casual/Part Time Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chermside

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Chermside) in September 2016.

Interview

After applying online via a short video of myself, I was asked to meet my potential employers a 50 minute drive from where I live, as that's where the regional manager was, even though I was only applying for the store that was a 10 minute drive from where I lived.
    When I arrived at the store (10 minutes early) no one was to be found.
    I finally spotted another red lipped honey wandering around as lost as I was, and together we found our way to the Chermside foodcourt, where we were greeted by 25 other girls in the Honey Birdette lingerie and red lips.
    The interviews were conducted roughly 5 girls at a time, all in front of one another.
    The girls interviewing us stuck to the same four questions for everyone, and got the same answers over and over again.
    When they finished interviewing each girl, they snapped a quick shot of the girl, thanked them for coming, and moved on quickly to the next.
    It was a terribly organised interview, in an obnoxious environment, with a hostile, competitive mood.

Interview Questions

• Q1; What store are you interviewing for?
      Q2; What's your availability?
      Q3; Are you willing to travel?
      Q4; Is there anything else you would like to tell me about yourself that isn't on your resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Melbourne) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief conversation with store manager when walked in and handed in my resume and cover letter. Had to write our working availabilities shortly after on our cover letter if hadn't already. Was told to look around the store and find a bra to sell to a young female and a sex toy for any individual - then come back and act out how we would sell these products (individually with store manager while the others in the group waited outside).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Perth, Western Australia) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online through a video questionnaire. Nailed it and then the careers person called me and offered me an interview for the next day in a shop over two hours away from me, but she ensured me it was just for the interview as that's where the regional was at the time.

When I arrived at the honey birdette shop where my interview was at 9.45 (interview at 10.00am) the regional was not expecting me and asked me to leave and come back at 10.00???
    I came back at 10.00 and she had her back to me and was talking to the careers person about me and snickering. Obviously this put me back and I just wanted to leave but though, oh well what can I loose. To my surprise it wasn't an interview it was a trial and she asked me to sell her a set and then she acted as a customer and I had to find out what she wanted. (as a customer) she picked out a set she liked and I encouraged her to buy it but instead she said she didn't like G strings. The only feedback she gave me from the fake customer experience was that I should have offered the brief which was behind the g string, which I had no idea about????
    After an hour doing this she then said that she would love to have me work in a store closer to me and would contact me within three days.

Its been over a month, and I have not been contacted. No email, No phone call.

Pooooorly planned company and interviews/ trials and extremely rude up themselves girls running the place.

Interview Questions

• What is my favourite HB set?
      Where do I see myself in One years time?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honey Birdette.

Interview

Interviewing process was straight forward and simple. I was meant go get a group interview, but the state manager was busy that day so we had a quick one on one. She asked me about myself, interests and hobbies then asked me to sell her a toy.
    Within 2 minutes I had been offered a trial.
    The trial went along and straight after, I was informed I had got the job.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Sydney) in October 2015.

Interview

A portfolio is a must, which will be reviewed by a Design Manager. There will be a total of 2 interviews. The first interview is to access skills, personality and presentation. Good hand sketching and colouring skills are a big definite requirement. The Design Manager is a professional designer and artist so don't bother pulling any tricks. If drawing or sketching is not your strong suit, try other places. Dress professionally. Grooming; for guys, a well-coiffed hair and a clean shave will be standard. For ladies, red-lipstick and light make-up. 2nd interview means you are almost there, you get to see the big boss. Do not relax on the personal presentation. If the boss doesn't like what she sees or who she is hiring, it is one way trip to the elevator. Once you have passed all that, congratulations, you are hired! But don't stop there with your personal presentation, this is HQ. You are required to dress professionally every time you step into the HQ office.

Interview Questions

• How well are you with your drawing/sketching skills?   1 Answer
    • How many years of experience do you have in the design industry?   Answer Question

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Honey Birdette (Brisbane) in April 2015.

Interview

i sent in a video application and received a call the next morning asking me to come to a store 'dressed to impress' = heels and red lipstick. In store i had a chat to a couple of the girls and then had a brief chat to the manage about the sex toys. I was then told to chat to the next customer who came in and help them around the store - A bit like being thrown in the deep end!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at love honey?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.